NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth do you justify changing rules throughout the season?

Everyone would be constantly penalised but you can be sure only Brisbane will be pinged.

Heard a rumour that Maloney's deal with Catalan has fallen through and he's looking at a return to NRL.

Wonder who makes a play?

With a third of the season basically finished, this is my opinion on how the ladder might look at the end of Round 20.

Top 8 certainties

Melbourne
Sydney
Penrith
Canberra
Parramatta

Touch and go

Newcastle
North Queensland
Cronulla
St George
Wests
Manly
Souths

No hopers

Gold Coast
Brisbane
Canterbury
New Zealand

Still some jostling to go to make up those final 3 spots. Souths, Manly and Newcastle should get there but I wouldn't wager a large sum on it.

I have been trying to think of a player who has declined more rapidly than Corey Oates over the past 18 months and I may finally have an answer after watching the Titans game yesterday, Jarrod Wallace.

He's barely making the Titans 17 these days and has completely disappeared from origin conversations.

I have been trying to think of a player who has declined more rapidly than Corey Oates over the past 18 months and I may finally have an answer after watching the Titans game yesterday, Jarrod Wallace.

He's barely making the Titans 17 these days and has completely disappeared from origin conversations.
Flegler.

This time last year he was going great and on an upward spiral.
Offa isn't far behind.

Reece Hoffman looking likely to make his debut for the Tigers. Played one ISC game for Wynnum last year then snapped up.

Very robust, not dynamic just a really good defensive centre/winger.

Reece Hoffman looking likely to make his debut for the Tigers. Played one ISC game for Wynnum last year then snapped up.

Very robust, not dynamic just a really good defensive centre/winger.

Negative not playing. Close though.

Negative not playing. Close though.
You're forgiven mate. You must be the closest thing we've got to our very own David Middleton. Between you and Pete we're always covered for anything league oriented,

Apparently Val Holmes has been demoted to the wing this weekend in favour of the Hammer, wow. Green is getting desperate.

I was curious to get Andrew Johns' reaction on the Fonua-Blake blow-up.

Some of you may remember in the lead up to the 2006 finals, Joey was involved in a major incident where he verbally abused Matt Cecchin in a close fought loss against Manly. A lot of ex-players rushed to Joey's defence in the media saying he had every right to be upset. It seemed like it was all going to blow over until Joey penned an article in the Telegraph where he stood his ground and demanded an apology from Cecchin.

As a result, the Match Review Committee charged him with a four week suspension, but he was able to get it downgraded to a two week suspension. The media was happy with the leniancy shown because Johns would have missed the opening two weeks of the finals.

Joey would go onto beat Manly in a dramatic semi-final, before suffering a 50-6 loss the following week.

14 years later, Joey claims he got better with age and if he did slip up on the field he'd immediately regret it after games.

Could have fooled me eighth.

Has JT weighed in yet?

Last edited:
giphy.gif

On a parallel tangent, wasn’t it also Johns who racially slurred Greg Inglis during an Origin camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Rah88
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Battler
  • ivanhungryjak
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Aldo
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.