NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is 100%, 24 carat gold plated fuckery right there. The storm and NRL are basically just doing donuts in the front yard of every other team all whilst giving us the finger. Can they be any more amateurish? Greenberg, you’re a fucking disgrace.

So apparently the ring is worth 15k. The same amount Smith donated to charity after his testimonial.

So apparently the ring is worth 15k. The same amount Smith donated to charity after his testimonial.
If he kept a receipt he can claim the 15K donation on tax.

Wonder if the NRL would have done the same for Ian Roberts partner if he had got to 400 games?

Wonder if the NRL would have done the same for Ian Roberts partner if he had got to 400 games?

What does that have to do with anything? I bet the NRL wouldn't have done it for anybody else. When Smith gets to 450, the premierships will be reinstated.

Earlier in this thread the NRL were reported as saying they would do the same for anyone else who got to 400 games but I guess we won’t know until if/when that happens.
I don’t believe the storms premierships will ever be reinstated.

Earlier in this thread the NRL were reported as saying they would do the same for anyone else who got to 400 games but I guess we won’t know until if/when that happens.

Well on another note, this may be why Darius wants to keep going, get that 15k ring in four or five seasons time.

Titans are more chance of winning the comp this year.

It also said James Graham has. Wonder if his old lady got one. As for the premierships, it wouldn't surprise me in the least, he's having private dinners with the CEO and his wife is getting presents. Wonder if Greenburg realises Smith wants his job yet.

Storm in a teacup really.

Reaching 400 games is a staggering achievement in a game as physically punishing as Rugby League.

It will be a long time before it happens again, if ever.

You don't become that successful without a heck of a lot of sacrifices made by family and loved ones.

The NRL did good.

As for the stripped premierships, the Melbourne Storm have always believed internally that they won those premierships.

Back in reality though, here's what the NRL thinks:

‘‘The official premiership records make it clear what happened in 2007 and 2009,’’ an NRL spokesman said. ‘‘What Melbourne choose to acknowledge is a matter for Melbourne.’’

That being said, is it true that Melbourne have 2007 and 2009 commemorations on their actual playing strip during games?

I don't see a lot of Storm games - can anyone confirm this?

That's piss poor if it's true - the NRL need to fine them for that.

In other judiciary news, Luke Brooks gets off from kneeing someone in the head/face. Ha!

Storm in a teacup really.

Reaching 400 games is a staggering achievement in a game as physically punishing as Rugby League.

It will be a long time before it happens again, if ever.

You don't become that successful without a heck of a lot of sacrifices made by family and loved ones.

The NRL did good.

As for the stripped premierships, the Melbourne Storm have always believed internally that they won those premierships.

Back in reality though, here's what the NRL thinks:

‘‘The official premiership records make it clear what happened in 2007 and 2009,’’ an NRL spokesman said. ‘‘What Melbourne choose to acknowledge is a matter for Melbourne.’’

That being said, is it true that Melbourne have 2007 and 2009 commemorations on their actual playing strip during games?

I don't see a lot of Storm games - can anyone confirm this?

That's piss poor if it's true - the NRL need to fine them for that.
Nah that's crap mate. It's meant to be a working class game. Giving 15k$ pieces of jewellery to the wife of one of the highest paid players is shit. Imagine what a struggling junior club could do with that money. That's on top of all the other payments outside the cap this fuckstick has already gotten.

Nah that's crap mate. It's meant to be a working class game. Giving 15k$ pieces of jewellery to the wife of one of the highest paid players is shit. Imagine what a struggling junior club could do with that money. That's on top of all the other payments outside the cap this fuckstick has already gotten.

Again mate, it's exceptional circumstances. Probably never to be repeated. Lighten up a bit.

I get what you're saying but it's not really a working class game anymore. The only reason the NRL can afford extravagant gifts such as these is because of billion dollar television deals and other things like that.

At the very least, it's no longer reflective or representative of a working class game.

Most rugby league players live at Coogee and Cronulla.

The NRL and the ARLC would like nothing more than to shed the game's working class image.

In the past, this image wasn't helped by on-field brawling and off-field shenanigans.

Outlawing punching and the no-fault stand down policy are the NRL's attempts to make the game more palatable to a wider audience - that will keep the cash registers ringing.

What does that have to do with anything? I bet the NRL wouldn't have done it for anybody else. When Smith gets to 450, the premierships will be reinstated.

They didn't do it for James Graham's partner, only Smith.

They didn't do it for James Graham's partner, only Smith.

Graham's 400 included SL though, why would the NRL make a big deal of that? As far as the NRL is concerned he's played 170 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Matheos
  • KateBroncos1812
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.