NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty good off the top of your head Pete! It's hard to keep track of all of the smaller player movements and youngsters that come out of no where and take a spot in top 17s. I think you may have forgotten Zeb Taia at the tits and Matagi for the Eels. I think Arthur was pushing hard for an 80 minute 9 for them - Matagi is the go! Kurt Mann is an interesting choice for centre, there has been a lot of hype over this kid being versatile to play anywhere across the backline but I think Milne is the better option - Mary could go either way though.

Separately, I have an inkling that Curtis Scott might surpass Blair for that left centre spot, maybe not in the first few rounds but sometime this season. Perhaps during origin is his best shot. In saying that, Blair is a rock for the Storm.

It's tough finding room for Mann. He's a wonderful talent, he's yet to find his position, but once he does he'll cement himself as a reliable club player. McGregor seems to have the same impression, which is why he brought him back into the team last year after his horrific performance against Cronulla and Kurt to his credit didn't let him down. I thought he was one of the Dragons best during some dire months of football. I get the impression he'll find his way into the Round 1 side, just a question of whether he starts or he's brought in as a utility.

Milne is a diamond in the rough. Big body, certainly has the skill-set, it's just a matter of him knowing when to use it. There's a lot of Dragons that require big years, Taane has to make his mark or get lost in the shuffle.

I didn't forget about Taia or Matagi. The situation with Zeb has already been covered, with Matagi I was just under the impression that Arthur would give a player like Alvaro a shot given the way he performed when the Eels were in trouble off the field. It could go either way with bench spots and there's a lot that I feel haven't been decided yet.

After watching tonight's trial, I don't think Taylor can give Masters a shot. They seem to love him out west, but he seemed well off the pace.

Scott's definitely worth keeping an eye on. Super talent, he just needs to grow into himself.

I do think the NRL need to re-think their ads.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say their new ad suggests there is a bit of a corruption at NRL HQ.

'Who will make history this year?'

If a team that's already been premiers wins it, unless it's the Sharks, wouldn't be making history.

I do think the NRL need to re-think their ads.

If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say their new ad suggests there is a bit of a corruption at NRL HQ.

'Who will make history this year?'

If a team that's already been premiers wins it, unless it's the Sharks, wouldn't be making history.

It'll be a Warriors title this year as they go with the pathetic Foran redemption storyline as they proceed to get carried by the refs this year. They also have an easy draw (we play them during Origin ffs).

NRL has looked corrupt as **** since about 2010, and has been escalating since the souffs title. Sick of this Disney-esque fairytale bullshit.

It'll be a Warriors title this year as they go with the pathetic Foran redemption storyline as they proceed to get carried by the refs this year. They also have an easy draw (we play them during Origin ffs).

NRL has looked corrupt as **** since about 2010, and has been escalating since the souffs title. Sick of this Disney-esque fairytale bullshit.

...the year they busted the Storm and stripped them of their titles/dynasty?

They can market it all they want and try to influence the outcome by the draw, but unless you want to open a can of worms and suggest player/team culpability, it comes down to the effort on the field.

I don't doubt the NRL want the Warriors to win.

Watching young Jai Field in the charity shield, kid looks pretty smooth.
However, I honestly can't see him being any chance of playing NRL at his current size, genuinely looks a boy amongst men.

What do people think about the early Friday evening games?

Only just noticed this nuance on taking a look at the schedule the other day .. having games kick off at 6pm on a Friday evening seems odd to me

Only just noticed this nuance on taking a look at the schedule the other day .. having games kick off at 6pm on a Friday evening seems odd to me

Absolute pain in the ass
I will miss most of the first game every Friday night now. I get home from work at 5.30, go to the gym at 6 for an hour then I have to cook tea. The 8pm game was a great fit for me. They should have just had a Sunday night game. And that's just me, imagine people in the city trying to get to the ground at 5pm (not to mention if they have to go home first and get the kids)

Catching the game on t.v. a lot of people would have to rush home from work. If you finish at 5-5.30 and traffic no chance.

shit time slot

the thing is there is a few stadiums that don't allow events to start that early on a weekday. I'm pretty sure Lang Park is one of them

Yeah, what you guys have mentioned is all of what came to mind .. I can see a lot of half-full stadiums when these games are kicking off because 6pm on a Friday is rush hour everywhere .. Tough for fans going to the games and tough for fans getting home from work or wherever in time to watch the games on tv.. would love to know what the rationale is for this timeslot

At least it won’t be an issue for Broncos fans at home games

Yeah, what you guys have mentioned is all of what came to mind .. I can see a lot of half-full stadiums when these games are kicking off because 6pm on a Friday is rush hour everywhere .. Tough for fans going to the games and tough for fans getting home from work or wherever in time to watch the games on tv.. would love to know what the rationale is for this timeslot

At least it won’t be an issue for Broncos fans at home games

It will be an issue for the Broncos.

Their crowd numbers will drop because that's peak hour. It will be a major hassle for the casual fans to get to a game and they will very likely not even bother.

NRL will regret this decision.

Brisbane won't be hosting any games in that time-slot.

It will be an issue for the Broncos.

Their crowd numbers will drop because that's peak hour. It will be a major hassle for the casual fans to get to a game and they will very likely not even bother.

NRL will regret this decision.

They won't have any. As above, I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to host them that early.

They won't have any. As above, I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to host them that early.

It's because of the public transport deal. I think they can't host games on that timeslot because of their deal with QLD transport.

But I believe they can if they receive compensation for it. I remember reading an article where Stadiums Queensland would demand compensation if the NRL go through with that timeslot. I'll try to find the article.

At the end of the NRL 2017 promo video they say "History doesn't just happen, history is made together" like they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

At the end of the NRL 2017 promo video they say "History doesn't just happen, history is made together" like they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

so put your money on either the Titans or Warriors to win the title this year ... if they want "History" then those are the only teams yet to win the comp

so put your money on either the Titans or Warriors to win the title this year ... if they want "History" then those are the only teams yet to win the comp

It would also include the Sharks, and I believe the Eels as well. And whoever finishes the regular season in 8th spot.

Sharks to be the first team to win a comp back to back in the NRL era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • johnny plath
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.