CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 9 Discussion

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
4619.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Worried2Death - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 5, 2016
REACTIONS: 9,595
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
Jerome Hughes - 2022 - 6 tries; 6 try assists in 8 games đź’Ş

The form halfback in the competition (yes, better than Cleary in my kiwi humble opinion!)
Credit where it's due, the Warriors have helped Jerome's development into a game-winning half for the Kiwis immeasurably

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,775
Credit where it's due, the Warriors have helped Jerome's development into a game-winning half for the Kiwis immeasurably
Development wasn’t the question… it’s who should be the Warriors next kiwi half!

He was one we chased that got away - but we can still dream…

Smash em bro

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 2,881
Development wasn’t the question… it’s who should be the Warriors next kiwi half!

He was one we chased that got away - but we can still dream…
We are going backwards, All our new signings are not known for their defence, They are Walsh quality at best and that isn't saying much. Aitken is the type of player we need and we are losing him next year that will leave a huge hole in our defence, CHT, Tevaga, Egan and Harris are the only NRL standard defenders we have left, I think next year is going to be worse than this year.

4461.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Mr Dragon - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .July 25, 2015
REACTIONS: 2,881

We are going backwards, All our new signings are not known for their defence, They are Walsh quality at best and that isn't saying much. Aitken is the type of player we need and we are losing him next year that will leave a huge hole in our defence, CHT, Tevaga, Egan and Harris are the only NRL standard defenders we have left, I think next year is going to be worse than this year.

How have you rated Walsh so far as a signing? I don't watch too many Warriors games so interested to hear what some Warriors fans thinks of him.

4775.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wizards rage - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 18, 2016
REACTIONS: 17,776
2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008

How have you rated Walsh so far as a signing? I don't watch too many Warriors games so interested to hear what some Warriors fans thinks of him.
His first 5 games last year were blistering. Played without fear, caught our unprepared defences and made a statement. Defence was non existent but he scored twice as many as he let through.

This year he has bulked up and taken the higher risk play out of his game, playing more percentage plays. With the opposition scrutinising his game he has been much less effective. With the extra bulk he’s a fraction slower. Defence wise though he’s a lot better. 0 try’s and 3 try assists in 7 games this year, is well down on his 9 try’s/ 11 try assists in 16 games last year. His defence while better is still way below premium fullback due to his small size. Second year syndrome?

Hopefully he’s gone backwards to go forwards and the changes to his game will make him a better player in the long term. But without the high risk cutout ball and defence hanging off him and having appeared to have lost that split second of pace that’s the difference between a gap or not, he’s just another kid with potential.

I personally still see him as a 6 rather than a 1. I also think he exploded on the scene with individual brilliance but needs a structure to help create make the defence hold back and make holes for him… something the Warriors aren’t providing at the moment.

Smash em bro

4461.jpg
REACTIONS: 2,882
2021.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Kimlo - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 25, 2008

Really brought speed and hunger we were missing in offence, the defence has been his crutch, If we were a good team he would of started on the wing and worked his way to fullback when his defence was up to scratch, It's who we are as a team, not the most pro team in the league!

If we were a good team he would of started on the wing and worked his way to fullback

I think if you had wanted to do that he probably would have stayed with us. He was only going to leave for more money and a promise of an NRL spine position which he got obviously.

This is just the reality now, kids don’t want to wait around in reserve ground / non-preferred position if another club promises them NRL action. You guys did and while I don’t watch many Non-Broncos games anymore, what I have seen is that you guys gambled with him and have had a pretty decent pay off.

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009
Wondering how confident Broncos fans are vs Manly?
I see Manly are slight favourites in betting but the game looks pretty close from most angles.
I expect Manly to have a pretty strong win, mainly because we've been geting some players back in the last wek or 2 and feel a bit of momentum building.
Broncos have impressed with their recent form, but at this stage of their resurrection can they put on 4 wins in a row?
Key inclusions for Manly are Davey and Olakau'atu, and Turbo should be better after his test drive last week.
Should be one of the best games of the round.

