NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this is an idiot saying offensive stuff in the context of a football game when emotions are running high. Not as bad as say a bouncer denying entry to someone to a pub because they are Aboriginal, for example.

MANY Indigenous people will disagree with your comment.

Honest to God people, I had to read the comment 3 times before I saw any racism in it, and only then because I was looking for it

I saw it as an insult at an opposition player, but not racism

I guess that makes me the minority

Honest to God people, I had to read the comment 3 times before I saw any racism in it, and only then because I was looking for it

I saw it as an insult at an opposition player, but not racism

I guess that makes me the minority

Truthfully? So you are telling me it took you several reads to understood saying ‘want a dollar so you sniff ethanol’ to an aboriginal person is racist?

Yeah mate, I would reckon you are in the minority.

Holy shit really?! The metho comment has been around forever

Yeah but what kind of twat calls it ethanol? And all the slurs I heard about it were drinking it. Paint or glue was for sniffing. This heckler was particularly stupid.

What a fucked up thing to say to one of the best indigenous players of all time, hope they ban the piece of shit for life.

Bit controversial here but I really think its time for some of these players to toughen up. I hear alot worse at my local footy and the players just laugh at them or give it back to them verbally. They dont sulk in a corner claiming racism at first sight. I dont think some of these guys would cope with some of the things said in bush football. And the funniest thing, its normally people of the same ethinicity calling out others

Breaking News: Racism now considered acceptable world wide, anyone still taking offense needs to "toughen up".

Some people are so delusional, it's kind of sad.

Racism is not acceptable anywhere but somebody saying something racist at a football ground doesn't need to become national news either. Also as has already been pointed out you have to love the double standard ie. Johns. Nobody was calling for him to have a lifetime ban from the game. Gallen also said racist things too. Kinda reminds me of the Adam Goodes incident. When a 13 year old girl used the term ape(a term I had no idea and didn't even consider was considered racist) the media labelled her the face of racism in Australia. When Eddie McGuire made a similar comment a week later the media labelled it a gaffe.

Truthfully? So you are telling me it took you several reads to understood saying ‘want a dollar so you sniff ethanol’ to an aboriginal person is racist?

Yeah mate, I would reckon you are in the minority.

Sadly, yeah, I did not see the racism until I put on a miners helmet and went digging for it :(

I can never work out the racist fan in RL. It's a sport that has a high percentage of indigenous, Islanders, Maoris and the sport would be incredibly lame if it was just a bunch of white guys. Talk about following the wrong sport. Get rid of them for life, we don't need these wankers damaging the reputation of the game.

Why is it taking so long to identify the person? I am skeptical about the whole thing. There has been different versions put out there as to what was supposedly said.

Did it even happen? Or were Souths looking for invent something to deflect from their 0/2 start to the season.

Why is it taking so long to identify the person? I am skeptical about the whole thing. There has been different versions put out there as to what was supposedly said.

Did it even happen? Or were Souths looking for invent something to deflect from their 0/2 start to the season.

You honestly think that Greg Inglis made up that someone racially abused him to divert attention from his teams poor start?

You honestly think that Greg Inglis made up that someone racially abused him to divert attention from his teams poor start?

It's possible. No one has been identified. Saturday was a long time ago.

I can never work out the racist fan in RL. It's a sport that has a high percentage of indigenous, Islanders, Maoris and the sport would be incredibly lame if it was just a bunch of white guys. Talk about following the wrong sport. Get rid of them for life, we don't need these wankers damaging the reputation of the game.

It's an easy sledge. It's that simple tbh. I don't agree with it, simply giving the why.

It's possible. No one has been identified. Saturday was a long time ago.

Do you know how many people were at that game?

It's going to take some time to identify the person...

Interesting aside: I moved from Brisbane to North Queensland 25 years ago (age 15). Plenty of towns up this way with kids "on the turps", literally. Not all aboriginal either, not by a long shot. Sure, the communities get most of the press, but seriously, some towns "out the back" are just dead ends, no matter what colour you are.

Interesting aside: I moved from Brisbane to North Queensland 25 years ago (age 15). Plenty of towns up this way with kids "on the turps", literally. Not all aboriginal either, not by a long shot. Sure, the communities get most of the press, but seriously, some towns "out the back" are just dead ends, no matter what colour you are.
Yeah you can drive through Brisbane city and see all sorts huffing paint. I feel sorry for them if anything. Get some real drugs ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.