NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 4 officials from the Warriors-Eels game are being dropped for this weekends games

the 4 officials from the Warriors-Eels game are being dropped for this weekends games
Don't agree with this, everyone makes mistakes. Not the way for them to learn. fucked up organisation

Don't agree with this, everyone makes mistakes. Not the way for them to learn. fucked up organisation

The performance from the refs in those games was beyond "just making mistakes". They were absolutely fucking abysmal. It was one of the worst performances I've seen in years.

The Gold Coast are set to announce Justin Holbrook as their new coach for 2020. In typical Gold Coast fashion, the decision makers were split on the decision, but supposedly Holbrook interviewed extremely well and won the majority over.

Justin Holbrook's Coaching Experience
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs NSW Cup: 2010 (Premiers), 2011 (Premiers)
St. George Illawarra Dragons NYC: 2012 (Prelim Finalists), 2013 (11th)
Parramatta Eels NYC: 2014 (Prelim Finalists)
Sydney Roosters Assistant Coach: 2015 - 2017
St. Helens ESL Coach: 2017 (Prelim Finalists), 2018 (Prelim Finalists), 2019 (1st*)

Perhaps the most promising aspect of Holbrook's coaching resume is the years his teams failed to make the finals. In 2013 and 2016 Holbrook oversaw a youth movement that would go onto catapult the side into finals content the following year. It suggests he's the right type of fit because the Gold Coast need to make the most of the young talent while making tough decisions on senior personnel.

Last edited:
The performance from the refs in those games was beyond "just making mistakes". They were absolutely fucking abysmal. It was one of the worst performances I've seen in years.

And that says a lot, there are pretty abysmal examples every weekend.

That female ref has been very impressive by he way, showing all the male refs up easily thus far.

not NRL related ...

but i want to take a second to bag out Leeds Rhinos.

They sacked David Furner a mere 14 games into a 3 year deal, after asking him to relocate to the other side of the world ....

not NRL related ...

but i want to take a second to bag out Leeds Rhinos.

They sacked David Furner a mere 14 games into a 3 year deal, after asking him to relocate to the other side of the world ....
If he got paid the 3 years out that's a huge win. Wish that would happen to me.

If he got paid the 3 years out that's a huge win. Wish that would happen to me.

Does he keep his work visa too? Far out, that's amazing! Three years to live in Europe, paid!

I watched that show with Fittler and Johns and they were saying he is a rookie coach. So three years or so is a rookie now? Is that how they felt about Trent Robinson?

Warren Smith a bit spot on...

Reactions: LGH
Two years is enough time to determine if a coach has what it takes. To be honest a year should be long enough to observe positive changes even if only half of the squad you've inherited start showing good signs. I understand that a coach needs longer to build the squad he wants but a good coach improves what he/she has and that's the truest guide, at least as far as I'd judge the team.

I watched that show with Fittler and Johns and they were saying he is a rookie coach. So three years or so is a rookie now? Is that how they felt about Trent Robinson?

Very different situation walking into the Roosters than the Titans. Should have gone with someone that has NRL experience.

I am no Griffin fan but he would have been perfect for a few years, as an ex-Bronco he would have suited their recruitment criteria too. His first signing could have been Josh Hoffman and he would of had the gang back together.

Last edited:
Anyone been watching Keeping The Faith: 25 Years of the Warriors?

It's actually a pretty good watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.