NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the melt down on social media blamming the broncos for drop in ratings is hilarious. Even vlandys chiming in.

Ive said it before but i still love seeing other fans go into meltdown mode realising how vital the broncos are for there clubs survival.

Its no wonder we are the most hated club. the envy we get even when we are rhe shittest team im the competition is rather comical.

Loved the reaction of JWH after the game when Jack Hetherington wanted to get all buddy buddy. They had a run in and Hetherington got the better of it IMO . Bit of old bull new bull but JWH was pissed even though the Roosters won.
No laughing and carrying on. It was all about I'll see you next time.

Meanwhile, back at the Broncos.......

Last edited:
Loved the reaction of JWH after the game when Jack Hetherington wanted to get all buddy buddy. They had a run in and Hetherington got the better of it IMO . Bit of old bull new bull but JWH was pissed even though the Roosters won.
No laughing and carrying on. It was all about I'll see you next time.

Meanwhile, back at the Broncos.......

I thought the fact that JWH wouldn’t shake his hand was pretty classless.

I thought the fact that JWH wouldn’t shake his hand was pretty classless.

Nah he acknowlwdged
him with a bit of a pat on the back but didnt want any truck with the rest of it.
I wish our players took it that personally when someone gets the better of them.

Keary plays lots of golf, I see... Bloody ridiculous, when you consider the NRL stopping Eels signing Israel due to market value.
$930 000 per season is nothing to scoff at. In fact it’s probably exactly what he is worth. The only thing that makes it look cheap is the disgustingly inflated contracts the won around by poorly managed clubs.

$930 000 per season is nothing to scoff at. In fact it’s probably exactly what he is worth. The only thing that makes it look cheap is the disgustingly inflated contracts the won around by poorly managed clubs.

Yeah I have no issue with 930k for Keary to remain at his current club, nice to see some loyalty...

I was reading it as 930k over 3yrs.
Per year for 3 years bro. 2.8mil.

I saw them chucking that misleading wording around as click bait.

Last edited:
It is $930k over three years now for salary cap purposes. But when the Roosters want to sign whichever big name it is later, it will be $930k per year. This is how their salary cap works.

I’d be livid if I were the Eels. They were denied signing Folau on minimum wage but the Roosters allowed to bring in SBW.

I don’t trust V’landys at all, he seems to be doing some really shady dealings but credit to him for not trying to hide the NSW bias of the comp.

Last edited:
It is $930k over three years now for salary cap purposes. But when the Roosters want to sign whichever big name it is later, it will be $930k per year. This is how their salary cap works.

I’d be livid if I were the Eels. They were denied signing Folau on minimum wage but the Roosters allowed to bring in SBW.

I don’t trust V’landys at all, he seems to be doing some really shady dealings but credit to him for not trying to hide the NSW bias of the comp.

Very different, Israel wanted a four year deal and Eels didn't have the money, so had to try spacing their cap out, paying him $110k then more later, the other clubs said no way and the NRL said no way. Turns out they were both right considering we know the Eels were dodgy as hell a few years later.

It didn't matter anyway, Rugby came in with a huge offer and suddenly Israel didn't want to be an Eel and duded Nolan after promising him he would come.

SBW is coming in for a more than fair price to play a few games. They let Gasiner sign for a fair price to come back and play the rest of 2010 and Lockyer was given a special low deal in 2011.

What are you guys talking about? It is reported at 2.8 million over 3 years which is 930k a year.

Last edited:

That Folau thing was one of the dumbest things the NRL has done. So yeah, pretty damn dumb!

That Folau thing was one of the dumbest things the NRL has done. So yeah, pretty damn dumb!
Or was it? The negative publicity and the huge hit to the coffers of the ARU to pay Folau a settlement has likely set Rugby in Australia back 20 years, if it even survives at all.

Perhaps leaving Folau in their camp did more for the long term future of the NRL than he could have ever done playing Rugby League.

Badel is claiming 3 CURRENTLY contracted NRL head coaches have applied for the Cowboys job. he didn't say which 3

reckons the front runners are: Payten, Brown, Griffin, Ryles or Hannay

Badel is claiming 3 CURRENTLY contracted NRL head coaches have applied for the Cowboys job. he didn't say which 3

reckons the front runners are: Payten, Brown, Griffin, Ryles or Hannay

Haha so everyone available.

@1910 Do you know if Gene Miles played for another Brisbane club before Wynnum? or am I getting him nixed up with Colin Scott

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.