NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSW Cup, Women’s Premiership, Jersey Flegg, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield all cancelled for the rest of 2021

reports that there is a shock contender for the GF ... NZ have come into consideration to host the game

If I am a Warriors player I would be fuming if they let them in to NZ to play the GF after essentially shutting them out of the country for the last year and a bit

NSW Cup, Women’s Premiership, Jersey Flegg, Ron Massey and Sydney Shield all cancelled for the rest of 2021
Dont think they had much of a choice given what's happening down there... doesnt look like it will be resolved anytime soon.

I'm hopeful the QRL ISC will be back up and running again soon though

I think its time to cancel this NRL season too and 100% blame NSW for it.

I had to laugh at Bennett urging PVL not to bow to the vested interests of the existing NRL clubs and push forward with expansion ...

translation: I need a job in Brisbane, so do what's in my best interests instead of the NRL's best interests

Some of the voting results on this poll really makes me fear for the future of our game. I'm old school and the amount of overwhelming voting supporting 6 agains and sin bins was depressing.

Yeah I did it too because I feel like this is the chance to actually at least tokenly influence the powers that be. Turns out I am out of touch with what fans want. Oh well, goodbye league in general, it was fun while it lasted.

Yeah I did it too because I feel like this is the chance to actually at least tokenly influence the powers that be. Turns out I am out of touch with what fans want. Oh well, goodbye league in general, it was fun while it lasted.
Yip we're now just an afterthought in the rearview mirror matey.

It seems fishy to me.

I could understand the set restarts because the media made a really strong case for it but nobody liked the sin-bin crackdown.

Certain picks seemed to be influenced by their placement as well.

Queensland needs its own arm of Rugby League media again.

Seeing the assholes in the NSW bubble on Nine and Fox completely gloss over how we were beaten on Friday night (and in the case of some like Slothfield, reveling in it. Go kill yourself with liver failure Buzz), the media landscape surrounding the game is thumbing its nose at QLD as a whole, not just the Broncos. It deadset feels like the Super League War never happened and the comp will go back to being called NSWRL any minute now. Kunt even went as far as getting into an argument with Tallis on Triple M about the Grand Final in Brisbane, more or less saying QLD were "invited" into the comp so we aren't entitled to anything. Deadset fuckstick.

You can see it on the ladder with Melbourne being the only non NSW team looking to make finals (funny that, and I can't see the Tits making it unless the NRL weaves their "fairy tale" magic), you can see it on 360 when Vonny gets shouted over just like Lara Pitt before her, you can see it in how the Fox show Queenslander got silently shit canned over the off season, and of course Origin where every talking head imaginable was willing the Blues on to the sweep then sooked it up when they failed (looking at you Kunt).

It is truly an infuriating time to be a supporter of Rugby League in QLD no matter who you support. The game is being centralized into NSW again and the results are obvious to anyone looking. Bring back the QLD Footy Show or something similar.

It seems fishy to me.

I could understand the set restarts because the media made a really strong case for it but nobody liked the sin-bin crackdown.

Certain picks seemed to be influenced by their placement as well.

Storm the leaders with 11% on "Which team do you support" question.

Nothing suss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• phoenix
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • Mr Fourex
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • HarryAllan7
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.