NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should go back to picking wingers on the wing.

Australia for me would be:

1. Tedesco
2. Oates
3. Inglis (c)
4. Mitchell
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. Cleary
8. McLean
9. Cook
10. Campbell-Gillard
11. Frizell
12. Cordner
13. JTurbo

14. Ponga
15. Klemmer
16. McGuire
17. Crichton

Mahe Fonua should be one of the first names on the Tonga team sheet. Love watching him play.

That pack is scary when the likes of Terepo and Fotuaika are unlikely to get a bench spot.

The two halves leave alot to be desired.

Last edited:
They should go back to picking wingers on the wing.

Who would the options even be in that scenario? Addo-Carr, Oates, Ferguson, Cotric, Mansour I guess, not too shabby, but I think I'd still pick Holmes & TTurbo ahead of them.

Who would the options even be in that scenario? Addo-Carr, Oates, Ferguson, Cotric, Mansour I guess, not too shabby, but I think I'd still pick Holmes & TTurbo ahead of them.
I’d be ok with Holmes but Turbo is overrated. Oates has earned a spot and Addo-Carr has as well. Instead they’re being held out by third or fourth string fullbacks.

I’d be ok with Holmes but Turbo is overrated. Oates has earned a spot and Addo-Carr has as well. Instead they’re being held out by third or fourth string fullbacks.

I can't decide if Turbo is overrated or underrated, it might be both. Just depends which guy turns up, not too dissimilar from Oates in the sense that he's capable of scoring 3 tries and running for 250 metres against you, or running for 70 metres with 3 errors.

I probably feel slightly more comfortable with Tom under the high ball in comparison to Oates, so I'd lean his way overall, maybe a 55/45 split.

If it were me, I'd be going with Holmes (must pick IMO, I'm excited to see if he can keep his strike rate up) and Gagai, who has been amazing on the wing for QLD. Of course NSW fans won't be happy...

Last edited:
If it were me, I'd be going with Holmes (must pick IMO, I'm excited to see if he can keep his strike rate up) and Gagai, who has been amazing on the wing for QLD. Of course NSW fans won't be happy...

Oh yeah, shit, I actually forgot about Gagai.

Mal will probably want an extra Queenslander or two in there for continuity sake, so I'd say he will be there.

Dn_ODNNUUAEK5w9.jpg:large

What a strange ass team, who on earth picked that back line? Corey Allan???

Also, Maloney has been ruled out of the Kangaroos side for next months tests, so it'll either be Cleary or DCE in the 7 jersey.

Loooooool Buzz Rothfield just used making the PM's team as a reason for Ramien winning rookie of the year

Loooooool Buzz Rothfield just used making the PM's team as a reason for Ramien winning rookie of the year
What a clown. It's not like Isaako has played for his country or anything.

Congrats Jamayne, Rookie of the Year.

Congrats Jamayne, Rookie of the Year.
Can turn it off now. None of our players will even get a mention throughout the night. Not even in the hype promotion at the beginning. It's embarrassing how this club is treated by the NRL and the media. I can imagine why they spear headed a new comp in the 90's. Needs to happen again

Future Broncos Coach, Anthony Seibold gets coach of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.