NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but the NRL will be live streaming judiciary hearings in 2020 for transparency reasons.

I also read that they are reducing the number of comparible incidents that can be used during a hearing from 3 to 1 ... apparently they don't want the focus to be on past incidents (otherwise all people will be doing is talking about their inconsistency)

and allowing players to accept one additional monetary fine for minor offences to avoid them missing finals (i assuming it could be used to avoid missing origins as well)

Last edited:
Apparently the Cowboys poached Tabuai-Fidow from the Reds for $2,000.

And they wonder why Union is dying.. they haven't got a clue about talent even if it's under their nose. No different than us stealing Perese from the Reds.

And they wonder why Union is dying.. they haven't got a clue about talent even if it's under their nose. No different than us stealing Perese from the Reds.
He seems extremely talented but way too much emphasis on "potential" due to a young players speed. Give me game awareness, attitude, tackle breaking ability, footwork... And so on.... Over speed. He may have those things, but I'll save my judgement until I see him play with 13...

No shot on him BTW, moreso on the emphasis on players being 1 second faster over 100 metres. There's been dozens of "fastest ever" juniors the last few years alone who haven't grasped the nrl

He's one of the my favourite players coming though, love how he runs for some reasons. Just his action and serve away from guys on the outside has intrigued me since round one last year.

Parents sent him down to BGS and he played Rugby and did some Reds academy stuff. Cowboys signed him and took him back home to school- Cowboys got Gilbert out of that BGS side too.

He is a Cairns kid and played for the Pride and Brothers but the Cowboys were smart last year and moved him to Townsville to be coached by Bowen at the BH. His game went nuts under Bowen.

His year last year was outstanding- his game against Dolphins was out of this world- I have spoken about it a bit and his four tries were fantastic but he was unbelievable all year three against the Jets in 40 degree heat when no one wanted to run was unbelievable too in round one.

Queensland Under 18 I thought he was very good in defence but quiet in attack but Australian school boys he was terrific, in both games Walker was his mark and read him well.

I completely agree with getting trainers off of the field. what a gee up. We’ve been the the biggest perpetrators too.

I love Alfie but how long he’s in the field is taking the piss and our halves and onfield directing has been abysmal even with him there so it’s obviously not helping.

Alfie is just victim of recognition. I’m sure most other teams have trainers on there just as long, it’s just that they’re faceless/not a bald 5”1 man that everyone knows

Alfie is just victim of recognition. I’m sure most other teams have trainers on there just as long, it’s just that they’re faceless/not a bald 5”1 man that everyone knows
As evidenced by the slightly taller bald dude who copped a falcon in last year's grand final.

Every single club has a runner who spends a shit ton of time on the field.

If Alfie didn't have the profile that he does, I guarantee you this would not be anywhere near as much of an issue as it is, but he happens to be one of the greatest of all time and he's running around behind our guys barking orders like he's still got a jersey on. If it was Ben Ikin or Paul Hoff running around out there, not a soul would be whining about it.

"When he came to the Broncos in 2018 we thought Pat did a great job for us," Bennett told NRL.com.

"Last year was last year and we all know what happened at the Broncos, but we took him on a train and trial situation here and he will be getting himself a contract, and he's really earned it.

"Pat has worked really hard and lost the weight he needed to lose. I've been really pleased with him and he should be really happy with himself.

Maybe I'm just naive but I choose to read that as Mago getting lost in the shuffle, not the club losing it's way.

I genuinely hope he goes well at Souths and I agree with a lot of Wayne's assessment in the article.

Last edited:
Noticed that, also says he's lost 9 kilos and never wanted to leave the Broncos.

Look, I genuinely hope he plays well too. There was a real dearth of quality centres in the competition last year so it would be nice to see Jimmy play to his ability again. I was not a fan of seeing Alex Glenn, Coen Hess, Kyle Turner etc. lining up in the centres.

Last edited:
James Roberts has spoken out again about leaving us ... saying he's a lot happier now, that he's at a club that's a lot more welcoming

It was really to see he mention that besides all that he was grateful to the Broncos for all the chances he was given and the reputational damage they risked on his behalf.

Oh wait, no that’s what someone with a mental age greater than a toddler would have said.

Last edited:
There’s another quote from Roberts about a sprint race between Addo-Carr and H T-F,
“It would be interesting to see him and Fox have a race (but) I’ll leave that race to them.
“I can’t be bothered doing that kind of stuff.”
Sums him up really.

That’s the true essence of James Roberts right there.

Noticed that, also says he's lost 9 kilos and never wanted to leave the Broncos.

Look, I genuinely hope he plays well too. There was a real dearth of quality centres in the competition last year so it would be nice to see Jimmy play to his ability again. I was not a fan of seeing Alex Glenn, Coen Hess, Kyle Turner etc. lining up in the centres.

He needs to get his problematic achilles sorted out tbh. In the right setup there is no doubt the Jimmy is a weapon.

The guy who killed his kids today is being called an ex nrl player by the media. He never even played 1st grade. Unsure of the thread this belongs in.

Last edited:
The guy who killed his kids today is being called an ex nrl player by the media. He never even played 1st grade. Unsure of the thread this belongs in.
Yeah, I just couldn't believe that was how they headlined the story. Even if he had have played NRL, WTF has his domestic issues got to do with the game. Anything to try and sully the game it seems.

Yeah, I just couldn't believe that was how they headlined the story. Even if he had have played NRL, WTF has his domestic issues got to do with the game. Anything to try and sully the game it seems.

Pure clickbait garbage, plain and simple. Don't even talk to me about ethical journalism because that shit is dead and buried. It's all about the desperate scramble for ad revenue in a heated 24 hour news cycle now.

Last edited:

The News thread in General would be the best spot.

The news just came in an hour ago that the mother lost her life in hospital. Allegedly she claimed that the husband had doused her in petrol as she escaped the inferno. Supposedly the husband had self-inflicted stab wounds which points to a murder-suicide.

EDIT: The incident occurred on Raven st. in Camp Hill. According to the Daily Mail, Hannah's parents lived there and she was getting ready to drop the kids off to school when Rowan dived into the car, doused them in petrol and set the car alight.

Hannah was able to escape the inferno and was rolling on the ground when a nearby neighbour tried to hose her down.

Supposedly Rowan also escaped the inferno, but stabbed himself in the chest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  • Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.