NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What integrity is there in our draw when teams don't play each other an even number of times? I wish these numpties would stop pretending there is any attempt at fairness or integrity in the game.

I feel like for all Vlandys faults (and there are MANY), at least he doesn't even try and make out as though he is trying to be fair or honest. Kudos for that I guess.

What integrity is there in our draw when teams don't play each other an even number of times? I wish these numpties would stop pretending there is any attempt at fairness or integrity in the game.
All of this! They should stop with the next team in brisbane and have everyone play each other twice. I still can’t believe it’s not a thing.

All of this! They should stop with the next team in brisbane and have everyone play each other twice. I still can’t believe it’s not a thing.
I don't think it's viable to play each other twice as that becomes a 30 game season... squads are barely surviving the 24 game season as it is.

I think what they need to do is just have it on a cycle... it's probably been years since we haven't had to play Melbourne twice in a season.

Assuming the 24 game format, a cycle may look something like:
- 15 games (vs each team once)
- 9 games vs teams played twice
> 3 rivalry games selected by the clubs (cows, titans, etc. for us)
> 6 remaining games are cycled through the other 12 teams (3 home, 3 away). So 1 year we play dogs twice and storm once, the next year we play dogs once and storm twice... and you flip around the home and away games as the cycle continues on.

I think that works out alright, but even if it doesn't you get the gist.

I don't necessarily like the 3 rivalry teams, but at least the draw can't be manipulated to have a team play the top 4 every year.

It becomes chance or luck on whether you happen to get a team playing shit in the 2 game part of the cycle, but even then most teams cant turn things around from 1 season to the next, unless it was injuries that caused the drop in form, so you'll probably end up getting the shit team during both the 1 game and 2 game parts of the cycle

If you can't play each team twice, next best thing would be to have a draw based on last year's ladder. If you finish top 8, you play the other top 8 teams twice, and the bottom 8 teams once.
Not my idea, someone else on here suggested it, and it's far too good to be considered by the NRL.

I dare say ole mate Vlando has given the broadcaster a pretty big say in picking the draw, most likely they try to match up the highest rating teams and most often.

Wests have won 4 games this year, they've beaten the same 2 teams, twice

I dare say ole mate Vlando has given the broadcaster a pretty big say in picking the draw, most likely they try to match up the highest rating teams and most often.
Nothing new, been this way as long as I can remember - way before PVL. Hence the Friday night Broncos.

If you can't play each team twice, next best thing would be to have a draw based on last year's ladder. If you finish top 8, you play the other top 8 teams twice, and the bottom 8 teams once.
Not my idea, someone else on here suggested it, and it's far too good to be considered by the NRL.

I've heard heaps of people suggest it tbh but it just makes too much sense. I do remember a media personality of some sort, I think it was on radio, suggested it when they were discussing some teams draw and the other people on the panel basically glossed over it and changed the subject.

Lots of agendas are swirling around atm. No surprise to see fox and 9 with opposing opinions on the crack down. The RLPA, or more accurately, Newton, is aggrieved because they (he) wasn't consulted. His relevancy has been challenged so he is pissed.

Anonymous sources being quoted as the senior players who want Lord V gone.

The only thing the fans want is consistency within and across each game. We all want a cleaner safer game but get confused and annoyed when we don't understand why we get different interpretations on the rules from 1 minute to the next including the set restarts.

Every team, some more than others, are at the mercy of harsh calls and games are being decided by the refs calls more than ever.

I seriously doubt he receives emails from thankful mums.
I still don't want my kid playing footy as a teenager unless they bring in weight restrictions. What happens at NRL level does not concern me whatsoever as a junior footy mum.

NRL pushing propaganda hard on 360 tonight.

Vlandys saved the game.
Vlandys primary concern is player health.
Then we have Mortimer come out of the woodworks talking about how bad his health is from headknocks, with zero medical evidence.
The entire panel telling the players to pull their head in and fall into line.
Do they not understand that 90% of all head contact is accidental, and unavoidable in a contact sport?
No matter how hard they crackdown on headhigh shots, players are still going to crash into hips, knees and shoulders (or torso's in Tedescos case).
Short of banning ALL contact and becoming touch footy, there will be headknocks and concussions and the potential litigation as a result of that down the track.

I wonder if Mortimer is suing the NRL for his condition, or if he has been payed handsomely by Vlandys/NRL to spruik their new "rules".

Its getting crazy.

NRL pushing propaganda hard on 360 tonight.

Vlandys saved the game.
Vlandys primary concern is player health.
Then we have Mortimer come out of the woodworks talking about how bad his health is from headknocks, with zero medical evidence.

Its getting crazy.
After fellating PVL for half an hour
Crawley comes in with “JDB is a bloke that lights up the room when he walks in it.”

Alrighty then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.