NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green fucking Turd has the arrogance to simultaneously tell the coaches that the refs have little bearing on the game and grow up, and spruik how close the finals matches were, in the one speech. Two games decided by two points, one in extra time. But that's just because it's the Closest Competition Eva, right Greenshit?

He never seems to want to address the inconsistency of the calls over the course of a game.

The Prior strip on Fensom, that was a loose carry and Fensom lost it cold. But a penalty was given. But that also happened quite a few times in that game, and the others were called a loose carry.

The problems with the refs are the inconsistent calls and the fact that there are grey areas where the refs can interpret rulings based on i dunno, guesses and tip sheets? How can a coach train a team when they don't know how things are going to be interpreted for any ten minute period on the field?

This game is losing fans because of referees guessing everything and teams getting away with things that other teams get cracked down on. I remember trying to get a Canadian friend into rugby league and I was explaining everything to him. He had no bias whatsoever and was confused as **** because what he thought were the rules for both teams, only ended up being the rules for one team. So not only is the game losing fans but it's struggling to gain new ones.

It also doesn't help that the refs openly admitted that when it comes to strips, they are literally guessing almost every time based on how the ball comes out.

As a fan of the WWE and Sports Entertainment, I am glad the NRL went the predetermined route. Storylines are what the fans really want.

The Prior strip on Fensom, that was a loose carry and Fensom lost it cold. But a penalty was given. But that also happened quite a few times in that game, and the others were called a loose carry.

you are right, but didn't the Sharks get awarded a try in very controversial circumstances earlier in the game ...

Flanagan is a massive hypocrite ...

he said the following after his side narrowly beat the Cowboys in 2013 with 6 points coming from a converted try scored on the 7th tackle:

“I do care (that it took the gloss off),” Flanagan said.

“It was done earlier. These things happen in our game, it’s human error.

“The referees, if they made a mistake, they didn’t mean it, I’m sure.

Compare that to the press conference he has just had ... and surprisingly he didn't mention the ref mistakes that helped his side.

Of course the Roosters aren't a fan of it...

I doubt the Sharks will endorse it either :glasscageofemotion:

you are right, but didn't the Sharks get awarded a try in very controversial circumstances earlier in the game ...

Flanagan is a massive hypocrite ...

he said the following after his side narrowly beat the Cowboys in 2013 with 6 points coming from a converted try scored on the 7th tackle:

“I do care (that it took the gloss off),” Flanagan said.

“It was done earlier. These things happen in our game, it’s human error.

“The referees, if they made a mistake, they didn’t mean it, I’m sure.

Compare that to the press conference he has just had ... and surprisingly he didn't mention the ref mistakes that helped his side.

The cows were dragged back into the game with every ounce of might the refs could muster. It was a massive stitch up

Haha what a surprise Boyd Cordner is against it.

"It's hard to determine whether they're doing it on purpose, that's the hardest thing, how they will determine that." --- Boyd Cordner

I'll tell you how they can tell if it is on purpose ... if they play for the Roosters it was on purpose

What about the players that concede ghost penalties? The kind of penalties when a team is behind by 2 and the ref will blow a penalty to the attacking team to lock the scores up..

We'll see players milk penalties even more to have the defending team disadvantaged even more.

This rule won't work.

By consider, they mean ask Cameron Smith to which he replies, 'No guys, we won't be doing that.' End of consideration.

What about the players that concede ghost penalties? The kind of penalties when a team is behind by 2 and the ref will blow a penalty to the attacking team to lock the scores up..

We'll see players milk penalties even more to have the defending team disadvantaged even more.

This rule won't work.

I guarantee it will still be discretionary. As in, the refs will get to choose whether it's severe enough or not to warrant a Time Out.

**** it, just have them enforce the Deliberate Foul Play rule. If the defensive team deliberately slows the play down or concedes a penalty in order to keep their line intact, it's 10 in the bin. That'll stop it pretty quick.

This rule won't work.

When do these get blown? Even with JWH going to sleep on our players in the last few minutes of Friday's game we couldn't get one. I can't recall us ever getting a ghost penalty when the scores were close to help us out.

Not that we deserved the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.