Link - http://silvertails.net/tipping-competition/

4461.jpg
REACTIONS: 2,883
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

I think if you had wanted to do that he probably would have stayed with us. He was only going to leave for more money and a promise of an NRL spine position which he got obviously.

This is just the reality now, kids don’t want to wait around in reserve ground / non-preferred position if another club promises them NRL action. You guys did and while I don’t watch many Non-Broncos games anymore, what I have seen is that you guys gambled with him and have had a pretty decent pay off.

We never used him properly, sad that another team will get the best out of him because we have no coach's, just getting sick of every year it's the same with us, no elite culture in league in this country, always been lets see if the other team has a bad game and we might win 🤣

801.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]SeaEagleRock8 - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 7, 2009

I see Manly are slight favourites in betting but the game looks pretty close from most angles.
I expect Manly to have a pretty strong win, mainly because we've been geting some players back in the last wek or 2 and feel a bit of momentum building.
Broncos have impressed with their recent form, but at this stage of their resurrection can they put on 4 wins in a row?
Key inclusions for Manly are Davey and Olakau'atu, and Turbo should be better after his test drive last week.

Hopefully the weather conditions hinder turbo slightly.

But if we can get good ball out wide against Christian Tuipulotu & Ben Trbojevic, our edge could have a field day

801.jpg

I think the game could be tight and hopefully the ref will allow it to flow... although it is Atkin and he loves the sound of his own whistle.

I think Broncos have an advantage in the middle forwards and on paper this looks to be our strongest lineup to date.

Turbo looked a little slower last week in his first game back... but it all may come down to how well our edges defend him.

Dwalk may cause some trouble to us through the middle as well... but might he be coming back early.

I do wonder if Manly might be bringing a few players back a bit earlier than expected, but havent been following the injury carnage all that closely.

It looks to be wet weather footy coming up so whoever plays to the conditions correctly could win it, and both DCE and Reyno come into the game in form and with fantastic kicking games.

It looks close on paper, but Turbo might be the difference.

For me I just hope to see the boys turn up and be ready to grind out the game for the full 80... which is something that we havent been able to rely on for a few years now.

801.jpg
I do wonder if Manly might be bringing a few players back a bit earlier than expected, but havent been following the injury carnage all that closely.
I don't know about too early, I heard Manly has a contract with some big Bandage company and part of the deal is that at least 3 players need to wear bandaging each week.

One concern for Manly is if Staggs gets much space he will make life hard for young Ben Trbojevic, who got beaten a couple of times by Campbell Graham vs Souths. That will be partly up to Reynolds, I reckon he'll need another MOM performance if Broncos are to win.

Nothing brings out the best in footy players than a good splash in the puddles.

Please, please anyone on here that speak directly to the team, please tell Oates and Cobbo to stay well away from the wing when they have the ball and to use the wing as their friend when they don't have it. A tackle and a push from 10 metres in can end up taking both players another 3 metres out in the wet.

And if Haas or Patty launch themselves at the line their size will see them cross for a try. Should be a fun game tomorrow.

If we do a head to head (and obviously there will likely be some late changes to all of this but):

1. Turbo (by a LONG, looooooooooooooooooooong way) (Sea Eagles)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Staggs (by a fair way) (Broncos)
4. Farnworth (Broncos)
5. Garrick (Cobbo is a gun in the making but Garrick is so underrated and experienced)(Sea Eagles)
6. Foran (Sea Eagles)
7. DCE/Reynolds (Look, I can't split them on current form, could certainly argue DCE based on rep jerseys but there is nothing in it here)
8. Aloiai (Sea Eagles)
9. No one (look, both options are pretty sad)
10. Haas (by a long way normally BUT he is playing injured) (Broncos)
11. Olakau'atu (I'm going to cheat and put him up against Riki) (Sea Eagles)
12. Capewell (I'm putting up against Bullemor) (Broncos)
13. Jurbo/Carrigan (This is controversial as Jurbo has the rep jerseys, etc but man, Carrigan has been amazing when on the field this season, playing himself into a Qld jumper)

14. Paix (purely because I don't like Walker and he's coming back from an injury) (Broncos)
15. Taupau (Sea Eagles)
16. Flegler (Broncos)
17. Hetherington (Broncos)

So (and of course I am biased), I have it SLIGHTLY in favour of the Broncs but Turbo is a massive point of difference and if Shuster comes in, it makes more like 7-7 with the tied players. TMM has been going ok but Turbo is probably the best player in the comp, so the difference is stark. I think Manly have it in the spine as DCE really cancels out our trump in Reynolds. Foran is way more classy than Gamble but Gamble just has this knack for getting under opposition skin and making his own players walk taller.

