NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Maloney, the Seth Green of Rugby League
BE8DEF01 69AE 4DCC 893A 681CA9D0C0C5

Melbourne confident of re-signing Brandon Smith long term. Interesting to see how they manage to wrangle B.Smith $800-$900k, Grant $900-$1 mill, Hughes $750-850, Munster $900-$1 mill & Papenhuyzen $750-850 into a $9.5million'ish salary cap
Didn’t Paps re-sign for 600k, and didn’t Smith’s manager say that the $600k they offered to Smith was “more than they were expecting”.

Total bullshit but Paps and Smith on only $600k makes it far more possible. Especially when all their backs except Coates ($400k?) would be on close to minimum wage.

Didn’t Paps re-sign for 600k, and didn’t Smith’s manager say that the $600k they offered to Smith was “more than they were expecting”.

Total bullshit but Paps and Smith on only $600k makes it far more possible. Especially when all their backs except Coates ($400k?) would be on close to minimum wage.
Yeah gee that’s hard, if not impossible to believe given firstly he’s seemingly taking well below what other clubs would be willing to pay and secondly, he’s pretty much in the dark about what position he’ll play and certainly not the front runner for his preferred position.

He could sign for more money at ANY other club and have a mortgage on the hooker position, but no….

Commendable. Yes, you were fallible as we all are. I think it means we should ALL be mindful of our claims of certainty. Good stuff from you. Also, I think we could find many times I've been wrong...and owned it. Like, publicly owning it.

Still waiting for you to publicly admit that tackle efficiency isn't a reliable tool to measure if one is a good defender or not, but I suspect we'll never see that, despite how much you love to say that you always admit your mistakes.

In fact, I can't really recall you ever admitting you were wrong about anything, lol. But hey, if you say it enough, it must be true, right?

Still waiting for you to publicly admit that tackle efficiency isn't a reliable tool to measure if one is a good defender or not, but I suspect we'll never see that, despite how much you love to say that you always admit your mistakes.

In fact, I can't really recall you ever admitting you were wrong about anything, lol. But hey, if you say it enough, it must be true, right?
Well, clearly you're not paying attention as I have addressed that very thing. I have long known there's multiple facets to defence.

Well, clearly you're not paying attention as I have addressed that very thing. I have long known there's multiple facets to defence.

And by long known, you mean within the last 12 months, lol.

At least we got there eventually, despite how many back and forth arguments it took explaining it to you. Progress!

Let's not detail the thread any further shall we, send me a private message if you'd like to continue the discussion.

And by long known, you mean within the last 12 months, lol.

View attachment 14700
View attachment 14701

At least we got there eventually, despite how many back and forth arguments it took explaining it to you. Progress!

Let's not detail the thread any further shall we, send me a private message if you'd like to continue the discussion.
Actually I was only referring to tackling at the time and not defence as a whole but that was lost on you and others. Mind you, that was my fault for not being clearer. It was my view, still is that when assessing a players ability to make tackles the only thing that matters is how efficient he is. There are other facets concerning defence and I was always aware of them. **** pms. I reserve them for people I like and respect.

Actually I was only referring to tackling at the time and not defence as a whole but that was lost on you and others. Mind you, that was my fault for not being clearer. It was my view, still is that when assessing a players ability to make tackles the only thing that matters is how efficient he is. There are other facets concerning defence and I was always aware of them. **** pms. I reserve them for people I like and respect.

The quote is right there in my post lol, you can't lie about this one. You specifically said that tackle efficiency is the only thing that matters as it pertains to someone being good defensively.

Not only that, you had no idea how tackle efficiency was even calculated until I told you last month, yet, you were still making these claims with such conviction.

😂 😂

Probably shouldn't throw stones about other people having bad takes when you've made a career of them on here pal.

I'll move these posts to the general rugby league discussion thread so we can continue without disturbing the COVID thread any further.

I can recall him admitting errors few times.

Thankyou. I'm assuming you intended to have the letter A between errors and few.

I'm assuming you meant to have a space between Thank and you? It's two words in the context you're using it.

Thank you (verb to thank, direct object you) — this is how you say thank you. Essentially short for "I thank you".

Thank-you or Thankyou (noun) — an act of thanking. As in: "He gave a big thankyou for..."; "There were thank-yous all around".

Thank-you or Thankyou (modifier before a noun) — as in "a thankyou card".

We're all learning so much today! :)

HOLY **** ... the NRL are ripping off the Rocky fans badly.

Tigers vs Sharks will be played at Browne Park, Rockhampton on Saturday

General admission will cost $55
Reserved seating goes up to $100
Children (5-17) cost $33

this is outrageous

LOL @ The Titans.

they're so used to missing the finals that they've scheduled their awards night for the first week of the finals and since their in contention still they could end up playing an elimination final 2 days after their awards night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.