NEWS NRL’s first $2m man: Priceless Papenhuyzen ‘most marketable in game’

He is super marketable. As marketable as Darren Lockyer, but remember when we weren’t allowed to sign him for unders cos of his “value” I remember mark gasnier wasn’t allowed to sign for minimum when he came back from rugby. And the eels weren’t allowed to pay unders for Folau so he went to rugby.

Good on Papz, make as much money as you can in your 10 year playing window then retire.
Every one of you would do the same.
Nobody actually cares about 3rd party deals. Everyone should be pissed on how low his Storm contract is though. I think based on how low it is, how dodgy the Storm have been and how sneaky their betting company deals are people have every right to question what the **** is happening in Melbourne

Nobody actually cares about 3rd party deals. Everyone should be pissed on how low his Storm contract is though. I think based on how low it is, how dodgy the Storm have been and how sneaky their betting company deals are people have every right to question what the **** is happening in Melbourne
Doesnt the NRL police player values? And you are literally not allowed to underpay players?

Honest question as i don't really know.

What is to stop a player from taking a ton of under the table 3rd party deals and accepting a small official wage to ease salary cap pressure?

What is to stop a player from taking a ton of under the table 3rd party deals and accepting a small official wage to ease salary cap pressure?
I was laughing because it's funny that anyone expects the NRL to actually police their own rules. There is really nothing to stop it, other than a person involved whistle blowing or the club they pay for not being one of their chosen favourites.

A clean conscience, but also 3rd party deals can't be guaranteed in writing, so they can't really sue the club if they don't follow through.

A clean conscience, but also 3rd party deals can't be guaranteed in writing, so they can't really sue the club if they don't follow through.
So the moral high road is what is stopping every other club from doing what the storm is doing?

I was laughing because it's funny that anyone expects the NRL to actually police their own rules. There is really nothing to stop it, other than a person involved whistle blowing or the club they pay for not being one of their chosen favourites.
So why are we not doing it to retain players like Fifita and Coates etc?

Third party payments are limitless if the club doesn't organise it or make it part of your deal. If your manager goes out and gets Nike to sponsor you and give you $100k a year it is sweet as and isn't on the cap.

We know there was 4.2 million last year in third party deals for players across the comp and 1.5 of that was off the cap.

And if your club pays you less than half of what you’re actually worth and you somehow pick up a bunch of sneaky 3rd party deals it’s all good, no worries, depending on what team that is of course.

So the moral high road is what is stopping every other club from doing what the storm is doing?
Well that and having actual super rich backers.

Well that and having actual super rich backers.
Super rich backers who give a shit about the team and don’t benefit from their team losing or being a shit show

Good on Papz, make as much money as you can in your 10 year playing window then retire.
Every one of you would do the same.
I think you've completely missed the point. No one is saying anything about him making the money...

The worst thing the broncos ever did was put themselves on the stock market. This means our spendings are public and accountable. There's nothing stopping the very, very rich owners at the Roosters, storm, warriors or the titans (coincidentally have rich owners and are ALWAYS able to keep and/or sign who they want) from giving a company or an individual a few $100,000 either directly or by losing some golf/poker games and it financially makes sense for them to do this. Qe can't now or we'd get caught by the end of the week. If people SERIOUSLY think these rich owners are sitting obediently by and sticking to their lane while they lose players and games that will cost them $100,000s I am sorry but... YOURE A FUCKING IDIOT...

The worst thing the broncos ever did was put themselves on the stock market. This means our spendings are public and accountable. There's nothing stopping the very, very rich owners at the Roosters, storm, warriors or the titans (coincidentally have rich owners and are ALWAYS able to keep and/or sign who they want) from giving a company or an individual a few $100,000 either directly or by losing some golf/poker games and it financially makes sense for them to do this. Qe can't now or we'd get caught by the end of the week. If people SERIOUSLY think these rich owners are sitting obediently by and sticking to their lane while they lose players and games that will cost them $100,000s I am sorry but... YOURE A FUCKING IDIOT...

We did this in 1988. Before the game was even professional.

No one ever would have predicted this

Someone tell me why Paps is "the man" for greyhound racing.

Surely Munster would be a better fit. Whatever endorsements he got paid greyhound racing would just get it straight back.

Seriously though, fairly sure Paps has been in to greyhound racing for years, and not just backing them from the toilets at half time.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Galah
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • kman
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • Porthoz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.