NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just don't realize there are too many Sydney teams.

You can't have 9 teams in the one city and expect all of them to flourish.

If they want to compete with the Broncos on a financial level, cut some teams.

But that's not how the NRL or people like Rothfield think.

It's more along the lines of, the Broncos made too much money last year, let's bring in another Brisbane team to lessen their profits

The AFL would disagree. You can if you are professional, don't take your fans for granted and are not afraid to spend money on things, ala something the NRL will never do.

The AFL would disagree. You can if you are professional, don't take your fans for granted and are not afraid to spend money on things, ala something the NRL will never do.

And last I heard a few of those clubs are struggling to record any profits and are losing money.

They have to rely on loans to stop it from getting a lot worse.

And last I heard a few of those clubs are struggling to record any profits and are losing money.

They have to rely on loans to stop it from getting a lot worse.

Yeah it's probably true but they sell our almost every game at most clubs, plus the merchandising. I mean compare their app to the NRL one, it's embarrassing!

But in a country with such a small population, no city really should have more than three or four teams at most.

yeah. that's some business solution. We've got 14 clubs failing and 2 that are successful. Let's trash the successful ones.

Don't you dare enter this discussion with a valid and logic response. The Sydney media wouldn't know how to respond to this simple logic.

Don't you dare enter this discussion with a valid and logic response. The Sydney media wouldn't know how to respond to this simple logic.

Yes they do, they just attack everyone else.

If the "Independent Commission" truly was independent we wouldn't need to have these conversations. This isn't F1 where the spending used to be absolutely ridiculous, unsustainable, and a few top teams had to be reigned in for the good of the sport.

At the moment it's more like there are 9 different Mercedes teams, all jostling against each other and trying to attract fans and business who could benefit from aligning with Merc, while Ferrari just goes about its business.

If the "Independent Commission" truly was independent we wouldn't need to have these conversations. This isn't F1 where the spending used to be absolutely ridiculous, unsustainable, and a few top teams had to be reigned in for the good of the sport.

At the moment it's more like there are 9 different Mercedes teams, all jostling against each other and trying to attract fans and business who could benefit from aligning with Merc, while Ferrari just goes about its business.

I think McLaren would have been much better.

I would prefer we are McLaren.

I think McLaren would have been much better.

I would prefer we are McLaren.

I couldn't tell you which teams are which ;)

I haven't watched it since Ferrari were winning everything, and even then it was via a casual glance.

Actually I think you'll find mercedes have been winning. Hamilton and Rosberg

WHAT THE HELL HAS HAPPENED TO MY GIRL YVONNE?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Midean
  • GCBRONCO
  • Maroon4life
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Volvo Driver
  • RolledOates
  • FACTHUNT
  • Redux
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.