Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Re: Your Mobile Phone(s)

First time windows phone user?
Kind of.

I've owned a HTC Trophy and Lumia 700.

I didn't use the Trophy for long, I tried to move from my iPhone 4, and if you know that phone, it was never going to work out. I never really used the Lumia, but I recently gave it to my partner's old man and was forced to use it to set it up, and really liked it.

Anonymous person

Banned User

im having trouble stopping myself buying a 820, my mozart 7 has started randomly switching off while im in the middle of a call now! doesnt do it when phones not doing anything or just in regular use, only when im on a call. fantastic.

i want to hold out for the 620, but without even a confirmation of an australian release and only a "first quarter 2013" release date elsewhere, its pretty hard to justify holding out.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

You'd be the only person holding out for a budget device to be released.

I'm sure it will take you all of 3.2 seconds to get used to and love the bigger screen size.

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA

For your consideration, here are my favourite free apps so far:

Battery Meter is a free and quick way to see exactly how much power you have left.
Board Express for Tapatalk is necessary because sometimes IE won't let me type in the BHQ text field.
Flashlight X is handy in the dark.
Flixster is great for movie times and etc.
Gym Pocketguide is a handy app for new exercises.
Mobile First Aid is a really great idea, it's free and will automatically call 000 for you if you ask it to.
My Fitness Pal is an excellent food and exercise diary that uses a barcode scanner to upload nutritional information, saves you typing it in.
PDF Reader is for reading PDFs.
Sports Tracker is an old favourite.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Thanks Dukey!

After a good half day of use, I am very impressed with the phone. It looks good, works good, and is smooth. Everything is where you expect it, or want it.

In saying that, the operating system does still feel young, which is great, because the functionality of the system is only going to get better in time. I especially like that Microsoft is so committed to mobile.

The only gripe I've had so far is that the voice control in the car is pretty hopeless. However, voice to text was pretty decent, however, I haven't worked out if I can do this without looking, and have it read back to me.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

So for the peeps who have the phone, do you agree it's the best screen ever?
I just love the screen, also the curved glass gives it a really nice feel.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Sitting it next to an iPhone 5 it just looks 10x better.

The battery life is so good now that I've had it for over a week. Just turn off 4g and I'm usually 30-40% by 9pm which is excellent.

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA

Pretty soon there are going to be more Lumia fans on Broncos HQ than there are Broncos fans.
LumiaHQ?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Has a ring to it.

The overall uni body design is brilliant. I'm surprised they didn't go with it on the 820 as well. I loved it on the 700, and the 920 just feels and looks good.

Some people complain about the weight, but it makes if feel solid.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

LumiaHQ I very much like it.

Maybe BHQ having its own Lumia fan club, an RL forum is an indication of the phones success. Well I hope, I have a soft spot for Nokia.

Waiting for Snake app.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

In board express, when I am in New Posts or whatever, I load the thread and it goes to page 1, how do I get it to show the latest unread post?

dukey

NRL Player
Perth, WA

Top right hand corner it should say the page number, tap that then choose latest post or whatever option there is. I dunno how to make it automatically go to the latest post.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter