NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when the Eels couldn’t sign Folau for way under market value despite both parties being happy with the deal? How can the rorters get away with the same thing?

the Eels were pretty much trying to sign him for a can of coke and a mars bar, which is why it was prevented

"There won't be a salary cap scandal under my watch" says Greenberg, as he confidently feeds documents in to the shredder.

Is there any evidence that the Roosters are rorting the salary cap?

I mean actual proof not make believe stuff or conspiracy theories?

It is totally absurd to think the NRL would look the other way on a team cheating the salary cap in this day and age.

They seem to have mastered the art of moving players on and bringing in new ones at just the right time.

In an ideal world, I hope Nick Politis and Wayne Bennett find their way onto the ARLC.

With their wealth of knowledge and experience, imagine what they could do to grow the game.

There were heaps of rumours in the past about the shady deals Politis pulls off to get the players he wants. He's got his hands in a few businesses, including cars and real estate I believe, that it wouldn't be surprising at all.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg and Daily Telegraph journalist Paul Kent have fired up over the possibility of moving the grand final away from Sydney.
  • October 6, 2019 12:32pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
Oct 6 2019
6:30PM

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is seen during a press conference in Sydney, Monday, September 30, 2019. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi) NO ARCHIVING
NRL CEO Todd Greenberg is seen during a press conference in Sydney, Monday, September 30, 2019. (AAP Image/Bianca De Marchi) NO ARCHIVINGSource: AAP

ANZ Stadium and the Sydney Football Stadium are undergoing or about to undergo rebuilds, which may potentially jeopardise the ability to play the final in the city.
The SCG will be in the mix, but if stadiums aren’t completed on time it could see the game be shifted to Brisbane.
Scroll down for our live Grand Final Day blog.
MATCH CENTRE: Roosters vs Raiders
Replay the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final in full on KAYO SPORTS. Get your 14 day free trial and start streaming instantly >

Cronk hunting 3 in a row

Cronk hunting 3 in a row
2:37
But Kent said it was a case of the game selling out for dollars.
“Shouldn’t the game stand for something and honour its tradition?” Kent said on Triple M. “And I get the fact that we are a national competition now. But the fact is that this is a competition that sprung out of Sydney the teams that are outside of Sydney were invited to participate in this in this competition in the games growth.
MORE NRL NEWS
ONE THE MOVE? Players’ futures up in the air as Raiders set to pay price of success
FIVE REASONS: Why the Roosters and the Raiders can win the NRL Grand Final
SLIPPED AWAY: Warriors let Taukeiaho walk. Now he leads the NRL in run metres

“But the game has historically always been in Sydney if you begin to give away your past all the time eventually you have no past.”
Origin of the Viking clap

Origin of the Viking clap
1:21
Greenberg responded: “First of all, we’ve committed to 25 years more Grand Final in Sydney so we’ve committed to that.
Kent interjected, by saying: “That would be more of a reason to continue the flow rather than taking one game and prostitute yourself by taking it to Brisbane for the bucks, which is what it’s all about. Everyone tells me how great Suncorp is and then on top of that they couldn’t sell out Origin.
“All these people are telling me that there’s this great untapped resource in Brisbane where how much more they love footy, I just think it’s just poppycock.”

[automerge]1570331494[/automerge]
Not sure if Kent says these things to be controversial or he’s just a natural idiot?

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure this is exactly how Sydney fans, media, and the game's powerbrokers think. It's still a Sydney game, we should just be grateful we're allowed to play in it.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly how Sydney fans, media, and the game's powerbrokers think. It's still a Sydney game, we should just be grateful we're allowed to play in it.
Exactly why Super League started.

Another stupid comment from Kunt.

He literally said a few weeks ago that this is a Sydney game and people outside Sydney need to remember we invited them into it.

He literally said a few weeks ago that this is a Sydney game and people outside Sydney need to remember we invited them into it.
He also said, a while ago, that Rugby League needed the journalists, not the other way around.

The guy is a deadset flog !!

Kangaroos Squad to face Tonga & NZ later this month -

Josh Addo-Carr
Daly Cherry-Evans
Boyd Cordner
Damien Cook
Nick Cotric
Tyson Frizell
Wade Graham
Payne Haas
Ben Hunt
Luke Keary
David Klemmer
Latrell Mitchell
Cameron Munster
Cameron Murray
Josh Papalii
James Tedesco
Jake Trbojevic
Paul Vaughan
Jack Wighton

I assume we'll put out a full strength squad against NZ and then give a couple of the other boys in the squad a run against Tonga. This would probably be my 17 against NZ -

1. Tedesco
2. Addo-Carr
3. Mitchell
4. Munster
5. Cotric
6. Keary
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Klemmer
9. Cook
10. Haas
11. Cordner (c)
12. Frizell
13. Trbojevic

14. Wighton
15. Murray
16. Vaughan
17. Papalii

So now Cronk is retired who do the Roosters buy with his money for halfback? I have a feeling they may get Croft from under our noses.

So now Cronk is retired who do the Roosters buy with his money for halfback? I have a feeling they may get Croft from under our noses.

Flanagan.

DCE they’ll make it work

Oh they already have one. Wonder who Cronk's money is gonna get them then, probably 3 or 4 topliners.

Reportedly a lot of his money is going towards pay-rises for Tedesco, Keary, Mitchell etc. who were in line to receive more money in their final year. There was talk that back-ended deals were going to be abolished, but it appears that plan hasn't been put into action.

Australia Nines squad

Josh Addo-Carr
Jai Arrow
AJ Brimson
Nathan Brown
Kyle Feldt
Tyson Frizell
Reuben Garrick
Wade Graham
Clint Gutherson
Ben Hunt
Mitchell Moses
Ryan Papenhuyzen
Kalyn Ponga
Curtis Scott
Cody Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.