NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wane would be an incredibly bold choice. Certainly would be intriguing to see how it unfolded if he got the job. We've had some good results our of English Forwards and some poor results out of the English Backs, so the Coaches are really an unknown quantity.

Payten seems the more conservative and therefor likely option though.

Payten is a great option. I would not be disappointed at all if the Broncos took a punt on him if for some reason Kevvie and Hook fall through.

Slothfield reporting that Payten has won the race folr the Cowboys job. Reckons the deal will be confirmed on Wednesday

Slothfield reporting that Payten has won the race folr the Cowboys job. Reckons the deal will be confirmed on Wednesday

Cowboys have struck gold with that appointment, he's an elite coach in the making.

Cowboys have struck gold with that appointment, he's an elite coach in the making.

I dunno, there have been some many coaches that looked good in the first season and then got exposed because they couldn't adjust or due to other factors. There was this Broncos coach I'm trying to remember the name of, it's probably been too long now... he had some success at a different club before being exposed here.

I dunno, there have been some many coaches that looked good in the first season and then got exposed because they couldn't adjust or due to other factors. There was this Broncos coach I'm trying to remember the name of, it's probably been too long now... he had some success at a different club before being exposed here.

Yes of course but look at what he has been able to do with the Warriors despite crazy circumstances, he speaks an excellent game too. He's a talent.

it took a howler going against the Roosters for the NRL to make changes to the bunker.

from this weekend, the ex players in the bunker have been axed and they will only have one person in the bunker making decisions

it took a howler going against the Roosters for the NRL to make changes to the bunker.

from this weekend, the ex players in the bunker have been axed and they will only have one person in the bunker making decisions

Well at least they got to common sense I suppose.

Yeah, don’t worry about us winning our challenge but not getting the ball.

Dean Young has reportedly told the Dragons he won't be at the club in 2021 (he was the one assistant hook wanted to keep)

he is expected to take up an assistants position at a rival club

Confirmation today that Fonua-Blake will join the Warriors next season on a 3 year deal.

They're going to field a pretty impressive roster next season -

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Maumalo
3. Aitken
4. Hiku
5. Fusitu'a
6. Nikorima
7. Harris-Tevita
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Ah Mau
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Tevaga

14. Lawton
15. Evans
16. Taunua-Brown
17. Murdoch-Masila

Forward depth: Blair, Paasi, Murchie, Afoa, Papali'i
Backs depth: Beale, Herbert, Perham, Pompey

Genuinely a top 8 side.

Looks good on paper but they won't be making the finals.

They just can't click.

Confirmation today that Fonua-Blake will join the Warriors next season on a 3 year deal.

They're going to field a pretty impressive roster next season -

1. Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Maumalo
3. Aitken
4. Hiku
5. Fusitu'a
6. Nikorima
7. Harris-Tevita
8. Fonua-Blake
9. Egan
10. Ah Mau
11. Katoa
12. Harris
13. Tevaga

14. Lawton
15. Evans
16. Taunua-Brown
17. Murdoch-Masila

Forward depth: Blair, Paasi, Murchie, Afoa, Papali'i
Backs depth: Beale, Herbert, Perham, Pompey

Genuinely a top 8 side.
With a genuine bottom 8 coach, so they should finish out of the 8 again.

With a genuine bottom 8 coach, so they should finish out of the 8 again.
Will be interesting to see what excuses the media come up with for their old mate if he can't get that squad firing.

Probably one of the better teams on paper and more than what Brown has had to work with since his dragons days

I'm not willing to call Brown a bad coach just yet, this is comfortably the most complete roster he's walked in to. Every other time he's had to re-build a club with a bunch of dreadful contracts. You could argue that the Warriors don't have any bad contracts at this stage. Maybe Nikorima is a tad overpaid, if you want to be picky.

I'd be quite surprised if they're not in the top 8 next season personally. Especially with teams like the Sharks poised to fall off a cliff with SJ unlikely to play for the majority of 2021 and a bunch of aging has-beens like Woods, Fifita, Townsend & Dugan weighing them down.

Very early days obviously, but based on rosters and current trajectories, this would be my projected top 8 for next season, in no particular order -

Storm, Roosters, Raiders, Panthers, Eels, Knights, Rabbitohs, Warriors.

Teams who will be thereabouts and may push in to the top 8 if everything goes well -

Sea Eagles, Titans, Broncos.

Teams who I give no hope of pushing for a top 8 spot -

Tigers, Bulldogs, Sharks, Cowboys, Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Painin the Haas
  • Tim K
  • Organix
  • Mr Fourex
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.