NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latrell, who has a history of high shots, gets 10 in the bin for shattering Manu’s face, meanwhile earlier in the year Hetherington is sent off for an accidental high shot.

Ahh NRL, the only sport in the world that changes it’s rules more often than most people change their undies.

Ahh NRL, the only sport in the world that changes it’s rules more often than most people change their undies.

This

Name a professional sport that changes the rules so often.

On second thoughts name an amateur sport that changes the rules so often

Wait, hold the phone, name a children playground game that changes the rules so often

This

Wait, hold the phone, name a children playground game that changes the rules so often

Hocking/AFL had five rule changes this season.

Hocking/AFL had five rule changes this season.

None of which fundamentally changed the game and all done with extensive consultation and trials first.

None of which fundamentally changed the game and all done with extensive consultation and trials first.
NRL’s version of “extensive consultation” - PVL - “I say that deliberate kicks to touch are now 7 tackle sets!”
Muppets around him - “Great words oh wise one! We’ll implement next game ASAP! Whatever your lordship wants!”

No they weren’t, the pre 2019 changes were trialled in three lower games the 2019 and 2021 changes weren’t trialled at all.

It’s only by luck they didn’t change the game., Hocking was after increased scoring and even reducing the interchange hasn’t got him what he wanted. Hocking had the keys to the rule castle the same as Pearce.

No they weren’t, the pre 2019 changes were trialled in three lower games the 2019 and 2021 changes weren’t trialled at all.

It’s only by luck they didn’t change the game., Hocking was after increased scoring and even reducing the interchange hasn’t got him what he wanted. Hocking had the keys to the rule castle the same as Pearce.

Clubs were consulted well in advance and again, it doesn't change the fact none of these fundamentally changed the game.

This

Rule changes aside, Annersley actually remind me of that kid that keeps getting Up in tiggy and tries to change the rules. "The slippery slide is Safe". "All of these angles show it was no try but because this shot is blurry and ambiguous we are using this one to justify it being a try".

Andrew Abdo insists "fans were also voting with their eyeballs, with TV ratings up 3 per cent on last year". i suppose he'll look for anything he can push as a positive, but when half of the eastern seaboard has spent a huge chunk of teh season at home in lockdown with nothing much more to do than watch the TV a 3% rise in ratings has got to be a serious worry. Realistically, you'd expect that figure to be 20-25% rise provided the NRL was putting on a good competition and taking into to consideration they've added Saturday night games on free to air a long way out from the finals.

it's my game and I (did) love it dearly and hate to sound like I'm death riding it, but at present the whole set up resembles a pound of slapped arse.

Andrew Abdo insists "fans were also voting with their eyeballs, with TV ratings up 3 per cent on last year". i suppose he'll look for anything he can push as a positive, but when half of the eastern seaboard has spent a huge chunk of teh season at home in lockdown with nothing much more to do than watch the TV a 3% rise in ratings has got to be a serious worry. Realistically, you'd expect that figure to be 20-25% rise provided the NRL was putting on a good competition and taking into to consideration they've added Saturday night games on free to air a long way out from the finals.

it's my game and I (did) love it dearly and hate to sound like I'm death riding it, but at present the whole set up resembles a pound of slapped arse.

Doesn’t that basically just mean like an extra 75000 people? That isn’t much given the circumstances as you spoke about. And how many of those are affected by origin/women’s origin/not being able to actually attend games?

Also, imagine if there was a competition available that had the normal rules, that would rate through the roof.

Also, I wonder which metric he’s using and how that metric compares to the AFL.

Additionally, the fact the fans survey had the Storm as the most supported time by a 3% margin and only attracted about 18000 responses, what just tell you is happening between the lines?

Of course they aren’t smart enough to consider these things, only smart enough to consider how they can further butt kiss Vlandys.

I wonder...Josh Hannay?

Just read news that Sterlo will be retiring from commentary.

It won't be the same without him. I miss the days where they used to go to Sterlo after a try and he would break down the play and explain how the try was scored. It was good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.