VOTE Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

Now that the Broncos are out, who are you backing to win the 2021 premiership?

• Total voters

Santa

QCup Player
Jun 30, 2020
Threads
I think its pretty clear that bennett is a better origin coach and bellamy is a better club coach.

As others have mentioned origin is more a motivational job then a tactical job. Also keep in mind that despite NSWs teams not being as 'bad' as qlds side last year the nsw play makers (namely pearce and whoever got to play second fiddle to his garbage) where certainly way further off the pace then the comparison qld had to nsw last year.

Munster is the best 5/8 in the game and DCE would have made all those nsw teams with his eyes closed. The only spine players you mentioned were stewart and hayne both cant play fullack and neither of them where ball playing fullbacks with even the same skill set as say kalyn ponga.

Also, lets be realistic about last year if qld dont illegally take out tedesco with a grubby play and fittler have a decent back on his bench and not move yeo to the centres nsw win last year pretty easily as well.
I don't think its clear that Bellamy is a better club coach then Bennett. Imagine how much more successful we would have been if Wayne stayed with the Broncos instead of dragons/knights/souths.

While everyone keeps on harping on about Melbourne and roosters few wins over the last few years, we seem to have forgotten our 5 premierships in a 9 year period.

john1420

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2008
Threads
I don't think its clear that Bellamy is a better club coach then Bennett. Imagine how much more successful we would have been if Wayne stayed with the Broncos instead of dragons/knights/souths.

While everyone keeps on harping on about Melbourne and roosters few wins over the last few years, we seem to have forgotten our 5 premierships in a 9 year period.
Couldn't agree more, Bellamy should never be considered better than Wayne until he has won premierships at multiple clubs - and not just because Wayne did, but also he needs to win at a club that wasn't built by cheating

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads
its going to be a big effort for anyone to stop melbourne going back to back.

In reality penrith are the most likely, but if parra somehow pull of a miracle i think thats curtains for the premiership.
I think Parra are the best chance of beating Melbourne. They’re far from the best team in the finals but I think they have the best chance of an upset specifically over Melbourne

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
thinking logically and the best GF from our POV would be Panthers vs Rabbitohs.

this way one of Reynolds or Capewell get the experience of winning a second premiership ... and both get the experience and confidence of playing in a second GF

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
thinking logically and the best GF from our POV would be Panthers vs Rabbitohs.

this way one of Reynolds or Capewell get the experience of winning a second premiership ... and both get the experience and confidence of playing in a second GF
I'm on board with that. Also means Storm and Roosters get knocked out which sounds doubly good to me.

Morkel

International Captain
Jan 25, 2013
Threads
From the remaining teams:

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Having my eyes gouged out
Eels if somehow Moses was out
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

Yes, I would prefer the Storm win than the Panthers, due to their smug arrogance and the NRL's gifting them dominance.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

Yes, I would prefer the Storm win than the Panthers, due to their smug arrogance and the NRL's gifting them dominance.
Spot on

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Threads

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

I'm with you, I despise the Storm and I know if Manly win I'll never hear the end of it from my brother in law but I will gladly take that to see the Panthers kicked right in the balls and denied a premiership.

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Threads

Rabbitohs
Tommy Turbo
Roosters
Global Apocalypse
Storm
Universal Apocalypse
Panthers

Dunno how you can rate the Eels so highly after being smashed over and over again since 58-0. We still haven't got revenge on them, St George or Melbourne for massive finals thrashings.

At least the Panthers go easy on us.

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Threads

The premierships are one thing - the other is how consistently good melbourne has been under his tenure. I agree that Bellamys coaching resume would be enhanced tom brady style if he did it at another club.

However, he has kept a club in the hunt for a premiership for nearly 20years straight - I dont recall melbourne ever having any real down years. Bennett at his peak had some down years at Brisbane. Even the mighty Raiders had a down year in 92 during there run.

I cant think of another sporting competition with a salary cap* that has seen a club stay at the top for so long.

