NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain why Jordan Rapana isn't facing suspension for his gesture to the referee & fans the other night, when Justin Hodges was sat for the same thing a couple of years ago??
History doesn't just happen, history is made.

IIRC Hodges had just come back from suspension and back then he was a regular at the judiciary and that incident alone didn't get him suspended.

Rapana should have been charged.

But this is the MRC that keeps giving Thurston concerning act notices about his tripping.

The official line was that because he was so far from the refs, they couldn't prove that it was directed at them...

The official line was that because he was so far from the refs, they couldn't prove that it was directed at them...

I wonder how they couldn't prove Rapana gave the refs the finger and yet could prove that Hodgo gave Archer the up yours when it was argued that he was directing at the big screen when they showed a replay of a bullshit call.

Random thought, but i was think toddy and wanted to get the opinions from BHQ members, who do you think is the most underrated player in the nrl right now? i believe it is Mitch Barnett

Random thought, but i was think toddy and wanted to get the opinions from BHQ members, who do you think is the most underrated player in the nrl right now? i believe it is Mitch Barnett

tumblr_lt8q04Ll1f1qe3p9bo1_500.gif

I'd have to agree. If I were to "think toddy" about it too, what we really under-value is hyping up players after less than 10 first grade games. I mean, it's a staple of NSW selectors, and they always hit the mark, there should be far more knee-jerking, or just any kind of jerking, about rating players from struggling clubs just because they don't suck as badly as their team-mates. Will the Knights' pack be the new Raiders' pack? Only time, and short attention spans, will tell.

Who??

That was an awesome try, if it wasn't for the dinky kick to Tuivasa-Sheck that allowed the Warriors to score the match winner, it would have won them the game.

Otherwise, I couldn't stand him for the fact his nose kept holding up play. Every other set of six it seemed like the trainer had to come out and stop the blood from spurting out.

Who is this new new presenter on the Sunday footy show ?

James Bracey, former host of the Sky Sports telecast.

He's OK. It's difficult because he's the new guy and doesn't have the familiarity that Sterling and Sampson had with the panel, but he's handled himself OK so far.

Yeah Bracey has done well. I miss Yvonne a lot though...probably because she is a LOT like my better half.

NEW Zealand are secretly targeting Cowboys coach Paul Green to help the Kiwis to World Cup glory and shatter Johnathan Thurston’s Kangaroos farewell.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Green has been sounded out by New Zealand hierarchy in a move that could pit the Cowboys coach against his star playmaker Thurston at this year’s World Cup.

Green fielded the approach a fortnight ago and is currently weighing up whether to accept a role as New Zealand coach David Kidwell’s right-hand man.

Maroons icon Mal Meninga steered Australia to Four Nations glory last November in his maiden year in charge of the Kangaroos, but the Kiwis view Green as the secret weapon.

The 44-year-old is rated one of the smartest coaches of his generation, breaking the Cowboys’ 20-year premiership drought in his second season at the helm in 2015.

Thurston, Green’s most important player at the Cowboys, will retire from representative football at season’s end and is desperate to walk away as a World Cup winner.

But if the Kiwis get their way, Green will help Kidwell orchestrate a New Zealand boilover and break Thurston’s heart in the process.

Green confirmed he had been approached by the Kiwis to assist in their World Cup campaign.

“I don’t want to say too much but it would be great to be involved in the World Cup,” Green said. “No decision has been made at this stage.”

The Kiwis ramped-up their 2017 campaign on Monday, adding former England coach Steve McNamara and ex-Souths CEO Shane Richardson to their management team.

Now Kidwell is gunning for Green, who is widely regarded as the man to succeed Kevin Walters as Queensland’s next Origin coach.

Green was initially offered the Maroons post before Walters last year, but turned down the job due to his club commitments at the Cowboys.

New Zealand’s blueprint of sourcing Australian coaching talent has previously paid dividends.

In 2008, Broncos coach Wayne Bennett accepted an advisory role to Steve Kearney and helped the Kiwis to a shock 34-20 defeat of Australia in the World Cup final.

New Zealand halfback legend Gary Freeman, who coached the Kiwi team in 2001-02, urged Green to accept the job.

“He’s won a premiership with the Cowboys — assisting with the Kiwis would be a great stepping stone for him,” Freeman said.

“Wayne Bennett has helped the Kiwis before so I can’t see why Paul Green can’t do it. Paul Green is a winner and knowing Thurston’s game so well is one of the reasons I would get him on board.

“I’m not suggesting ‘Greeny’ would say bash Thurston because the game has gone way past that, but Paul knows him tactically and he could impart his knowledge on the Kiwis.”

Rookie Test coach Kidwell concedes he needs more support to topple Meninga’s Kangaroos and Bennett’s England side at the World Cup.

“For us to have a winning culture and ultimately give us the best shot at winning the rugby league World Cup, there was a need for greater leadership, both on and off the field,” he said.

“This has been my opportunity to lead in that department, and I’m doing that by surrounding myself with the best in the business.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/35f326fa12664cfc012485d6e739bfad

Manly apparently imploding. Major problems

We all called it with DCE's massive contract and implied clauses.

Bob Fulton and their new ceo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.