Non-Executive Darren Lockyer

Brisbane Broncos Announce Darren Lockyer Has Joined Board As Non-Executive Director | Triple M | NRL

First of all, what the hell is a NON executive Director?

Second, can we hope that Locky can bring about some decent influence at board level to move the club in the right direction?

A non executive director is a director on the board that has nothing to do with the running of the organisation in it's day to day format. As such they are responsible for challenging the governance and other strategic roles of the organisation as the have a outside view not skewed by someone that has a day to day role in the organisation, like an insider director.

In other words exactly what we need, one of, if not the most respected bronco who that can question things and make sure things are going the way they should.

I just had a nightmarish vision of Lockyer getting close to fixing the clubs issues when a Gerard Beale flying-knee to the face ruins everything.

Not a bad role for Locky as I wouldn't have trusted him having a big position on the board. A lighter one gathering news from the outside and being the correspondent for the public view would suit him a lot more. Being a die-hard Bronco he would know what the fans want.

I just had a nightmarish vision of Lockyer getting close to fixing the clubs issues when a Gerard Beale flying-knee to the face ruins everything.

bahahaha

Yep, brings tears to eyes of die hard fans. Very sad moment

Last edited:

Sounds similar to the nightmare I had of Andrew Gee finalising the contract with Milford only to sign the contract upsidedown on it making it null and void and Milford decides to take an offer from the Titans instead.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • LGH
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.