NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little concerning that the year all our players are off contract and we are finally getting a big amount of cap space free to go to the market and fix our squad, potentially 2 new teams will be entering the player market - 60+ players needed to fill those teams and I’m sure they will be given extra cap space / other benefits to help put together strong teams.

is there any rule stopping a club doing it?

I personally have no strong feelings either way

SL did it to maximise individuals. Clubs don’t do it because it takes up sponsor space.

Storm did it for a few seasons.

Last edited:
I always figured it was because players don't have permanent jersey numbers like they do in other sports.

“I just hope Joseph is in a place where he’s comfortable and where he can play his best football. “I think he’s a good kid. We’re not quite sure what the difference is between our dollars and somebody else’s dollars, because theoretically the figures are the same. Who knows?”

Fox Sports: ‘Does it hurt? It’s a little perplexing’: Crowe breaks silence on Suaalii’s defection to Roosters. https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/c5f5cc020793045f2b5ce78b04af62db

Some jerseys would, some wouldn't sell at all.
I mean...they’re all the same jersey. You just pay like $11 and wait 5 minutes while they iron it on, like you can already do now except you don’t because you’re a grown man and don’t need to play dress-ups as Corey Oates.

I didn’t read the article but I can only assume what Ponga actually wants is to cash in on being the biggest celebrity in the sport by players getting paid royalties on their jersey sales. Because literally nothing is stopping anyone from going out and getting a Ponga jersey right now as it is.

PVL at the season launch, “I’d like to see the Gold Coast go well again this year “. We know Pete, we know you do.

He meant to say, "I'd like to say, the Gold Coast will be made to go well this year."

PVL at the season launch, “I’d like to see the Gold Coast go well again this year “. We know Pete, we know you do.

and to PVL, i'd say this:

"No shit Sherlock"

It's honestly disgusting for the chairman to make comments like that.

It absolutely stinks of unprofessionalism. An administrator of a sport should never show any emotion towards a team.

It should be almost like asking a ref about a particular team and they say no comment.

Also what's the go with mafia boss Vlandys, he's in the news wayyyy too much for a "chairman" they're meant to be behind closed doors for the most part. Attention whore. Seems to be in every good news story and palms off the bad news story and dirty work to his puppet Abdo.

Last edited:
It's honestly disgusting for the chairman to make comments like that.

It absolutely stinks of unprofessionalism. An administrator of a sport should never show any emotion towards a team.

It should be almost like asking a ref about a particular team and they say no comment.

Also what's the go with mafia boss Vlandys, he's in the news wayyyy too much for a "chairman" they're meant to be behind closed doors for the most part. Attention whore. Seems to be in every good news story and palms off the bad news story and dirty work to his puppet Abdo.
It confirms what a lot of us have been saying about the nrl being a rigged deck, this guy is so fucking dumb he just basically admitted to it.

He then delivered a thinly-veiled swipe at bitter rivals Sydney Roosters when asked whether the Rabbitohs were competition favourites. “For a start, we work to the salary cap, unlike other people who we won’t discuss. Those blokes who keep plucking magic players out of the sky. What’s the joke: it’s not a cap, it’s a sombrero, isn’t it?”
Russell Crowe 😂

drunk russel crowe GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jd87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Tmac
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Aldo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • Tim K
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Browny
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Astro
  • Griffo
  • Alec
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.