NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

An interesting premise..

I wonder how many Australian rep players are actually eligible for the NZ Maori team, obviously Val Holmes would be.. Ponga? Tamou? McLean?

Last edited:
These are the sort of games they should be sending to Melbourne. They don't deserve State of Origin

Villiame Kikau is in a bit of a bind with Immigration.

He's currently applying for Australian residency. He's close to getting residency status, but they won't allow him to leave the country until it's official. If he does leave the country to go to NZ this week (Panthers are playing NZ), then he won't be allowed back in the country and his application will be deemed void.

Andrew Fifita, Josh Dugan spark NRL feud with veteran journalist Phil Rothfield
  • August 23, 2018 6:12am
  • by Alex Blair
  • Source: news.com.au
Aug 23 2018
7:50PM
85d2d8ade018066a07dc8051f4abddd0

Andrew Fifita sparked controversy with his post-try spray at coach Shane FlanaganSource: AAP
The towering Cronulla forward, who was blasted for his post-try blow-up at the coach’s box over the weekend, appeared on sport podcast The Halfcast alongside teammate Josh Dugan and UFC fighters Tyson Pedro and Tai Tuivasa.
“I just don’t know how they (football journalists) are all on TV, and they can talk on football,” Fifita said after the conversation directed toward a discussion on the media. “Excuse my French, but (Rothfield) is a complete f***wit.”
MORE NRL NEWS
GO TO THE ED IMMEDIATELY!: EVERY NRL CONTENDER’S HEALTH RATED
‘HOPEFULL WE’LL STAY INTACT: DCE FEARS PLAYER EXODUS
BIG PICTURE: BIZARRE BRONCOS ANOMALY THAT HAS CHOOKS WORRIED

Dugan chimed in, swiping at Rothfield over an article written earlier in the year about him and teammate Paul Gallen wrestling in the Sharks camp.
“It started when Gallen was joking that Dugan had never won a premiership. So the former St George Illawarra and Canberra Raiders star challenged him to a wrestle.,” the veteran league writer wrote in January.
694312_640x360_large_20180818215059.jpg

Fifita's post-try blow up
3:15
“Old Buzz Rothfield got on it and tried to make out Gal and I were full-on serious (saying) we were trying to punch up in the middle of the park,” Dugan said. “He’s old, weathered (and) baldheaded.”
Rothfield has previously exposed Dugan and Fifita in the press, detailing an ugly incident which got the pair booted from Cronulla RSL in February.
The famous Sharks supporter caught wind of the podcast on Wednesday night and took to Twitter to slam the club’s “ratbags”.
Haha! Finally, Fifita and Dugan say something useful!

Roosters vs. Rabbitohs at ANZ top 4 clash - 26,331
Cowboys vs. Parramatta in Townsville bottom 4 clash - 25,085

Once again, in bold letters this time: RL fans in NSW are the fucking worst.

Oh but the PM Elect is a Sharks fan!
giphy.gif

Last edited:
To be honest, Cows vs Parra is a pretty big game, despite being bottom of the ladder clash. Thurston's last home game and the match that pretty much decides the spoon.

But yeah, surely Roosturd vs Souffs has to attract more people?

Last edited:
Roosters vs. Rabbitohs at ANZ top 4 clash - 26,331
Cowboys vs. Parramatta in Townsville bottom 4 clash - 25,085

And the NSW media for the past 3-4 weeks have bleating on about how it would be a dream come true if it was a Roosters V Rabbits GF

They could try getting some fans first

From what I saw of the Broncos V Roosters crowd last night it looked pretty ordinary.

If it was at Suncorp it would have pulled 30K easily. Looked barely half that last night.

From what I saw of the Broncos V Roosters crowd last night it looked pretty ordinary.

If it was at Suncorp it would have pulled 30K easily. Looked barely half that last night.
Thirteen K plus change apparently.

I was thinking the same. Pathetic for two top-8 teams with the promise of being the match of the round.

I was thinking the same. Pathetic for two top-8 teams with the promise of being the match of the round.

Especially considering both teams had something to play for and these matches are often very good ones.

Good pick up by the NRL.

He will be the new Head of Football.

On NRL360, Paul Kent called out Greenburg and co, saying that the NRL has zero leadership

Not a Kent fan, but he nailed this one

Personally I think the Storm are making a big mistake going with Croft as their halfback.

They look a far better side with Jerome Hughes at 7.

Personally I think the Storm are making a big mistake going with Croft as their halfback.

They look a far better side with Jerome Hughes at 7.

Well, he's also their future fullback, they'll still need one or the other,

Well, he's also their future fullback, they'll still need one or the other,

Should have made my post clearer. I rate them both but it appears like they're backing Croft at halfback for the remainder of this season. While it is obviously not Hughes' best position I feel as if they're a bigger threat with him there than Croft at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Dazza 92
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • bazza
  • Xzei
  • broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Shane Tronc
  • IceWorks
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.