NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
After listening to that, i need a scotch ... is it too early? 😛

they did at the end ... Troy Whittaker asked:

Annersley said the incident was able to be challenged because the play the ball hadn't taken place and it allowed the bunker to pick up the reason the ball was lost
I clicked off right after the Flegler incident. It was clear he was just going to flat bat anything missing the point that the high contact wasn't the issue. It was being able to challenge that when it had no direct involvement in the play.

Well I'm looking forward to Kent ranting and raving about how this kind of incident is exactly what the crackdown is for and why it is needed and Hooper to change his mind and agree 100 poicent as always tonight...or they will just more likely completely ignore it.

Love your work @Foordy , and forgive me if it's a deliberate in-joke that I've missed, but it hurts me everytime reading 'Annersley' when it's Annesley

Is anyone else getting sick of the NRL management treating its fans with disdain? Vlandys is a walking insult factory and Annersley today was quite frankly derogatory toward fans. They are basically constantly insinuating that fans should just suck it up and accept incompetence and errors AND enjoy it. What other 'professional' organisation comes out and shows such an attitude toward its fans?

Is anyone else getting sick of the NRL management treating its fans with disdain? Vlandys is a walking insult factory and Annersley today was quite frankly derogatory toward fans. They are basically constantly insinuating that fans should just suck it up and accept incompetence and errors AND enjoy it. What other 'professional' organisation comes out and shows such an attitude toward its fans?
i dont mind vlandys tbh, i think he's done the game more good then harm, except for a few rules and little things, but i think with a little bit of tweaking the game can be back to the best.

i dont mind vlandys tbh, i think he's done the game more good then harm, except for a few rules and little things, but i think with a little bit of tweaking the game can be back to the best.
Such as?

Well as i said i dont agree with the rules, I don't like the 6 again and the over reaction of high shots but the game was going that way unfortunately with brain damage etc. I believe the things he's done outside of the game to keep it going during covid times, even just a few weeks ago to keep games on when QLD went into lockdown, moving origins, moving the comp to QLD. He isn't perfect but we could have a lot worse i reckon

Well as i said i dont agree with the rules, I don't like the 6 again and the over reaction of high shots but the game was going that way unfortunately with brain damage etc. I believe the things he's done outside of the game to keep it going during covid times, even just a few weeks ago to keep games on when QLD went into lockdown, moving origins, moving the comp to QLD. He isn't perfect but we could have a lot worse i reckon

The AFL have had no problem doing the same and set the precedent in how to do it with Qld last year. Vlandys has also sold the tv rights deal quite short and these current rules are seeing a massive drop in quality of games and I expect resultantly, an alarming drop in ratings. He has also overseen a regime that has led to the Qld government NOT wanting the NRL grand final because it is likely a bad investment.

So for whatever perceived immediate positives he has bought (and I will debate this too), I ask you at what long term cost?

Shows how much you know!

They're the most supported team in the NRL*

*According to an NRL fan survey.

On a serious note, that's why I can't take that post seriously, either it's false (**** I hope so) and just stacked with Melbourne biased fans

Or... Even worse, most NRL fans are just bandwagon supporters and the game is actually appealing to filthy casuals.
They're the most supported team by the NRL

Melbourne confident of re-signing Brandon Smith long term. Interesting to see how they manage to wrangle B.Smith $800-$900k, Grant $900-$1 mill, Hughes $750-850, Munster $900-$1 mill & Papenhuyzen $750-850 into a $9.5million'ish salary cap

Melbourne confident of re-signing Brandon Smith long term. Interesting to see how they manage to wrangle B.Smith $800-$900k, Grant $900-$1 mill, Hughes $750-850, Munster $900-$1 mill & Papenhuyzen $750-850 into a $9.5million'ish salary cap
Stranger Things Bike GIF by Emmys

Let's be honest, if you wanted to cheat, this current regime is the perfect one to do it under.

Let's be honest, if you wanted to cheat, this current regime is the perfect one to do it under.
As long as everyone that is aware doesn’t dob on them who is going to find out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.