Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
NRL All-Stars
Indigenous All-Stars vs. Maori-All-Stars
Cbus Superstadium, Saturday, 22 February 2020
Kick Off: 7:10pm

Indigenous Squad

Josh Addo-Carr, Josh Curran, Adam Elliott, Blake Ferguson, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Wade Graham, Ryan James, Alex Johnston, Josh Kerr, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Nathan Peats, Jesse Ramien, James Roberts, Tyrone Roberts, Joel Thompson, Cody Walker, Connor Watson, Jack Wighton

Maori Squad
Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenny Bromwich, Corey Harawira-Naera, Jahrome Hughes, Issac Luke, Esan Marsters, Briton Nikora, Kodi Nikorima, Kalyn Ponga, Kevin Proctor, Bailey Simonsson, Brandon Smith, Brad Takairangi, James Tamou, Zane Tetevano, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

Last edited:
Likely Teams

Indigenous
1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Blake Ferguson 3. James Roberts 4. Jack Wighton 5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Andrew Fifita 9. Nathan Peats 10. Ryan James 11. Wade Graham 12. David Fifita 13. Adam Elliott

14. Josh Kerr 15. Tyrone Peachey 16. Joel Thompson 17. Josh Curran 18. Alex Johnston 19. Jesse Ramien 20. Connor Watson

Maori
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Dylan Walker 4. Esan Marsters 5. Bailey Simonsson
6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. James Tamou 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Adam Blair

14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 15. Corey Harawira-Naera 16. Issac Luke 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Brad Takairangi 19. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 20. Briton Nikora

Women's All-Stars
Indigenous All-Stars vs. Maori-All-Stars
Cbus Superstadium, Saturday, 22 February 2020
Kick Off: 4:10pm

Indigenous Women All-Stars
Jasmine Allende, Shaylee Bent, Nakia Davis-Welsh, Quincy Dodd, Layla Fauid, Tallisha Harden, Jenni-Sue Hoepper, Caitlan Johnston, Bobbi Law, Tanika Marshall, Steph Mooka, Kelsey Parkin, Kaitlyn Phillips, Shaniah Power, Rhiannon Revell-Blair, Simone Smith, Shakiah Tungai, Rebecca Young.

Maori Women All-Stars
Harata Butler, Sarina Clark, Tanika-Jazz Noble-Bell, Laishon Jones, Amber Kani, Kerehitina Matua, Raecene McGregor, Corban McGregor, Capri Paekau, Krystal Rota, Christyl Stowers, Kiana Takairangi, Jonsal Tautari, Botille Vette-Welsh, Maddison Weatherall, Geneva Webber, Kathleen Wharton, Kat Wira-Kohu.

Likely Teams

Indigenous
1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Blake Ferguson 3. James Roberts 4. Jack Wighton 5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cody Walker 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Andrew Fifita 9. Nathan Peats 10. Ryan James 11. Wade Graham 12. David Fifita 13. Adam Elliott

14. Josh Kerr 15. Tyrone Peachey 16. Joel Thompson 17. Josh Curran 18. Alex Johnston 19. Jesse Ramien 20. Connor Watson

Maori
1. Kalyn Ponga 2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 3. Dylan Walker 4. Esan Marsters 5. Bailey Simonsson
6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Brandon Smith 10. James Tamou 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Kenny Bromwich 13. Adam Blair

14. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 15. Corey Harawira-Naera 16. Issac Luke 17. Zane Tetevano 18. Brad Takairangi 19. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 20. Briton Nikora

On paper the indigenous team should have this.

It ended up being a good win to the Maori All-Stars, Brandon Smith at dummy half was looking as strong as ever.

He isn't exactly being wasted at Melbourne, but after watching Josh Cook for Souths and Brandon Smith tonight it's crazy how some teams hoard this talent that could really transform a few teams in the competition. B. Smith would go close to being the best hooker in the competition, instead he has to settle as a niche player. One of the best niche players mind, but still, he's not exactly the celebrity he should be.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the match, genuine efforts but also a license to throw it around and try things much to the crowd's delight. If Holbrook can get the Gold Coast to play a similar style, we could see a similar atmosphere around the stadium.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again, we should throw an open cheque book at B.Smith. He's a star.

I said it a year ago and I'll say it again, we should throw an open cheque book at B.Smith. He's a star.

He is, but i think Grant is actually better. B.Smith in someways is a bit like Turpin in regards to how they punch well about their weight and throw everything they have into tackles. They will both have to tweak their style of play to still be effective as their careers develop.

He is, but i think Grant is actually better. B.Smith in someways is a bit like Turpin in regards to how they punch well about their weight and throw everything they have into tackles. They will both have to tweak their style of play to still be effective as their careers develop.
And Melbourne have them both locked up for 3 years. Their recruitment team are pretty damn good.

If Smith plays next year, Grant is allowed to leave i believe.
Amazes me they can have two of the games best hookers happy to not be playing their position when every other team would be willing to give those two guys better money

Amazes me they can have two of the games best hookers happy to not be playing their position when every other team would be willing to give those two guys better money

They did it for years with Hinchliffe. The storm must hold a gun to their head and make them re-sign all the time

They did it for years with Hinchliffe. The storm must hold a gun to their head and make them re-sign all the time

a second set of books helps 😛

Last edited:
These days, they're not stupid enough to have a second set of books. Thankfully the NRL hasn't noticed the tab for the second Sheet on their Salary Cap Excel document.

NRL: What’s Excel?

NRL: What’s Excel?

Giphy

Active Now

• Dash
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.