NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fatty Vautin sacked by The Footy Show, Erin Molan to be the new host.

Lolz.

You kidding? Hahahahahhahahahhaha

So anyone who watches that show for some reason can watch her stare down her nose at people even more...top stuff.

I was expecting some kind of sordid story. Fatty does act a bit like the creepy uncle.

Fatty Vautin sacked by The Footy Show, Erin Molan to be the new host.

Lolz.
So basically they've swapped cancer for AIDS. I will never stop wondering how that show keeps winning awards. Unless they get rid of the lot and bring a whole new mob in and actually discuss the fucking footy then it will just be more of the same shit.

So basically they've swapped cancer for AIDS. I will never stop wondering how that show keeps winning awards. Unless they get rid of the lot and bring a whole new mob in and actually discuss the fucking footy then it will just be more of the same shit.
That show has stopped being about footy a long time ago.

I don't watch the footy show, but this probably translates into Fatty and the other 'personalities' signing on to Fox League for 2019 onwards.

Peoples opinions on Fatty will be different but one thing is for certain, he is the footy show. I look forward to hearing about Molan do her puff pieces and the realisation channel 9 actually get when they realise she doesn't know a fucking thing about actual football.

I don't watch the footy show, but this probably translates into Fatty and the other 'personalities' signing on to Fox League for 2019 onwards.

I am actually really interested in how he would go if he went to fox. He is just as knowledgeable as Sterlo

It seems to make a show that talks about football, you either have to be funny or dramatic. The footy show tries (and fails usually) to be funny, whilst fox tries having over the hill ex-footballers and journalists screaming at each other for drama (the only thing it is, is annoying).
We have plenty of naturally funny people in league and plenty of people with insightful commentry, without resorting to cheap jerry springer theatrics or lame pub humour from 30 years ago. As for drama, we had people die, careers ended, criminal investigation leading to imprisonment and fairytale story of success in the face of all odds. You could mention how cam smith dragged himself up with sheer determination to be one of, if not the greatest players of all time. Or you could talk about how lodge destroyed almost his career in a night of insanity, Roberts battles to overcome his addictions, boyd's or other battles with depression. The wives, children of footballers, or ex-footballers. Players in the USA or Tonga or even Lebanon.
How much really of any of that though is shown. It would require a better commitment and more talented people with backgrounds beyond "personalities", but I would watch it. Also its not just what you say but how you do it. The best shows offer mysteries around every spoken phrase, but all of that is lost on what we have now.

Just heard on the radio the 2018 "draw" will focus on giving more Sunday arvo games to Sydney teams.

The only guarantees we will get is playing the top 8 twice, the bottom 4 once and the Warriors during Origin.

So warriors back to back during Origin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Huge
  • Skathen
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.