NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guess what shitlist we're NOT on?!

I suspect we'll have more teams looking over their shoulder next year. Not Melbourne of course :brickwall: But we've pushed the Panthers twice and should have beaten the Rorters twice. I'm sure we will face tougher games too as we'll be less likely to be underestimated, but I have no doubt we are top 8 material next year.

I like how there is a top 4 team in the list of teams who haven't beaten a top 4 team this year.

It does really expose how poor the quality has been across the competition when a top team can't even beat the best... it's like NRL has become EPL or even worse La Liga

Melbourne fans

Robots Free Yourself GIF by The Chemical Brothers

I like how there is a top 4 team in the list of teams who haven't beaten a top 4 team this year.

It does really expose how poor the quality has been across the competition when a top team can't even beat the best... it's like NRL has become EPL or even worse La Liga

I think that is giving too much credit. It is like the 2nd division comp with a two top level teams in it.

Annersley is right this second whinging about the criticism of referee's; going on about how there is no talk of handling errors, missed tackles etc (and gave stats for all the averages)

calls it over the top and rubbish and ranted for 5 minutes

They don’t have fans, they don’t even know what night they play on a weekly basis.
Shows how much you know!

They're the most supported team in the NRL*

*According to an NRL fan survey.

On a serious note, that's why I can't take that post seriously, either it's false (**** I hope so) and just stacked with Melbourne biased fans

Or... Even worse, most NRL fans are just bandwagon supporters and the game is actually appealing to filthy casuals.

this is painful ... he is now showing a dozen different examples in slomo about why Cleary shouldn't be charged.

p.s. the media on the zoom meeting just look bored

this is painful ... he is now showing a dozen different examples in slomo about why Cleary shouldn't be charged.

p.s. the media on the zoom meeting just look bored

Good on you for sticking it out.

taking one for the team ... saves you guys having to sit though his dribble

Certainly appreciated, I couldn't do it without harmful thoughts.

They just covered the Flegler head high.

Annesley just said it doesn't matter if it's soft the bunker can't ignore it. He also gave Brisbane credit for copping the decision and not blaming the officials.

No word on whether they can even challenge that decision. I thought Read was going to pipe up but he just made a joke about whether this was all a response to his tweets.

He missed the point big time.

so to summarize Annersley's dribble:
  • people shouldn't complain about officials
  • the NRL put their hands up when they make mistakes and he's ben doing it for 3 years
  • the correct decision was made in the Cleary shoulder charge case (no charge)
  • backs the refs on the Flegler penalty, says it was legitimate; says the bunker can't ignore the illegal act of Flegler ... then gives us and Kevvie credit for not blaming the ref.
  • backs the bunker in the Bulldogs shoulder to the head that prevented a Bulldogs try (even if there was no contact to the head (there was no charge), the Bulldogs hit a player without a ball anyway
  • Backs the ref in the Sharks penalty for pushing the Knights back into the in goal, because the ref yelled held 4 times ... backs the refs judgement about the timing of the held call.
he refuses to put his hand up and say that the refs got any of the controversial incidents wrong

he says the Flegler incident was able to be challenged because the play the ball hadn't taken place and it allowed the bunker to pick up the reason the ball was lost :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

No word on whether they can even challenge that decision. I thought Read was going to pipe up but he just made a joke about whether this was all a response to his tweets.

they did at the end ... Troy Whittaker asked:

Annersley said the incident was able to be challenged because the play the ball hadn't taken place and it allowed the bunker to pick up the reason the ball was lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Browny
  • kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.