Also for me Bennett teams at there best have individuals playing at their peak, through motivation / happiness. Thats why you see him have success in big games and rep footy.

Bellamy at his peak has systems in place to make the very most out of scrub footballers (hence why you dont buy a half back croft - if your going to buy a melbourne player you want him to have been there for a long long time) make the most out of every footballer, in every game, in every play. Hence why you have such sustained success with him.

If I could have either of them back at the raiders, I would take Bellamy in a heartbeat. For the mighty blues I would take bennett in a heartbeat. Both sides would be near unstoppable at this point with those coaches (and a new half back for the raiders- maybe you guys could send us reynolds.).

papabear

NYC Player
Nov 1, 2013
Threads
I think Parra are the best chance of beating Melbourne. They’re far from the best team in the finals but I think they have the best chance of an upset specifically over Melbourne
Parra do have a bit of confidence going against melbourne this year.

That said you get the feeling parra went into those games as if they were their GF whilst melbourne were thinking we have to play that d bag moses again. In a prelim - I think melbourne would annihilate them much the same as they did to them a few years back in the finals.

john1420

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2008
Threads
The premierships are one thing - the other is how consistently good melbourne has been under his tenure. I agree that Bellamys coaching resume would be enhanced tom brady style if he did it at another club.

However, he has kept a club in the hunt for a premiership for nearly 20years straight - I dont recall melbourne ever having any real down years. Bennett at his peak had some down years at Brisbane. Even the mighty Raiders had a down year in 92 during there run.

I cant think of another sporting competition with a salary cap* that has seen a club stay at the top for so long.

Also for me Bennett teams at there best have individuals playing at their peak, through motivation / happiness. Thats why you see him have success in big games and rep footy.

Bellamy at his peak has systems in place to make the very most out of scrub footballers (hence why you dont buy a half back croft - if your going to buy a melbourne player you want him to have been there for a long long time) make the most out of every footballer, in every game, in every play. Hence why you have such sustained success with him.

If I could have either of them back at the raiders, I would take Bellamy in a heartbeat. For the mighty blues I would take bennett in a heartbeat. Both sides would be near unstoppable at this point with those coaches (and a new half back for the raiders- maybe you guys could send us reynolds.).

Correct! But as Melbourne have been proven to have cheated that cap for 5 consecutive years, and who knows how many more other undiscovered years, it just doesn't stand up - his record will forever be tarnished, and legitimacy questioned, and I for one will never acknowledge his record. I am prepared to admit that he has built a good system where people know their roles and average players can be better than they really are, but discussions of him being the greatest coach ever can go and get stuffed

IceWorks

QCup Player
May 10, 2019
Threads
Correct! But as Melbourne have been proven to have cheated that cap for 5 consecutive years, and who knows how many more other undiscovered years, it just doesn't stand up - his record will forever be tarnished, and legitimacy questioned, and I for one will never acknowledge his record. I am prepared to admit that he has built a good system where people know their roles and average players can be better than they really are, but discussions of him being the greatest coach ever can go and get stuffed
Yep. Something is just not right about the Storm. They have built an impressive management and recruiting machine for certain, and the coaching/exploiting of the rules is best in class.

For one... How about this idea.. Melbourne have experienced an incredible sustained run of success.. How come we don't have Victoria competing in the State of Origin!?

soup

State of Origin Captain
May 1, 2013
Threads
One day, all of the die-hard bronco fans will realise that we broke the mould with salary cap scandals, long before Melbourne even though about it.

Bit embarrassing.

JAHHW

NRL Captain
Aug 24, 2017
Threads
One day, all of the die-hard bronco fans will realise that we broke the mould with salary cap scandals, long before Melbourne even though about it.

Bit embarrassing.
You’re missing the point big time if you think that’s the only reason people despise the Storm.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
Just let the season finish already. Give the trophy to Melbourne and let’s get in to the cricket season.

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarltonCru
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.