NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think Des will wind up back at Manly ?

Anyone else think Des will wind up back at Manly ?
Apparently the dogs have re-signed him. They just don't want to announce it until they, you know, actually win a game.

Woot woot, go Lebanon!

An interesting anomaly in the rules cropped up during the Sharks v Dragoons game tonight.

Luke Lewis followed a kick in goal which went dead and fouled Nightingale to slow him down. He was penalised and the Dragons received a penalty which was given on the tryline so they had to kick to the sideline or take a tap with only six tackles instead of seven.

Watch for this to be exploited at the right time like extra time or in wet conditions.

An interesting anomaly in the rules cropped up during the Sharks v Dragoons game tonight.

Luke Lewis followed a kick in goal which went dead and fouled Nightingale to slow him down. He was penalised and the Dragons received a penalty which was given on the tryline so they had to kick to the sideline or take a tap with only six tackles instead of seven.

Watch for this to be exploited at the right time like extra time or in wet conditions.

That is an interesting one. Well spotted.

Should have been sin binned. Its a professional foul

I noticed that too and thought geeze, we should practice that in training with our inability to kick into the in goal. Actually, they did it twice - it was the 2nd time I saw it when the rookie pushed over Nightingale in the back chasing a try, the ball went dead and they got a penalty on the 5m line instead of the 20m quick tap.

Tigers about to sack Taylor after the season start. Apparently Tedesco, Woods, Brooks & Moses wont sign new contracts with him at the club. Pretty poor treatment if you ask me. He done the hard task of getting rid of Farah and now the other 4 are going to have their say on the coach albeit with the fact they haven't signed deals yet and could well **** off elsewhere.

I guess the problem with that is that they risk a team starting their set on the 40-50 metre line.

There are some big kickers that can gain a lot of territory from kicks.

The Tigers are going to sack Jason Taylor

Officially have sacked him as of 90 seconds ago.

You've gotta imagine they'll sign Ivan Cleary.

Well I suppose that kills our chances of signing Luke Brooks to replace Milford..

Tigers about to sack Taylor after the season start. Apparently Tedesco, Woods, Brooks & Moses wont sign new contracts with him at the club. Pretty poor treatment if you ask me. He done the hard task of getting rid of Farah and now the other 4 are going to have their say on the coach albeit with the fact they haven't signed deals yet and could well **** off elsewhere.

I thought the writing was on the wall when they didn't initially back him on the Farah call but when Woods publicly said last week that he wasn't putting pen to paper until he knew who'd be coaching, it was only a matter of time.

maybe he can get an assistants job at Souths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • bert_lifts
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Strop
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Thelmus
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fatboy
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrRobot
  • Alec
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.