NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tedesco is the better player of the bunch.

My money would be on Cleary personally. Unless they can get Toovey back from the SL, he'd turn that rabble into something IMO.

Cleary is the stand-out candidate, he could do a heck of a lot with the squad they have assembled.

That just shows some problems at board level IMO. 3 games in and something has changed since last year.
They either fucked up last year or they are fucking up now.

That just shows some problems at board level IMO. 3 games in and something has changed since last year.
They either fucked up last year or they are fucking up now.

I'd put money on the fact that Woods saying last week that he wasn't putting pen to paper until the "coach situation was sorted out" had a little something to do with it.

It's bullshit that players are able to dictate the coaching gig, but it just says to me that Taylor was a dead man walking from the start, which we all knew anyway. I'm surprised he survived the Farah saga, or at least lasted longer there than Farah.

I don't rate him as a coach but I do feel a bit sorry for him. He had the balls to cut out the cancer that was Farah, now the next coach will benefit.

In saying that, having two speedbump halves is going to kill any team defence-wise. Some of the efforts I've seen by Brooks and Moses have been pathetic, and I don't think it's just down to not playing for their coach. They've hit the big time right when halves have hit their peak value, so they genuinely believe that they're $750k players each and that they only have to perform when the ball is in their possession. They need a reality check for mine.

Tedesco at least performs against the better teams. The Defenceless Duo only seem to go okay when the opposition is nobbled by injury.

It's bullshit that players are able to dictate the coaching gig, but it just says to me that Taylor was a dead man walking from the start, which we all knew anyway. I'm surprised he survived the Farah saga, or at least lasted longer there than Farah.

I don't rate him as a coach but I do feel a bit sorry for him. He had the balls to cut out the cancer that was Farah, now the next coach will benefit.

In saying that, having two speedbump halves is going to kill any team defence-wise. Some of the efforts I've seen by Brooks and Moses have been pathetic, and I don't think it's just down to not playing for their coach. They've hit the big time right when halves have hit their peak value, so they genuinely believe that they're $750k players each and that they only have to perform when the ball is in their possession. They need a reality check for mine.

Tedesco at least performs against the better teams. The Defenceless Duo only seem to go okay when the opposition is nobbled by injury.
This is our future if we sign Ash Taylor.

Ah yes, I forgot how halves primary task is defence... I mean, no one got through Alfie or Locky!

I feel sorry for Taylor because most coaches in their 3rd year at least have a roster they want but Taylor was nobbled in that department.

Sure he got rid of some he didn't want, around 18 I believe, but with a large chunk of his cap being paid to players not at the club he couldn't buy anyone who could make a difference.

I agree with the 360 team, any coach who goes there has to be bullet proof and has to be let run the football side of it.
That's 3 coaches in a short time, anyone can see the problems lie elsewhere.

Ah yes, I forgot how halves primary task is defence... I mean, no one got through Alfie or Locky!

You can hide one, but two? Let's play the "has a premiership side ever..." game. Who was the last premiership side to have both a 6 and 7 that were easy targets in defence?

You can hide one, but two? Let's play the "has a premiership side ever..." game. Who was the last premiership side to have both a 6 and 7 that were easy targets in defence?

2005 Wests Tigers, Prince and Benchi
2010 Saints Hornby and Soward

This appears to me to be a case of a coach GENUINELY losing the dressing room ! Taylor may be a fair coach but he doesn't appear to be a great player manager. I think on top of those two skills you need to be a good diplomat. If not, you have to be great, really great to survive. The two best are Bellamy and Bennett but Paul Green might end up being the best of them all with all the skillset for longevity.

I cannot see Taylor getting another job but mind you, I didn't think that dreadful Griffin would ever get another top level position.

West Tigers looks to be a poison chalice and attracting a good strong coach is going to be a mighty challenge.

Thurston and Morgan
Maloney and Townsend

Thurston and Morgan
Maloney and Townsend

Morgan isn't an easy target in defence is he? And the Sharks halves don't count because they were embedded in the grubbiest pack of niggle merchants who'd ever shot up performance enhancing drugs and gotten away with it.

Townsend and Hornby were competent defenders. It's part of their no-frills versatility.

Prince and Benchy mind you. Got me there for sure.

I feel manly fans are getting a boner over that win against the cows (which was a good win) but i still feel they will get the spoon this year. Also **** manly.

#bringbackscottminto
7865fd7605e576525bf9285266b57b3f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.