NRL 2022 Trials Week 2

It was weird.
There is a big difference between incidental contact and headhunting.
TPJ was looking for trouble both times, and both times was insanely lucky he didn't make contact.
First incident he just missed elbowing the back of the guys head, and the second incident, the one that saw him binned, he threw at least 2 - 3 punches, and all of them missed.

He has to know he will get long stints on the sideline for any fuckups, yet he go's out there looking for them.

If i was coaching a team playing the bulldogs, i would be telling my boys to rile him up all game, and sledge the shit out of him, because he will inevitably crack the shits and get himself into trouble.
He’s going to legitimately implode down there.

Amazing isn't it.. The Storm has Harry Grant & Brandon Smith but still goes out and unearths a gem in Wishart, just in case. This is the sort of thing the Broncos used to do in our early years.

He signed in July last year from the Dragons Cup side. I thought he's done well these trials. He was supposed to play for the Falcons a few weeks ago but got pulled at the last minute. I think he will be good for the Falcons.

Dragons seem to float him around a bit half, hooker and six. Be interesting what Storm/Falcons do with him.

You'd hope that maybe he can replace Baptiste and play 9. His kicking game is strong ad his defence is great. He seems a 9 to me.

Classic Storm, could have three 9's in 12 months. This would already be on their radar if they lose Smith.

It will be funny to see the suspension he gets... bulldogs aren't an nrl favourite, but they also aren't the broncos. If he was at the broncos it would be EASY 4-6 weeks. If he qas at the Roosters, probably fine or "not picked up". At bulldogs I'm guessing a week...
Whichever commentator was on was already trying to downplay his elbow to the back of Katoa's head as "going within a fraction of being suspended"...

ie. "Barrett your fuckwit recruit just tried to elbow a bloke in the back of the head and although our cameras picked up that he grazed him we're going to pretend that he "missed him"... but pull the moron in line because he has about 80% loading after we thought he'd be at the broncos for longer"

He has Gould backing him up, his suspension's are automatically 1 grade lower now.

Just saw the incident, TPJ is an absolute smooth brain.

It was weird.
There is a big difference between incidental contact and headhunting.
TPJ was looking for trouble both times, and both times was insanely lucky he didn't make contact.
First incident he just missed elbowing the back of the guys head, and the second incident, the one that saw him binned, he threw at least 2 - 3 punches, and all of them missed.

He has to know he will get long stints on the sideline for any fuckups, yet he go's out there looking for them.

If i was coaching a team playing the bulldogs, i would be telling my boys to rile him up all game, and sledge the shit out of him, because he will inevitably crack the shits and get himself into trouble.
Yep... TPJ and Cody Walker have already cracked and it's only been trial games.

Funny thing is dogs are paying TPJ a fortune... so to justify that they will play him 80mins on an edge... we as broncos fans already know that he's a liability on the edge.

Sure he brings amazing attacking game, but his stamina is garbage and he comes up with numerous lazy efforts out there... teams are already exploiting that dogs edge and it's only fucking trials (i.e. they didn't know which side he'd be playing on nor did they really care, their teams just naturally went his way to exploit that side of the field).

Now TPJ has shown that he's got zero between the ears and is happy to be ultra aggressive thinking he is somehow immune to suspensions.

Dogs could be in for a long year if they keep him on an edge

I still think the Tigers will be the spooners but **** me the Bulldogs are begging to give them a run for it. Barrett is a certified spud. If Gould hated Griffin's guts, I can't imagine he will have much patience for this idiot.

TPJ will be lucky to play 2 good games for the Dogs all year. The rest he will either be a passenger or suspended for some stupid crap.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ell.d33
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Allo
  • ezpz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Alec
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.