NRL 2019 Squads

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by Big Pete, Oct 10, 2018.

Brisbane Broncos
    TBA

Canberra Raiders
    TBA

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
    TBA

Cronulla Sharks
    TBA

Gold Coast Titans
    TBA

Manly Sea Eagles
    TBA

Melbourne Storm
    TBA

Newcastle Knights

TBA

North Queensland Cowboys
    Carlin Anderson, John Asiata, Kurt Baptiste, Ben Barba, Scott Bolton, Javid Bowen, Jake Clifford, Gavin Cooper, Mitchell Dunn, Kyle Feldt, Jake Granville, Ben Hampton, Coen Hess, Corey Jensen, Ethan Lowe, Nene MacDonald, Te Maire Martin, Jordan McLean, Francs Molo, Michael Morgan, Gideon Gela-Mosby, Justin O'Neil, Tom Opacic, Emry Pere, Dan Russell, Matthew Scott, Murray Taulagi, Jason Taumalolo, Enari Tuala, Shane Wright

Development Players
    Logan Bayliss-Brow, Reuben Cotter, Tom Gilbert, Kurt Wiltshire

Parramatta Eels
    TBA

Penrith Panthers
    TBA

St. George Illawarra Dragons
    TBA

South Sydney Rabbitohs
    TBA

Sydney Roosters
    TBA

Warriors
    TBA

Wests Tigers
    Josh Aloiai, Luke Brooks, Michael Chee Kam, Oliver Clark, Matt Eisenhuth, Robbie Farah, Mahe Fonua, Tyson Gamble, Luke Garner, Chris Lawrence, Jacob Liddle, Benji Marshall, Esan Marsters, Ryan Matterson, Ben Matulino, Moses Mbye, Sam McIntyre, Chris McQueen, Thomas Mikaele, Paul Momirovski, David Nofoaluma, Russell Packer, Josh Reynolds, Robbie Rochow, Dylan Smith, Elijah Taylor, Corey Thompson, Alex Twal.

Development Players
    Kane Bradley, Jock Madden, Alex Seyfarth, Tommy Talau.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    Tags:
  1. Wests Tigers 2019 NRL Squad (in alphabetical order)

Alex Twal
    Ben Matulino
    Benji Marshall
    Chris Lawrence
    Chris McQueen
    Corey Thompson
    David Nofoaluma
    Dylan Smith
    Elijah Taylor
    Esan Marsters
    Jacob Liddle
    Josh Aloiai
    Josh Reynolds
    Luke Brooks
    Luke Garner
    Mahe Fonua
    Matt Eisenhuth
    Michael Chee Kam
    Moses Mbye
    Oliver Clark
    Paul Momirovski
    Robbie Farah
    Robbie Rochow
    Russell Packer
    Ryan Matterson
    Sam McIntyre
    Thomas Mikaele
    Tyson Gamble
    Wests Tigers 2019 Development Players

Alex Seyfarth
    Jock Madden
    Kane Bradley
    Tommy Talau

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2018/10/10/wests-tigers-provide-update-on-2019-nrl-squad/

2. Clubs must confirm their 24 Man squads by November 1st, so we should have a better understanding of how each club is shaping up closer to that date.

I just wanted to highlight the Tigers Development squad. Madden (Knights), Bradley (Dragons), Talau (Bulldogs) are all U/18 NSW representatives and were among the brightest prospects of the SG Ball competition. I doubt they will play any part in 2019, but it does demonstrate a level of forward thinking that's been absent for quite some at Concord.

The article also revealed the Tigers have signed Zac Cini from the Panthers. Cini will play Jersey Flegg next year before joining the NRL Development Squad in 2020. I saw him play for Penrith in the SG Ball GF and thought he was a real handful out-wide.

3. Carlin Anderson
    John Asiata
    Kurt Baptiste
    Ben Barba
    Scott Bolton
    Javid Bowen
    Jake Clifford
    Gavin Cooper
    Kyle Feldt
    Jake Granville
    Ben Hampton
    Coen Hess
    Corey Jensen
    Nene Macdonald
    Te Maire Martin
    Jodan McLean
    Francis Molo
    Michael Morgan
    Gideon Gela-Mosby
    Tom Opacic
    Matt Scott
    Jason Taumalolo
    Enari Tuala
    Shane Wright

That's presumably their 24.

Big Pete likes this.
  4. Sproj

Sproj

Obviously, it isn't rocket science to say that the big question mark is on their halves and centres but they have a STRONG side still.

1. Barba
    2. Feldt
    3. Opacic
    4. Tuala
    5. MacDonald
    6. Morgan
    7. Clifford
    8. Scott (c)
    9. Granville
    10. McLean
    11. Cooper
    12. Hess
    13. Taumololo

14. Baptiste
    15. Jensen
    16. Bolton
    17. Asiata

5. Lockysillegitimatechild

Lockysillegitimatechild NRL Player

I dont think its a strong side at all. Their depth is terrible and in hindsight should have been factored into last years predicitons. They have finished 8th (fluked their way to a gf which covered up their problems) then 13th & have just lost a future immortal. I see them improving on last year big time because they are better then that, but i dont see them suddenly fullfilling 2017 pre season predictions particularly if they get a fair few injuries (which happens more often then not to most teams throughout a season). I think theyll have a golden run at the start and flatline by the end, finishing 6-10th

6. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

DCE will ask for a release if Henry is appointed to Manly
    Source : Foxsports

7. He can ask all he likes, I doubt it's granted.

Would love to sign DCE though, so I hope they do sign Henry!

