NRL contract news: Alex Glenn receives new offer from Brisbane Broncos

It'll be co-captain with Boyd, Boyd plays centre, 1 injury to Milford/Dearden from moving back to the halves.

Shows what state we are in when our potential caprain wasn't even assured of a contract .

I don't think that was the case. I think it was he wasn't assured of getting the contract he wanted. The Broncos at the time said they probably could only afford to give him a one year deal at a reduced price.

Dumb guy Mike Coleman posted another article. This time saying that Alex Glenn should be captain. Also said he lead them to an NYC grand final win which didn't happen. **** he's useless.

Dumb guy Mike Coleman posted another article. This time saying that Alex Glenn should be captain. Also said he lead them to an NYC grand final win which didn't happen. **** he's useless.

He was captain in 2008 for the NYC final wasn't he?

In an weird turn of events, once Fensom came here we actually had both Captains from that NYC Grand Final play for us.

They are a fucking disgrace the Rorters. It stinks to high heaven and everyone knows it. How they field that team under the cap and have one of the lowest TPA counts in the league is suspect to say the least. Not many teams can finish spoon worthy one year and turn over the next year and win a comp the way they did.
They have won two comps in a row. I understand the prizemoney from the comps can be distributed to the players on top of the cap. I think we did that in 2006. Still doesn't explain how they keep the players under the cap.

They have won two comps in a row. I understand the prizemoney from the comps can be distributed to the players on top of the cap. I think we did that in 2006. Still doesn't explain how they keep the players under the cap.

I'm pretty sure any finals bonus must be paid under the cap too. Years back a few clubs went over the cap because of bonus payments I'm pretty sure. You can bet your ass the Roosters did and the NRL didn't give a ****.

I'm pretty sure any finals bonus must be paid under the cap too. Years back a few clubs went over the cap because of bonus payments I'm pretty sure. You can bet your ass the Roosters did and the NRL didn't give a ****.
Not bonuses. The actual prize money the clubs get for minor premiership and premiership. I am pretty sure they can distribute this cash to the players without it affecting the cap.
[automerge]1574213794[/automerge]
From the NRL page on Salary Cap.

Is any remuneration excluded?
In addition to allowances, the following benefits to players are excluded:

• Tertiary education (TAFE and university).
  • Approved Traineeships.
  • Medical insurance costs.
  • Reasonable Relocation and temporary accommodation costs.
  • Payments from representative games and events such as All Stars.
  • Prize money

Last edited:
Not bonuses. The actual prize money the clubs get for minor premiership and premiership. I am pretty sure they can distribute this cash to the players without it affecting the cap.
[automerge]1574213794[/automerge]
From the NRL page on Salary Cap.

Is any remuneration excluded?
In addition to allowances, the following benefits to players are excluded:

• Tertiary education (TAFE and university).
  • Approved Traineeships.
  • Medical insurance costs.
  • Reasonable Relocation and temporary accommodation costs.
  • Payments from representative games and events such as All Stars.
  • Prize money
Prize money hey? Sounds like we should be starting weekly bingo at training!

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • marw
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Aldo
  • TimWhatley
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • kman
  • Nerd
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
... and 51 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.