NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm ok.....so the NRL a rubbing players out for weeks for hitting players hard...................yet the NRL are using clips of players hitting other players hard in their promos..............................🤨

This is advertising. They finally made a good one that didn't have some shitty rap or pop song playing.

Really good ad that... a lot of action with the big hits... you could definitely see a couple Americans flicking over to check it out with the big hits

They probably need to be on ESPN or a network, as the casual viewer might flick it on for a watch. Asking them to subscribe and stream might be a bit much

Hopefully they dont flick it on for a dogs game though 😒😒😒

Last edited:
I reckon the Broncs should have let Niu go play for the Warriors. It’s great for him and the team moving forward. This way he gets experience and game time, something he isn’t getting not being in the team. We also get a really good chance to look at him in FG.

AFL suspended, but V'landys reckons NRL will still go ahead.

I feel like at some point the government is going to step in and put a stop to it.

AFL suspended, but V'landys reckons NRL will still go ahead.

I feel like at some point the government is going to step in and put a stop to it.
Imagine how bogan and inept we are going to look to everyone if it infects squads and spreads because NRL were too pigheaded to do it.

Imagine how bogan and inept we are going to look to everyone if it infects squads and spreads because NRL were too pigheaded to do it.
Ahhh, NRL look inept? Really? ****, it's never bothered them in the past!

They are pig headed because they know that any elongated spell from the game is disastrous for the code. Any game with a 9 million dollar salary cap where most clubs run at a loss but only appeals to a certain section of fans in a certain part of Australia was always going to be vulnerable to things like a pandemic, war, a massive weather event etc. It simply isn't popular enough to be able to withstand a once in a lifetime occurence.

The NRL as we knew it is finished but it will recover but that will take many years. 16 team comps and million dollar paydays will be a thing of the past and what comes out on the other side is anyone's guess. They will have no choice to shut down in the days/weeks to come.

Why not put it in one town? I get that it takes players away from their families but they could all go there couldn't they? Place them all in Alice Springs or something.

It's
Every NRL player in 1 town for 6 months. Imagine the scandals.

It's Calliope though, you couldn't get in a scandal there if you tried. It's a town too boring for scandal.

Ok
It's

It's Calliope though, you couldn't get in a scandal there if you tried. It's a town too boring for scandal.
Ok so I just read up on it and the plan would be to play every game at the one ground. It's laughable, it's so NRL. Remember how shit Lang Park looked at the end of one magic round.

Ok

Ok so I just read up on it and the plan would be to play every game at the one ground. It's laughable, it's so NRL. Remember how shit Lang Park looked at the end of one magic round.
Imagine how pissed off clubs would be as the condition of the ground degrades far beyond the norm and the injury toll grows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Stix
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.