NRL - Finals Week 2

I can't agree pete. That was as soft a binning as I've seen in years.
Imo he was trying to chase the play.
You could find multiple bin offenses every game if that is the standard

It's a black and white interpretation, you cannot unnecessarily impede a player not in possession. If they had have been jostling with their shoulders that would be one thing, but what we saw was Trbojevic grab a hold of Gagai which is a clear violation.

I can't think of any instance as blatant as that and even so, two wrongs don't make a right. They got it right in that instance.

How could anyone possibly think Trbojevic's binning wasn't the right call?

You cannot grab a player without the ball. Period. That's always been 10 in the bin.

It's a black and white interpretation, you cannot unnecessarily impede a player not in possession. If they had have been jostling with their shoulders that would be one thing, but what we saw was Trbojevic grab a hold of Gagai which is a clear violation.

I can't think of any instance as blatant as that and even so, two wrongs don't make a right. They got it right in that instance.
Agree with 2 wrongs don't make a right. My issue is with how things have been reffed all year but they get to a knockout final and now they want to go hard.
Manly Imo can feel hard done by.

Well, it looks as though WB has the honours over Seibs this season but next year, the old fucker is going down!!

How could anyone possibly think Trbojevic's binning wasn't the right call?

You cannot grab a player without the ball. Period. That's always been 10 in the bin.

He plays in the same team as the Queensland captain.

I shared the initial outrage until I saw the replay. What hurts is that it bailed South Sydney out. Would they get the call if they had have scored? No. Would they have got the call if they were tackled a metre out and been odds onto score the next play? Most likely not. The fact they muffed it has left some fans upset.

How could anyone think Trbojevic's binning wasn't the right call?

You cannot grab a player without the ball. That's always been 10 in the bin.

I think that's the issue though. It isn't always.
it's moot now

Last edited:
Agree with 2 wrongs don't make a right. My issue is with how things have been reffed all year but they get to a knockout final and now they want to go hard.
Manly Imo can feel hard done by.

Alternatively, if Brisbane were in Souths place you would be hunky dory with the non-call?

You'd be a better man than me. I was leaning towards Manly because of the Queensland captain, but as soon as I saw the replay I knew he was gone.

I think that's the issue though. It isn't always.
it's moot now

I'm struggling to think of an instance where a defender has grabbed a support player in a try-scoring situation, that support player has been taken out of the play as a result, and there hasn't been a sin binning.

Alternatively, if Brisbane were in Souths place you would be hunky dory with the non-call?

You'd be a better man than me. I was leaning towards Manly because of the Queensland captain, but as soon as I saw the replay I knew he was gone.
Honky dory to the point I would take it but think we were lucky.
I honestly think he only had eyes to chasing the ball.

Honky dory to the point I would take it but think we were lucky.
I honestly think he only had eyes to chasing the ball.

Then why the need to grab onto the player Dex?

C'mon they're not all dummies.

Then why the need to grab onto the player Dex?

C'mon they're not all dummies.
I only watched on 9 so haven't been able to replay it as yet. The replays I watched on 9 I agreed with the commentators. Penalty but not bin .

0:48

If it was a penalty then it had to be a bin since it was a try scoring situation.

Des will probably regret that in the end. It's a pretty open/shut case for mine, Jake grabbed a fistful of Gagai's jersey without the ball. That is just a stupid thing to do.

Jake does grab him but with not enough force to floor him. It's Gagai's legs that get clipped by Jake's knee that does the damage. This looks to be purely unintentional and that is why it is understandable that he feels so hard done by. But, jostling is restricted to shouldering each other you cannot use your hands. So by the rule of law Jake stuffed up and killed any chance his team has of winning. We need to support the refs on this occasion .

Ch 9's Fatty and Johns both have affiliations with Manly. For them to cry outrage when the refs are just doing their job is what shits me. The simple truth is if players don't slap players or grab their shirt then the ref has no reason to take action. Sort out your discipline Manly if you want to be serious contenders.

Last edited:
For all the whining manly are doing about the sin bin, they had some dodgy calls go their way. Gosiewski should have been binned for his grub acts, and his try was a 50/50 call that went in their favour. I also think the Roberts incident was a penalty try. He got to the ball after being dropped, with no trip he would more than likely have taken that ball and scored.

At the end of the day it’s these types of inconsistent penalties/sin binnings through out the whole NRL is what drives us fans mad. You can’t decide one week is all okay and the next (after NSWRL outcry) suddenly slap players with sin bins/weeks off from playing.

If this continues I rather watch the Bachelor or The Block - it’s less scripted reality TV!!!

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.