NEWS NRL admits three wrong calls cost Parramatta in loss to Broncos

giphy.gif

Am I living in an alternative universe or something? Did a completly different game unfold on Friday night than the one I watched? The refs were shocking but the Broncos copped the brunt of the shit calls.

Last edited:
"Brad Arthur admits 36 missed tackles cost Parramatta in loss to Broncos"

A more accurate headline.

Isn't Annesley effectively Sutton's boss... yet he's out there sprouting the opposite of what he just said.

Also for anyone not wanting to be more infuriated, best to refrain yourself from watching NRL360 tonight, because I'm pretty sure Crawley is on and will no doubt bring this up again with very little rebuttal from Kent and Ikin

I have to say I agree Boyd obstructed Gutherson but Gutho was never stopping that field goal. The catch cry of every commentator including Crawley is about the refs having game sense and not nitpicking discretionary penalties to which he devoted nearly his entire segment last week on 360. Fucking hypocrite.
Also no mention of the blatant double movement from Evans. momentum stopped, elbow of the arm carrying the ball clearly on the ground and he promotes the ball over the line.

TACKLE AND PLAY THE BALL A player in possession is tackled: Grounded a. ‘when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground.’

Double Movement A try will be awarded if: ‘a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds the ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’. Section 6 (3) (c) In the process of scoring a try a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position the ball has been grounded.
If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball.

360 last night all wanted no Sydney side to be relocated, instead suggesting the Titans should be. They openly said Brisbane needs an extra club to dilute the Broncos base because we get too much advantage.
Ikin said the Broncos shouldn't get as big a grant as the struggling clubs like Manly
while at the same time all 3 were critical of Brisbane performance in not winning a premiership since 2006.
Have they not heard of the fucking salary cap. It doesn't matter how much the club makes if we can't spend any more than the other useless ***** getting propped up.
This game is heading back so fast to the bad old days when absolutely everything was Sydney and we should be grateful they let us play in their comp.

Last edited:
That’s bull shit, nothing cost Parramatta anything. They lost in golden point so there are no excuses. Fiffita opened them up like a can of tuna that’s what cost them.

I don't. That Bankwest stadium is the second best RL ground in Australia, it's like a smaller version of Suncorp where the crowd is right on top of you. Playing in front of 30000 eels fans there would be pretty intimidating, I'd rather go to Brookvale.

We will be playing at Bankwest either way I believe. Manly don't get a home final at Brookvale, it's not on the list of approved stadiums.

This is all the evidence I need to know that the NRL is against us. The fact they didn't mention the knock on calls and the sin binning goes to show we are the hunted. Get ready guys, it starts again. Us against the world.

We will be playing at Bankwest either way I believe. Manly don't get a home final at Brookvale, it's not on the list of approved stadiums.
It is this year because the sfs is out of action.

I’m surprised they were able to pin point three mistakes from the game.

I’m surprised they were able to pin point three mistakes from the game.
They forgot the knockon where we got the feed, when that guy was going for the clearing kick.

That was the correct call though. Gutherson dropped the ball forward into Fifita's hand.
Exactly can't believe the commentary team didn't realise it was just a knock on. He drops it forward for a kick and it contacts Fifi... pretty fucking easy to comprehend.

FFS ! What shit ! The Boyd blocker, Gutherson was NEVER EVER going to get anywhere near Isaako. The run by Fifita...really ? No player was impeded and there was a wall of three defenders when Fifita straightened up to run at them! Not a penalty anytime.

The sideline official, on the alleged forward pass, where's the support for him? He was perfectly positioned and had no doubt, called it instantly.

Whiney whingy *****.
Should of seen them at the game !
One guy as he was leaving said "at least we're in the top 8" and I was like............ See you in two weeks?

Active Now

• Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.