I like Brisbane's forwards more, we have a scary pack but they might be nullified with the wet conditions and if it is wet, our backline will struggle to hold the ball as they struggle with that even when it is dry. Manly's backline is far safer and more experienced and have the trump card of Turbo.

Basically, if they play to the form guide, this should be a cracking game. Just a shame that at present, The Pug isn't playing, I would have loved to see either of Staggs or Farnworth do another Talakai to him.

801.jpg
8423.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Sproj - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .September 5, 2013

If we do a head to head (and obviously there will likely be some late changes to all of this but):

1. Turbo (by a LONG, looooooooooooooooooooong way) (Sea Eagles)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Staggs (by a fair way) (Broncos)
4. Farnworth (Broncos)
5. Garrick (Cobbo is a gun in the making but Garrick is so underrated and experienced)(Sea Eagles)
6. Foran (Sea Eagles)
7. DCE/Reynolds (Look, I can't split them on current form, could certainly argue DCE based on rep jerseys but there is nothing in it here)
8. Aloiai (Sea Eagles)
9. No one (look, both options are pretty sad)
10. Haas (by a long way normally BUT he is playing injured) (Broncos)
11. Olakau'atu (I'm going to cheat and put him up against Riki) (Sea Eagles)
12. Capewell (I'm putting up against Bullemor) (Broncos)
13. Jurbo/Carrigan (This is controversial as Jurbo has the rep jerseys, etc but man, Carrigan has been amazing when on the field this season, playing himself into a Qld jumper)

14. Paix (purely because I don't like Walker and he's coming back from an injury) (Broncos)
15. Taupau (Sea Eagles)
16. Flegler (Broncos)
17. Hetherington (Broncos)

So (and of course I am biased), I have it SLIGHTLY in favour of the Broncs but Turbo is a massive point of difference and if Shuster comes in, it makes more like 7-7 with the tied players. TMM has been going ok but Turbo is probably the best player in the comp, so the difference is stark. I think Manly have it in the spine as DCE really cancels out our trump in Reynolds. Foran is way more classy than Gamble but Gamble just has this knack for getting under opposition skin and making his own players walk taller.

I like Brisbane's forwards more, we have a scary pack but they might be nullified with the wet conditions and if it is wet, our backline will struggle to hold the ball as they struggle with that even when it is dry. Manly's backline is far safer and more experienced and have the trump card of Turbo.

Basically, if they play to the form guide, this should be a cracking game. Just a shame that at present, The Pug isn't playing, I would have loved to see either of Staggs or Farnworth do another Talakai to him.

If games went according to the head to head match-ups Broncos would have won a lot more games in recent years!
Because you've had plenty of good talent, just lacking in organisation mostly.
Reynolds is a good start in repairing that fault, might not be quite enough this week but I do expect a close game.

801.jpg

I don't know about too early, I heard Manly has a contract with some big Bandage company and part of the deal is that at least 3 players need to wear bandaging each week.

One concern for Manly is if Staggs gets much space he will make life hard for young Ben Trbojevic, who got beaten a couple of times by Campbell Graham vs Souths. That will be partly up to Reynolds, I reckon he'll need another MOM performance if Broncos are to win.

Far out, the Big Bandage company would have seriously considered pulling out their sponsorship when Matai retired.

801.jpg
8215.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Morkel - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .January 25, 2013

Far out, the Big Bandage company would have seriously considered pulling out their sponsorship when Matai retired.

memberawards2017-contriv-morkel-png.2044

Signature_Morkel.png
Bwahahaha!

Active Now

• Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
  • westy316
  • Xzei
  • Matheos
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.