NRL General Discussion Thread - 2019

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by Unbreakable, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Why would he even mention us unless the chip on his shoulder was real?

2. That's why Mal gets paid the big bucks.......

3. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

4. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Might be a bit harsh after delivering what he has in origin?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Huge likes this.
  5. Fair if regarding his political career.

Locky's Left Boot and Huge like this.
  6. Can you really name it that? It lasted half a TV interview.

Locky's Left Boot and Nashy like this.
  7. Thelmus

Thelmus QCup Player

mal's political career was rather short. 30 seconds I believe. Probably for the best, i think.
    One footballer I have grudging respect for despite his party choice and stance was glen lazarus. I'd never vote for anyone associated with Clive Palmer but I thought he handled himself well in the political spotlight. Considering who and what he had to work with, I thought he did very well.
    His ideologies and beliefs are different to mine but I though lazarus was atleast genuine in his convictions. Palmer, on the other hand, I think makes trump look honest, and that is scary!

Sirlee oldman likes this.
  8. Mal is a proven winner, and an excellent man manager by all accounts, and he can definitely bring about a positive cultural change at the Titans, one they desperately need

This should, and likely will, improve them as a team

However, making them the flagship NRL club in QLD really is the dumbest thing I've heard said in a very very long time

And the master plan to make the Titans better than the Broncos is by building a team of players the Broncos release?

Seriously Mal, I love you for what you did for QLD origin, but nobody is perfect - and this just proves it

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    soup likes this.
  9. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Honestly, I can’t believe they let him say that. Do they realise how stupid this sounds? Essentially their grand plan is to wait for our rejects and hope we get it wrong.

10. Morkel

Morkel

Mal knows they’ll never be as good as the Broncos as an organisation. I’m sure the Broncos have said at times that they aspire to be like X club.

Yeah, it’s not the same as saying they want to be bigger & better than X. But the comment is designed to give the club a direction to head in. Ultra-professional, accountable and driven. They started off like that and were somewhat successful before Searle went Generic Gold Coast and over-extended their capacity before imploding.

Even if they improve 10-20% (as an organisation) it’ll be worthwhile.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    soup likes this.
  11. Foordy

Foordy

i keep thinking about the old John West tuna ad with regards to this line, ... lol

we could easily re-work the ad so it is about the Broncos ... hmmm:

"It's the players the Broncos reject ... that make the Broncos the best"

john1420 and Morkel like this.
  12. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...e/news-story/bb86e90d25b3c31d6a36bd2ae622d6de

13. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

I see inviting him to training got him on our side

14. Alec

Alec International Rep

Yeah, I dunno how you can expand when almost 90% of the clubs are running at a loss.

15. Foordy

Foordy

you can't expand while there are 9 Sydney teams.

Harry Sack likes this.
  16. Morkel

Morkel

Harry Sack likes this.
  17. Tom

Tom NRL Captain

Nowhere does White say he wants a second Brisbane team, and why would he? It would be detrimental to the Broncos. I'd be willing to wager Rothfield asked him different questions to get these quotes out of him then proceeded to make up his own narrative.

18. Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17 QCup Player

Not sure if there's a thread discussing opposition teams for nexr year but i just had quick look through some of the rosters. I might turn out to be way off the mark but wow the Canberra team looks incredibly weak to me. The Wighton Sezar halves combination does not appeal at all to me. The forward pack as well seems very average to me with no real standout danger players. I acknowledge papali is a rep player but at club level never seems to stand out. Hodgsen at hooker could be dangerous or his form two years ago could be a once off.

I think I'd like too lock them in for a Smokey for wooden spoon. I'm sure many would disagree however.

19. Alec

Alec International Rep

They've still got Sam Williams, he outplayed Sezer a good number of times last year. Chucking Wighton in the halves wouldn't last more than a few rounds.

https://outline.com/DH7X9V