NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I thought the NRL had already stonewalled any chance of Bubbler being registered?

I thought they ok'd a return for him but he only got 1 or 2 offers(Cows maybe?) which he turned down because the contracts had a zero tolerance alcohol stipulation in them.

To be replaced by Cronk I'd imagine.

Gaz had potential but struggled to present himself as a broadcaster.

1 down, and if it was up to me, 7 more to go.

Who else is on your hit list?

Anasta, Blocker, Parker, Finch, Walters are all horrible as well, off the top of my head.

Hook was a train wreck when he was calling.

Both Hodges and Buderus are pretty useless as well.

Wasn't a fan of the Ginnane experiment.

I was trying to be generous towards Blocker and Kev, but wouldn't miss them if they were to leave.

Would say the same of Brandy but he's been around so long at this point he'd get by on tenure. I feel like he and Waz are an iconic pair at this stage.

Thank God for that. Gasnier was blatantly biased when commentating Broncos games. Hopefully Brandy follows him out the door.

I actually don't mind Blocker as a colour commentator, but you can't pair him with a bad play by play caller otherwise the call turns to shit. The same applies for Kevvie and Finch I guess.

EDIT: Anasta is shit.

Last edited:
Now they need to **** off Nable.

I'd give Hodgo another year or two to see if he can grow into the rolw. The bloke has a head for footy.

Anyone know anything about Latrell's brother Shaquille? Aparently has been given a contract at Souths. Is he getting a spot in their 30? Part of Latrell's deal?

Anyone know anything about Latrell's brother Shaquille? Aparently has been given a contract at Souths. Is he getting a spot in their 30? Part of Latrell's deal?

Older brother came through the Roosters junior system as a prop forward. Last year he was named in their original NRL squad until he completely vanished. Supposedly he quit mid-way through pre-season for some undisclosed reason.

I'm surprised he's having another crack, it would be his third attempt.

It's an admission I wasn't following his story that closely. 😄

I just remember being surprised to see his name listed since he had been out of the game for awhile and then within months he quietly left the club.

I just remember the story because it was between him and Zac Saddler for the most unlikely NRL contract holders in 2019.

apparently he had signed a deal with Blacktown recently ... but turned up at Souths for a "train and trial" deal without telling Blacktown he was leaving.

also he apparently weighs 147 kg and isn't even ready to be a part of the Blacktown top squad yet.

Richardson is claiming that Souths weren't aware he had signed an agreement with Blacktown and said that if he has a contract with them, and they want to hold him to that contract, then he will be playing for Blacktown

Last edited:
not NRL related as such but reports out of the UK are that Bennett is set to lose his position as coach of England ... Shaun Wane (Wigan coach) is the front runner to succeed him.

won't actually be a sacking as his contract expired at the end of 2019 ... more that he is unlikely to have his contract renewed. he reportedly still wants to continue in the role

I can tell you first hand, he is useless
Couldn’t even make first grade at dubbo cyms.
Only there to keep latrell happy. Like we did with marmim barba when we signed Ben

I can tell you first hand, he is useless
Couldn’t even make first grade at dubbo cyms.
Only there to keep latrell happy. Like we did with marmim barba when we signed Ben

Or Mosese Pangai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.