NEWS Nothing can hold Boyd back

Doesn't mean he is.
He's definitely a pea heart on the field. Doesn't show any drive. Some of his tackle attempts were embarrassing. I mean there were several where he just tried to grab with hands or fell over for no reason or didn't run for a grubber or would make a tackle and then not make an effort to get back in position. After every tackle Slater rushed back to his feet and gets in position asap. Boyd takes longer to get up than Dugan.

He's definitely a pea heart on the field. Doesn't show any drive. Some of his tackle attempts were embarrassing. I mean there were several where he just tried to grab with hands or fell over for no reason or didn't run for a grubber or would make a tackle and then not make an effort to get back in position. After every tackle Slater rushed back to his feet and gets in position asap. Boyd takes longer to get up than Dugan.

The bloke is no pea heart. What rubbish. So because he isn't exactly the same as one of the greatest fullbacks ever to play the game he is a pea heart? Give me a break.

Funny how none of this guff came out before his hamstring issues. We will see in 2019 if his body holds up and if he can get back to being what he was.

The bloke is no pea heart. What rubbish. So because he isn't exactly the same as one of the greatest fullbacks ever to play the game he is a pea heart? Give me a break.

Funny how none of this guff came out before his hamstring issues. We will see in 2019 if his body holds up and if he can get back to being what he was.

He has always been an A class sook though. Even considering his injury, it’s a bad look for the captain to throw his arms up and whinge after every tackle, watch tries happen from a distance so often at fullback and avoid taking hard runs when required. Maybe it was his injury, physically and mentally, but he’s been soft in many areas the last two seasons.

This is his season to prove he’s still got it, or he’s got to go imo. He did improve towards the end of the season though. I hope he goes well and actually leads the team.

He has always been an A class sook though. Even considering his injury, it’s a bad look for the captain to throw his arms up and whinge after every tackle, watch tries happen from a distance so often at fullback and avoid taking hard runs when required. Maybe it was his injury, physically and mentally, but he’s been soft in many areas the last two seasons.

This is his season to prove he’s still got it, or he’s got to go imo. He did improve towards the end of the season though. I hope he goes well and actually leads the team.

Yep, he has been a sook the last few years, but then again, so have blokes like Slater and Cam Smith.

Boyd not a pea heart? What the hell is then? He surrenders tackles, whinges to the ref when he gets hit a wittle bit hard, and half his games he might as well not be there if his body language is anything to go on.

Didn't he actually break down and cry during a game at his time at NTLE. I think it was a half time melt down?

Not that there's anything wrong with crying......

:eyebrow2:

Meaningless comparison. As far as Boyd goes, consistent performances and an improved attitude are what he needs.

How is it meaningless. Even the very best sook. I dont even think his attitude is an issue, its his fitness.

Boyd not a pea heart? What the hell is then? He surrenders tackles, whinges to the ref when he gets hit a wittle bit hard, and half his games he might as well not be there if his body language is anything to go on.

Its not rocket science, his body wasnt holding up and it was effecting the rest of his game. A pea heart wouldnt even get on the field. A pea heart would take the easy route and just stay on the sidelines instead of putting himself out there to be shot at.

Didn't he actually break down and cry during a game at his time at NTLE. I think it was a half time melt down?

Not that there's anything wrong with crying......

:eyebrow2:

Twice.

Round 9 2012 vs Sydney
Round 19 2014 vs Gold Coast

The Gold Coast game was his final game for Newcastle.

To be fair, that was before he sought counseling and made steps towards bettering himself.

How is it meaningless. Even the very best sook. I dont even think his attitude is an issue, its his fitness.

A. Because he’s not in their league talent wise and B. Because he’s captain of the Brisbane broncos. Even though you shouldn’t, you can sook all you want when you perform consistently. Cut the whinging, run hard, lead by action.

Its not rocket science, his body wasnt holding up and it was effecting the rest of his game. A pea heart wouldnt even get on the field. A pea heart would take the easy route and just stay on the sidelines instead of putting himself out there to be shot at.

What? No. He takes the field and plays like a pea heart.

If his body can't handle it, leave. He's the captain for ***** sake, and he's one of the softest players in the team.

I honestly don't think any other coach in the comp would have persisted with boyd last season like bennett did. He was more often than not our worst on field, and that's just shocking when you're captain. When Lockyer or Hodges had issues with their body, effort and determination and leadership was never an issue. Boyd is not a verbal leader, never has been and never will be. Most of the time after conceding a try it was Glenn or Macca or Milford doing the talking, basically never Boyd. And my god in 2018 he definitely wasn't leading by example. He ran the ball back hard about 3 times all season and two of them he knocked it on. He would miss tackles and then wave his hands around at the ref, and he would just touch players as they ran passed him and never truly tried to get under the ball in defence. Isaako played a couple games at fullback, he had more try savers in his handful of games than Boyd did in the past 2 years. If he doesn't start the season well, he will be dropped because we simply don't need that crap from him. We have Isaako, Kahu, Milford, Nikorima and Bird who are all capable of playing at fullback and all of which show a hell of a lot more effort than him.

I have never liked Ben Hunt as a player, but one thing you can't deny is that he always tries. So too do people like Kahu, Glenn, Macca, Oates, Lodge. THey always put in 100% which is what we need more of.

I like Boyd. I think he's a good player.

Is he still the captain next year? Do we know for sure?

Is that what Seibold wanted? Is it the first chink in the armour for Seibs?

Boyd is not a verbal leader, never has been and never will be. Most of the time after conceding a try it was Glenn or Macca or Milford doing the talking, basically never Boyd.

giphy.gif

Complete rubbish.

Boyd does more talking than anyone out on that field. The players even confirmed that, Milford especially. As for the rest of your comment, I'm not even going to bother with it.

Seriously, go to a game or even watch a game for once.

giphy.gif

Complete rubbish.

Boyd does more talking than anyone out on that field. The players even confirmed that, Milford especially. As for the rest of your comment, I'm not even going to bother with it.

Seriously, go to a game or even watch a game for once.
I have gone to every home game for the past 13 years without missing a single one. I've also gone to 3-4 away games every year. I see a lot. He talks in defence yes. To direct players and stuff like that. But that's what literally every full back ever does. After conceding tries he is rarely the one taking charge of the team. Probably because so many of the conceded tries are due to his poor effort. It averaged more than 1 try a game conceded by grubbers in 2018. That's abysmal and by far the worst in the comp.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.