NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just interesting as it is a good way to contest a bit deeper kickoff. Or trap the other team down their end. I'm surprised nobody really tries it, I thought there must be a rule against it or something.

You didn't have to write a 400 word essay to basically re-iterate what I said. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter that they got the call wrong, but it was one I was always curious about and after last night I learned the ugly truth - they got it wrong.
Ha ha ha ha:rofl:smoker::jawdrop::rofl

Coming from you that's rich! Morkel is undoubtedly the King of Blither but for sheer verbosity you are a deadset close second. Pot Kettle Black!

Ha ha ha ha:rofl:smoker::jawdrop::rofl

Coming from you that's rich! Morkel is undoubtedly the King of Blither but for sheer verbosity you are a deadset close second. Pot Kettle Black!

You didn't have to write a 400 word essay to basically re-iterate what I said.

No hypocrisy here, I welcome well thought out posts, I just don't appreciate unnecessary lectures.

That was example A and this is example B.

You didn't have to write a 400 word essay to basically re-iterate what I said.

No hypocrisy here, I welcome well thought out posts, I just don't appreciate unnecessary lectures.

That was example A and this is example B.
Mmmm, you appear mixed up here. I thought it rich that you lectured another poster about his long post when you frequently write walls and walls of text. I know you have your supporters but your shitty grammar and misuse or rather misunderstanding of many words ensures I won't be one of them.

Mmmm, you appear mixed up here. I thought it rich that you lectured another poster about his long post when you frequently write walls and walls of text. I know you have your supporters but your shitty grammar and misuse or rather misunderstanding of many words ensures I won't be one of them.
Wow. For the first time ever I am going to get directly involved in someone else’s argument on here. This post is completely out of order. To say his use of grammar is shitty and that he misunderstands many words is a ridiculous overstatement. You seriously need to dial back the shit you pile on people.

Wow. For the first time ever I am going to get directly involved in someone else’s argument on here. This post is completely out of order. To say his use of grammar is shitty and that he misunderstands many words is a ridiculous overstatement. You seriously need to dial back the shit you pile on people.
Nope, calling a spade a spade. I apportion my shit carefully, I don't throw it around willy nilly !

No you are losing control.
No, not really. I think big pete is well informed and knowledgeable and very attentive but I find his writing to be only average at best. He's a blitherer who believes the fawning praise he's received from some. No great harm in that of course.

No, not really. I think big pete is well informed and knowledgeable and very attentive but I find his writing to be only average at best. He's a blitherer who believes the fawning praise he's received from some. No great harm in that of course.
No. The people who use the word loose instead of lose are average and that’s ok. They just want to communicate their thoughts and don’t really think about the conventions. Pete communicates in a way that shows he is familiar with and cares about the way language should be used and he shouldn’t be belittled for any minor short comings in his posts. Your criticisms reflect on you more than him.

No. The people who use the word loose instead of lose are average and that’s ok. They just want to communicate their thoughts and don’t really think about the conventions. Pete communicates in a way that shows he is familiar with and cares about the way language should be used and he shouldn’t be belittled for any minor short comings in his posts. Your criticisms reflect on you more than him.
Good on you champ but I just don't agree. As a writer I find he's quite average. He's above average amongst the hoi polloi. I gave him credit where it's due but I find his writing dull and unoriginal. In fact at times I think he's actively striving to write as a professional sportswriter might do. You'll just have to deal with it as well as my apparent descent into madness.🤣

You aren’t descending. This has been your attitude for quite a while and really it’s just bitter trolling.

Came across these old quotes from the 2006 Grand Final that I found interesting.

Video Kills The Storm Star
Trailing 14-8 with just 14 minutes remaining and desperately trying to get back into the game, Storm second rower Ryan Hoffman leapt high in an attempt to take a Cooper Cronk bomb. Hoffman and Broncos fullback Justin Hodges collided before Matt King picked up the scraps and powered over the line. Video referees Chris Ward and Bill Harrigan ruled Hoffman knocked the ball forward into Hodges in what proved a critical moment.

Ryan Hoffman: "I was hoping for a green light, but I really had no idea what happened. I looked at the replay and I thought we were a big chance, but it wasn't to be. I thought he got the first touch."

Matt King: "From the views they looked at it didn't seem clear so I'm not sure when they give the benefit of the doubt...if it was awarded I'm sure it would have swung things our way."

Justin Hodges: "I wasn't worried because I actually felt like I was taken out and I didn't believe I got a touch at all, so I knew I couldn't be found at fault. I was confident."

I found the quote from Hoffman in particular telling. If Ryan was confident he didn't get a touch, it would have shown in his answer. That last line in particular is quite damning because it implies that Hoffman felt he got a piece of the ball, but only after Hodges had touched the ball.

I thought I would pass that on because I was satisfied with the decision even though the replay appears more inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.