NRL General Discussion Thread - 2022

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Anna the Great has backflipped and banned the families of the relocated NRL players from entering QLD.

they were initially told that the families of the players could spend 2 weeks in quarantine for joining the players in their respective bubbles but were told today that won't happen

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
Anna the Great has backflipped and banned the families of the relocated NRL players from entering QLD.

they were initially told that the families of the players could spend 2 weeks in quarantine for joining the players in their respective bubbles but were told today that won't happen
That’s not gonna cause a stink with the players at all…

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Nothing to do with Anna, it was the CHO as the NRL hadn't provided COVID safe plans for the families.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
I think it's absolute bullshit Anastasia can let a bloke break the bubble for the birth of his baby but couldn't let a bloke go to his Brothers funeral yesterday and can't even give his parents a hug. Disgusting.

soup

International Rep
May 1, 2013
Threads
I think it's absolute bullshit Anastasia can let a bloke break the bubble for the birth of his baby but couldn't let a bloke go to his Brothers funeral yesterday and can't even give his parents a hug. Disgusting.
It’s plainly obvious that the people at the top are chasing their tails and constantly showing their ineptitude.

Wolfie

International Rep
Jan 14, 2015
Threads
It’s plainly obvious that the people at the top are chasing their tails and constantly showing their ineptitude.
I'm happy they let somebody be at the birth of their baby daughter, I just don't like the way a greiving family can be excluded.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
Phil Gould has quit the Warriors to take up a GM of football position at the Bulldogs

Gus says:

“My sincere appreciation and thanks to the Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury and his board, for their confidence in appointing me to this very important position,” Gould said.

“It’s a wonderful opportunity, with a great club. I played with the Bulldogs.

“This club gifted me my first ever coaching appointment back in 1986. To be returning to the Bulldogs many years later, in this role, is truly exciting.

“I look forward to rekindling old friendships, making new friendships, and enjoying the club’s journey back to the top of the National Rugby League”

Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury says:

“Phil Gould’s return to our club as general manager of football is phenomenal news for our club, its members, fans and stakeholders,” Khoury said.

“He was already part of an amazing run of success that the club had during the eighties and his influence during his time here is something that our fans will always be grateful for.

“Phil has a great relationship with head coach Trent Barrett and we firmly believe that he can help to drive us forward to getting back to where we need to be: namely as a premiership contender once again.”

BroncosAlways

NRL Captain
Jun 20, 2013
Threads
Phil Gould has quit the Warriors to take up a GM of football position at the Bulldogs

Gus says:

“My sincere appreciation and thanks to the Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury and his board, for their confidence in appointing me to this very important position,” Gould said.

“This club gifted me my first ever coaching appointment back in 1986. To be returning to the Bulldogs many years later, in this role, is truly exciting.

“I look forward to rekindling old friendships, making new friendships, and enjoying the club’s journey back to the top of the National Rugby League”

“Phil Gould’s return to our club as general manager of football is phenomenal news for our club, its members, fans and stakeholders,” Khoury said.

“He was already part of an amazing run of success that the club had during the eighties and his influence during his time here is something that our fans will always be grateful for.

“Phil has a great relationship with head coach Trent Barrett and we firmly believe that he can help to drive us forward to getting back to where we need to be: namely as a premiership contender once again.”

Well, that came out of nowhere!

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Threads

These are two very different situations.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads

Will QLD based players and families be allowed inside their bubbles? This has to be a massive psychological advantage to the QLD teams… I hope

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Threads

Gus says:

A lot (💰) can change in 10 months I guess

Or even 1 month

Latest posts

Who should be captain?

• Herbie Farnworth

• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoeyK

Members online

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.