NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
this question and answer = lol

Stephen1 hour ago
Todd, how do you manage to keep a straight face when you try and justify another stuff-up with excuses everyone knows to be false?

Todd Greenberg moderatorjust now
@Stephen No excuses. Straight talking and owning our mistakes None of us are perfect but trying hard to improve the game

**** the CM are a bunch of *****. Posted this question and they refused to approve it, obviously don't like people putting out their bullshit agendas.

Hi Todd, kudos for coming on here to let the fans talk to you directly. As a fan you can often feel like you have no voice as the mainstream media push their own agenda outside of what certain fans may think.
I was in favor of the penalty crackdown that happened in the first half of the season and was disappointed when it stopped after what felt like media pressure. To me it felt like we needed to stick strong and eventually the coaches would change their tactics, instead the coaches won and stuck with the tactics of incorrect play the balls, slowing down the ruck etc. because the knew the likes of Buzz Rothfield would keep pushing their case.
1. Why did the NRL cave on this? and is there a clear plan in place to get the NRL back to the free-flowing football that myself and I believe many other fans used to enjoy, the game that I feel in love with?
2. Why does there appear to be a mandate on even penalty counts meaning that teams are free to kill momentum with penalties in the first half knowing they will be rewarded with make-up penalties in the second half? Why can't a penalty just be a penalty and if the count is lopsided the pressure is put back onto the coaches to clean up their teams play?

**** the CM are a bunch of *****. Posted this question and they refused to approve it, obviously don't like people putting out their bullshit agendas.

The perfect question to ask, it's what we all want to know. Which is why it was never a chance of being answered.

The perfect question to ask, it's what we all want to know. Which is why it was never a chance of being answered.

Yep, I can almost imagine the situation.

Moderator sitting there frantically trying to delete while Todd leans over and asks what's that comment? "Nothing Todd, this guy is just calling you a ****, we can't stand for that I dealing with it."

Yep, I can almost imagine the situation.

Moderator sitting there frantically trying to delete while Todd leans over and asks what's that comment? "Nothing Todd, this guy is just calling you a ****, we can't stand for that I dealing with it."

I was more thinking that Greenturd would read it and be like

980x.gif

They're on to us.

I was more thinking that Greenturd would read it and be like

980x.gif

They're on to us.

Personally, I just thought it was too well constructed. No way are they answering something that requires a well thought out answer....instead of "Blah blah, put me hand up blah blah.....owning mistakes" etc etc. Besides which, point 2 basically boils down to "Why do you guys manufacture results?" haha

Personally, I just thought it was too well constructed. No way are they answering something that requires a well thought out answer....instead of "Blah blah, put me hand up blah blah.....owning mistakes" etc etc. Besides which, point 2 basically boils down to "Why do you guys manufacture results?" haha

Yeah, I thought "why do you manufacture results and corrupt the integrity of an entire organisation that all stakeholders sink untold time, money and emotion into every year" was a bit too pointed.

Billy Slater officially retiring at the end of the season.

Now watch Storm go back to back.

Jason Nightingale has also announced his retirement at seasons end

1. Slater
2. Winterstein
5. Nightingale
7. Thurston
8. Lillyman
10. Thaiday
11. Lewis
12. Mannering
13. Heighington

This team is looking pretty strong.

1. Slater
2. Winterstein
5. Nightingale
7. Thurston
8. Lillyman
10. Thaiday
11. Lewis
12. Mannering
13. Heighington

This team is looking pretty strong.

you could add Peter Wallace to either the 7 (moving Thurson to 6) or 9 jumpers

As bad as our halves are at the moment, I’m so glad we didn’t waste big money on Ash taylor. He is fucking terrible this season.

As bad as our halves are at the moment, I’m so glad we didn’t waste big money on Ash taylor. He is fucking terrible this season.

Would like to see his stats on forward passes haha.

2018 as a whole needs to join '07 and '09 and be scrubbed from the history books. It's been awful for Rugby League, both on field and off.

Following my last post about Taylor, you can also add Hunt to the ‘halves I’m glad we didn’t spend big money on’ list.

Up to his same old tricks of looking amazing when the team is firing and terrible when any sort of pressure is applied.

Following my last post about Taylor, you can also add Hunt to the ‘halves I’m glad we didn’t spend big money on’ list.

Up to his same old tricks of looking amazing when the team is firing and terrible when any sort of pressure is applied.

Spot on, most of us agree we do have a halves issue, but I certainly don't see Taylor or Hunt as the answer (at least not on the money they are getting)

I hope the Dragoons are enjoying their 1.2mill $ man poached specifically to make a difference at this time of the year.
4 more years isn't long to wait until his contract is up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Foordy
  • Manifesto
  • Brocko
  • broncs30
  • Manofoneway
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • mystico
  • jd87
  • Financeguy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Griffo
  • Xzei
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.