NRL General Discussion Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm making this thread so we can have some more general NRL discussion that doesn't really deserve its own thread.

First question - Are we going to be have a Thursday night game every week from now on? I don't remember what the specifics of the TV deal but that means there's only 2 days per week with no RL?

Last edited by a moderator:
only have thursday games for rounds 1-4 according to NRL.com.

Thanks, that's good. Thursday night games are pretty sucky, I'd rather a daytime Saturday game.

i love football, but i HATE having it go from Thursday-Monday night. i hate having monday footy as well. Fri/Sat/Sun is all it should be IMO.

I don't MIND Monday football but I wouldn't care if it was ditched. I think Thursday football is stupid a Thursday-Monday footy week is just too long. Thursday is OK for the odd special occasion but even 4 weeks in a row to start the season is too much but I believe they're just testing the ratings to see if it's worth doing long term Versus 2 Friday night games.

I'm a fan of monday night football it gives me something to look forward to on a sucky nothing happening day. Don't mind the Thursday night game it means for a longer footy week. Sucks we get denied a live feed because 9 decide to show the fucking block instead.

Thursday Night Footy sucks if only because it isn't live into Queensland.

That aspect is a joke.

I'd be fine with Thursday night footy if it was live and they made Sunday live as well.

Thursday - Live on Nine
Friday - Live on Nine
Saturday - Live on Foxsports
Sunday - Live on Nine and Foxsports
Monday - Live on Foxsports

I personally don't care how often it's on just as long as it's live everytime.

i just hate having to wait 3/4 of the week for all the results.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday should be it.

I like it......

can't believe some of you complaining about too much RL.

Thurs-Mon.....footy on every night/day. It's great !!!

I like it......

can't believe some of you complaining about too much RL.

Thurs-Mon.....footy on every night/day. It's great !!!
its the same amount of footy but spread out over a longer period. id rather have 2 games on friday than 1 on thursday and 1 on friday.

ive got stuff to do, dont like having to have 5 nights aside if i want to watch all the footy.

Last edited:
Did anyone catch NRL 360 last night? Thoughts if you did.

I quite enjoyed it, I've never been a big wrap on Ikin or Paul Kent but I enjoyed the direct nature of the show, no pussy footing around, I hope it stays that way.

Problem with Friday night games is people like myself and others who live in NSW can't watch the Broncos live.

Man the warriors are puss, seriously puss

Disappointed with the Cows tonight, Melb far too good. Real shame to see Slaters grubby side again tonight with that late hit over the top on Winterstein, he has a bit of that in him from time to time.

Thanks Craig for bringing the crusher tackle to our game, I hope they rub that guy out for a month.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...nts-blues-jersey/story-e6frexv9-1226605767426
Idris knows he is not out of the Blues' thoughts.He was one of three Titans invited to the NSW emerging Origin squad camp in January and knows consistent form is the best audition he can make.
"(Origin) is definitely a goal this year. That will happen, I guess, if I keep playing good footy."

Yeah I don't know. Never been a fan of Idris, I think he's overrated because he's tall and has dreadlocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • achievedrap
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • broncoscope
  • lynx000
  • Lazza
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.