NEWS NRL 2022 is go

Not unrealistic at all, the pandemic phase could potentially be over by then also. Once the statistical reporting moves to ICU admits over cases the media will lose interest. Omnicron could be the best Christams present nature ever dished out to us. An endemic virus that is more contagious, less virulent and has been shown to have cross protection post infection for other strains. It's quite staggering how quickly it has displaced Delta.

The NRL will be a go I believe and doubtful there will be much in the way of impact on games ect going forward. Apart from vaccination being a requirement to enter games for a while at least.
I'm not sure whether it's displaced Delta or simply outpaced it.

I'm not sure whether it's displaced Delta or simply outpaced it.
Outpacing will displace, not enough hosts to go around. Studies are showing antibodies from Omnicron protect from Delta but not the other way round. Omnicron is evolutionary superior, it is so infectious it's almost impossible not to get it and it's 75% less dangerous. The only thing that could potentially derail this is new variant that is more infectious then Omnicron that turns out to be as virulent as Delta and that is very unlikely. Very similar in timeline to the Spanish Flu, started March 1918 had multiple waves, with the last in January through April of 1920 and the pandemic was over by March, the virus had reached an evolutionary state in which it didn't kill it's host (as regularly) anymore. Here is to hope.

Corey Oates:

“If you asked me a while ago I would have been pretty hesitant to keep playing because I wasn’t feeling great, but that’s because I was doing bugger all for myself. Now I feel good and doing the little things is a big difference. Looking after your body is a big thing for me. I’ve learnt a lot the last 12-16 months doing it. I feel good and think I can last a lot longer now. This year means a lot. This is my future this year. I’m off-contract and my performances will be everything.”

“It’s been a tough few years, not only for the team but also myself on the field. I haven’t looked after my body. I’ve sort of just moped around and not dealt with all the change too well. That’s affected my performances a lot. I just went along with it and did the bare minimum."

“I’ve changed a lot in the last six months. At the back end of last year I started doing a lot of extra things for myself and my body. I wish I did it two years ago when things got pretty tough. I’m really happy with where I’m progressing. I feel good again and I’m getting my speed, strength and power. If I can stay healthy and fit, it will be a pretty good year.”

“I did a bit too much training in the break. The old boy came back a bit sore. I’m all good. It’s nothing to worry about. It’s a bit of a back nerve. It’s popped up every now and then but goes away quickly. It’s a big year for me but I’m confident.”

McHunt

Corey Oates:

“If you asked me a while ago I would have been pretty hesitant to keep playing because I wasn’t feeling great, but that’s because I was doing bugger all for myself. Now I feel good and doing the little things is a big difference. Looking after your body is a big thing for me. I’ve learnt a lot the last 12-16 months doing it. I feel good and think I can last a lot longer now. This year means a lot. This is my future this year. I’m off-contract and my performances will be everything.”

“It’s been a tough few years, not only for the team but also myself on the field. I haven’t looked after my body. I’ve sort of just moped around and not dealt with all the change too well. That’s affected my performances a lot. I just went along with it and did the bare minimum."

“I’ve changed a lot in the last six months. At the back end of last year I started doing a lot of extra things for myself and my body. I wish I did it two years ago when things got pretty tough. I’m really happy with where I’m progressing. I feel good again and I’m getting my speed, strength and power. If I can stay healthy and fit, it will be a pretty good year.”

“I did a bit too much training in the break. The old boy came back a bit sore. I’m all good. It’s nothing to worry about. It’s a bit of a back nerve. It’s popped up every now and then but goes away quickly. It’s a big year for me but I’m confident.”

McHunt
So he had a shit mentality for the last 2-3 yrs and his manager said I’ve got no offers... so now he’s decided that he should probably put some effort in.

I’d be watching him really closely this year if I’m a coach to see if he slips back into old habits, but that general lackadaisical attitude he’s just admitted to is a pretty big turn off for me

So he had a shit mentality for the last 2-3 yrs and his manager said I’ve got no offers... so now he’s decided that he should probably put some effort in.

I’d be watching him really closely this year if I’m a coach to see if he slips back into old habits, but that general lackadaisical attitude he’s just admitted to is a pretty big turn off for me

Well to admit it is one step to salvation so I view it positively he’s talking about it

Yep, I won't be as sad to see Corey Oates go as I once was. He definitely owes the Broncos some good performances.

Well to admit it is one step to salvation so I view it positively he’s talking about it
Yeah but that’s why I’m saying I would be watching him very closely.

Is he doing it only because he’s off contract and getting no offers or has he genuinely turned a corner on his professional career... but also why has it taken him this long to realise that maybe he needs to keep himself in shape

Personally I'd be telling him he's not getting a contract unless he has an incredible year and even then, 1 year at a time at 250k

Yeah but that’s why I’m saying I would be watching him very closely.

Is he doing it only because he’s off contract and getting no offers or has he genuinely turned a corner on his professional career... but also why has it taken him this long to realise that maybe he needs to keep himself in shape
Can happen I guess when you get stale, have poor role models around, have a change in life at home and there's no mentors with positive feedback loops around to drive you.

It seems the coach and staff have really made that a priority this year. There's a few guys who are saying similar things.

Backing Walters for dally M coach of the year now

What on earth does this mean?
ScreenScreenshot 2022 01 09 at 07 05 33 Urban Dictionary old boy

With Covid halving training numbers - including glamorous superstar hooker Jake Turpin - Corey Paix is getting his overdue tilt at the number 9:

“It definitely is tougher. It makes the games we play a lot tougher. There’s not too many here in the key positions but that’s good. It’s good for myself and my fitness. I’m getting a lot more reps in that No.9 jersey. That’s the long term goal for me. It would be great to get it this year."

“I was out a bit last year for certain reasons but for me right now, it’s about getting into the team and staying in the team and help get the Broncos back on top of the ladder. I’m pretty new at nine, it’s only my second year at it but I found that love for footy in a way, not that it was ever lost. I’m just certainly enjoying my time right now.”

“Reynolds is a general and you can see why he’s the player that he is. It’s no different out on the paddock. For me, he’s just touching on that deception side of things — getting shows, when to run, that sort of thing. It’s a clear mindset going into training when you know you’ve got him by your side.”

McHunt

“I did a bit too much training in the break. The old boy came back a bit sore"
At least Corey's been working on his hand strength.
Can happen I guess when you get stale, have poor role models around, have a change in life at home and there's no mentors with positive feedback loops around to drive you.

It seems the coach and staff have really made that a priority this year. There's a few guys who are saying similar things.

Backing Walters for dally M coach of the year now
100%. It's easy to forget just how much damage White and Pies did to the culture. Between Ikin, DD and Kevvie I'm expecting Oates to really respond positively and get back to being a world-beater, culminating in a hatty when we whip the Storm 41-0 in the 2022 GF (with the 1 point being a 79th minute field goal from Arey just to rub their noses in it.)

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.