8. I'm not so sure DCE would be a good fit at the club.

He seems to rub players the wrong way off the field and has been the cause of some of Manly's problems. He doesn't seem like a team player. He wants it done his way or he just doesn't put in and quite honestly, he hasn't earned the right to be that kind of player that calls the shots.

john1420 likes this.
  9. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Why does DCE hate Henry so much?

10. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Russell is an interesting one he's played for Souths for three years in the ISC, played 20's for the Broncos and I am betting that's a Hannay signing from his Souths' coaching.

He used to play Russell in the forwards but Souths have gone back to playing him in the backs. He's very versatile.

11. Knights have received a blow with Slade Griffin set to be ruled out for the entire 2019 season. He might play at the back end of the season depending how he heals, but the Knights aren't optimistic and expect him to miss the entire season.

Even if he does heal fast enough, he is expected to be playing reserve grade instead of NRL.

12. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

Poor bastard, he really doesn't seem to have much luck injury wise

13. Lowe & O'Neill have both taken up options for 2019 to stay at the Cowboys.

14. I'm surprised the Cowboys only made that official now. That's why I scoffed at @Wolfie@Wolfie's earlier suggestion that they were being shopped around.

I'm sure that was certainly true in the past, but clearly there weren't any takers.

Wolfie likes this.
  15. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Seems not in the NRL, but I still wouldn't rule out a possible move to Super League. Probably just ensuring they have a salary for next year.

16. Logan Bayliss-Brow (Prop), Reuben Cotter, (Hooker) Tom Gilbert (Lock/Prop) & Kurt Wiltshire (Centre/Wing) have joined the Cowboys 2019 NRL squad.

I don't have any sources, but I get the feeling the Cowboys got into a SERIOUS bidding war over Cotter, surely now they're out of the running for Corey Oates?

Bayliss-Brow is a junior rep forward who burst onto the Hasting Deering's scene for the Blackhawks. Still only 19, I can see Bayliss-Brow splitting time between ISC and Hasting Deering's. If he makes the most of his Intrust Super Cup performances, I wouldn't be surprised to see him nab a bench spot at some point, he's clearly rated highly.

Cotter was a stand-out coming through the age levels before injury robbed him from U/18s on. Still only 20 years of age, the Cowboys clearly rate Reuben's mettle and ability to keep plying his trade despite his awful luck with injuries. I'd imagine the Cowboys will employ a 'wait and see' approach but he's the type of player the Cowboys have desperately needed off the bench. A tough competitive player who can fill in for Granville without dragging the team down. If there's one player who deserves better luck in 2019, it's Cotter.

Gilbert was plucked out of Mal Meninga Cup and placed straight into the Hasting Deering's starting side after only two games. While he wasn't able to finish the season, Gilbert announced himself as one of the best prospects in the game with a strong performance in the U/18s. I'd imagine he'll follow a similar pathway as Bayliss-Brow and if he continues to improve at his current rate could even leapfrog Bayliss. Still, it's a big ask since he's a smaller forward and the Cowboys already have Taumalolo and Asiata to fill that loose forward role.

Finally there's Kurt Wiltshire the U/20s Centre who also spent half the season for the Mackay Cutters in the ISC. Wiltshire is a strong carrier who can be a real strike weapon out-wide. Of the four players, Wiltshire is the most likely to play first grade and could be a name worth keeping in mind for Fantasy Players looking for a cheapy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  17. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

The Cowboys' rejuvenation keeps taking place. Wiltshire was terrific this year in a team that lost Cudleigh and Laybutt and struggled.

Strong runner and by the end was contributing for other players too- against Wynnum he set up their first try. He plays on the left too which will help the Cowboys who need outside backs.

Cotter hasn't played in two years so hard to have any form line but clearly they love him. Gilbert was injured too at the end of the year.

Gilbert was a big reason the Blackhawks made the GF. Off-season might be about weight gain for him, he will need to get up there a bit. He went to BGS too so a Brisbane kid.

Exciting times at the Cowboys that they're promoting these guys.

The Cowboys 32-Player Squad

2019 squad:
    Carlin Anderson
    John Asiata
    Kurt Baptiste
    Ben Barba
    Logan Bayliss-Brow
    Scott Bolton
    Javid Bowen
    Jake Clifford
    Gavin Cooper
    Reuben Cotter
    Mitchell Dunn
    Kyle Feldt
    Tom Gilbert
    Jake Granville
    Ben Hampton
    Coen Hess
    Corey Jensen
    Ethan Lowe
    Nene Macdonald
    Te Maire Martin
    Jordan McLean
    Francis Molo
    Michael Morgan
    Gideon Gela-Mosby
    Justin O'Neill
    Tom Opacic
    Emry Pere
    Dan Russell
    Matthew Scott
    Murray Taulagi
    Jason Taumalolo
    Enari Tuala
    Kurt Wiltshire
    Shane Wright

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2018/10/17/updated-2019-cowboys-roster/

I got too ahead of myself, Bayliss-Brow, Cotter, Gilbert and Wiltshire must be development players.