NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope this outbreak doesn't force a close down again, was so good had having the footy back even if just to complain about 6 losses in a row!

So move closer to the virus? This V’landys is such a fucking nswrl homer, how stupid can you be.

V'landys seems to be excellent, hard to get a full picture just looking at snapshots but he appears excellent and the NRL was one of the first comps to restart. Could you imagine this years restart happening with Peter Beattie in charge? We would still be arguing about the latest woke initiative rather than watching games and arguing about which coach should be sacked first.

Last edited:
Let's hope this outbreak doesn't force a close down again, was so good had having the footy back even if just to complain about 6 losses in a row!
Weird, I want it shutdown! So many benifits

So move closer to the virus? This V’landys is such a fucking nswrl homer, how stupid can you be.
If they have to be isolated in one state, NSW is the best just due to the number of stadiums IMO.

I'd hope the Queensland teams tell V'landys to shove his moving idea up his rear end. What a great idea. Lets move the teams from a state with practically no cases of Covid and move them closer to a state where the Virus is growing. What a cockwomble.

Last edited:
Having a crack at a 'Team of the Season - so far'

1. Clint Gutherson (Eels)
2. Sione Katoa (Sharks)
3. Stephen Crichton (Panthers)
4. Josh Morris (Roosters)
5. David Nofoluma (Tigers)
6. Shaun Johnson (Sharks)
7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. James Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
11. Angus Crichton (Roosters)
12. Tohu Harris (Warriors)
13. Isiaah Yeo (Panthers)

14. Dylan Brown (Eels)/Harry Grant (Tigers)
15. Junior Paulo (Eels)
16. Jason Taumalolo (Cowboys)
17. Siosua Taukeiaho (Roosters)

How about worst team of the year?

1. Holmes (Cowboys)
2. Oates (Broncos)
3. Marsters (Cowboys)
4. Smith (Bulldogs)
5. Isaako (Broncos)
6. Milford (Broncos)
7. Brooks (Tigers)
8. Wallace (Titans)
9. Lawton (Warriors)
10. Lodge (Broncos)
11. Proctor (Titans)
12. Jackson (Bulldogs)
13. Blair (Warriors)

14. Flegler (Broncos)
15. Joffa (Broncos)
16. McLean (Cowboys)
17. Croft (Broncos)

Coach: Seibold

There are a few other Broncos in contention too, what a rubbish season)

Having a crack at a 'Team of the Season - so far'

1. Clint Gutherson (Eels)
2. Sione Katoa (Sharks)
3. Stephen Crichton (Panthers)
4. Josh Morris (Roosters)
5. David Nofoluma (Tigers)
6. Shaun Johnson (Sharks)
7. Nathan Cleary (Panthers)
8. Josh Papalii (Raiders)
9. Cameron Smith (Storm)
10. James Fisher-Harris (Panthers)
11. Angus Crichton (Roosters)
12. Tohu Harris (Warriors)
13. Isiaah Yeo (Panthers)

14. Dylan Brown (Eels)/Harry Grant (Tigers)
15. Junior Paulo (Eels)
16. Jason Taumalolo (Cowboys)
17. Siosua Taukeiaho (Roosters)

Tedesco over Gutho
Michael Jennings over JMoz
BMoz over Katoa
RCG over JFH
Matterson over Tohu
D.Saifiti over Taumalolo

Those would be my changes.

Tedesco over Gutho
Michael Jennings over JMoz
BMoz over Katoa
RCG over JFH
Matterson over Tohu
D.Saifiti over Taumalolo

Those would be my changes.

Fair enough, I'll agree with Jennings and BMoz. I had SKatoa in just for the number of tries he's scored for a non-top 4 side. RCG v JFH is extremely close.

I think Teddy has been at his usual standard but those couple of missed games and Gutho's improvement made me lean towards him. Gutho is 1st for line break assists, second in try assists (to SJ), 1st for run metres and 1st for kick return metres. Teddy probably catches him but for now Gutho shades it.

Tohu is ahead of Matto in basically every important stat, including post contact metres, tackles and run metres. Matto is ahead for offloads, tackle busts and try assists - but you have to consider what sides these two play for. Tohu has basically carried the Warriors this season.

Lastly, you will be hard pressed to find a stat where DSaf is ahead of Lolo except tries and they have played the same number of games. I thought DSaf was excellent prior to his injury but even though Lolo is having a quiet season by his standards, he's still outperforming DSaf's numbers quite comfortably.

End of the day its a matter of opinion. The fact they are in the discussion shows they're playing bloody well.

Fair enough, I'll agree with Jennings and BMoz. I had SKatoa in just for the number of tries he's scored for a non-top 4 side. RCG v JFH is extremely close.

I think Teddy has been at his usual standard but those couple of missed games and Gutho's improvement made me lean towards him. Gutho is 1st for line break assists, second in try assists (to SJ), 1st for run metres and 1st for kick return metres. Teddy probably catches him but for now Gutho shades it.

Tohu is ahead of Matto in basically every important stat, including post contact metres, tackles and run metres. Matto is ahead for offloads, tackle busts and try assists - but you have to consider what sides these two play for. Tohu has basically carried the Warriors this season.

Lastly, you will be hard pressed to find a stat where DSaf is ahead of Lolo except tries and they have played the same number of games. I thought DSaf was excellent prior to his injury but even though Lolo is having a quiet season by his standards, he's still outperforming DSaf's numbers quite comfortably.

End of the day its a matter of opinion. The fact they are in the discussion shows they're playing bloody well.

In regards to Tohu, he's played lock essentially every game this season, hence why his numbers are so inflated. That's why I'd pick Matto over him.

In regards to Tohu, he's played lock essentially every game this season, hence why his numbers are so inflated. That's why I'd pick Matto over him.
Spot on. Tohu hasn't actually played Edge really at all since the break. No idea why they keep naming him there though, it's so weird.

If Fonua Blake didn't stop playing, he'd be prop of the year IMO. Though RCG went up another level during this time too.

Last edited:
If an Australian team was picked from NRL Fantasy points right now, it would look like this....

J. Tedesco
N. Cotric
J. Ramien
Z. Lomax
B. Morris
L. Keary
D. Cherry-Evans
P. Hass
D. Cook
J. Papalii
I. Yeo
J. Trbojevic
C. McInnes

K. Ponga
T. Frizzell
P. Vaughan
R. Campbell-Gillard

Not too shabby
I picked the top players in the position they are currently playing in, hence McInnes at lock

Last edited:
Anyone see the article about the NRL ratings taking a massive hit? Hahahaha you've got your wish Sydney clubs, so which one is going to be the sacrificial lamb with the money becoming less and less I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.