NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit fans that’ll abandon their current team

Unless you’re under 10, you’ll already have a team you’ve chosen, even subconsciously.

It’d be interesting to see the results of an independent poll if anyone in Brisbane that isn’t an Easts Tigers/Jets/whoever else is merging fan or has connections to them via sponsorships or business dealings, the NRL or the press, a) even knows about the expansion team, and/or b) gives two shits about the Brisbane Plastics

Just give it to the Phins ffs
It's giving Brisbane people an option they haven't had before. If you wanted to watch NRL football in Brisbane, you only had the Broncos even though they may have followed other teams before the Broncos were formed.

I still think people will get behind a new side. I would bet there are a lot of people very disillusioned with the Broncos who be more than happy to turn up at suncorp and watch another Brisbane based team playing NRL.
That's what Vlando and NSWRL will be hoping anyway

The best solution for the game is to remove a Sydney club and have the Dolphins start up. Ipswich is already covered by the Gold Coast. Sunny Coast is the void really. And there's an over saturation in Sydney.

But the NRL are too cowardly to do that. A shame really.

The best solution for the game is to remove a Sydney club and have the Dolphins start up. Ipswich is already covered by the Gold Coast. Sunny Coast is the void really. And there's an over saturation in Sydney.

But the NRL are too cowardly to do that. A shame really.

I guess it depends. If that area eats into the Storm's recruitment preference, they won't do it.

It's giving Brisbane people an option they haven't had before. If you wanted to watch NRL football in Brisbane, you only had the Broncos even though they may have followed other teams before the Broncos were formed.
Your team is your team mate. Plenty of people would live in Brisbane and not go for the Broncos yet go for another team. If Redcliffe come in and you leave to support them it makes you no different than any fan that leaves there team. I don't care what you do I am just saying you can't slice it in an anyway that makes it different.

Your team is your team mate. Plenty of people would live in Brisbane and not go for the Broncos yet go for another team. If Redcliffe come in and you leave to support them it makes you no different than any fan that leaves there team. I don't care what you do I am just saying you can't slice it in an anyway that makes it different.
I follow the Dolphins as much as I do the Broncos really. Going to be interesting for me if they do get the nod as I want to see both teams doing well. I don't want the Titans or the cowboys to do well though!

The Storm should stay on the Sunny Coast and merge with the Dolphins to create the East Coast Dolphins. **** Melbourne

behind doors the firewhawks are very confident of getting the nod for the second team like it or not.

apparently melbourne have raised concerns with the nrl about redcliffe getting a team as it would cut into there recruitment in the sunshine coast area.

behind doors the firewhawks are very confident of getting the nod for the second team like it or not.

apparently melbourne have raised concerns with the nrl about redcliffe getting a team as it would cut into there recruitment in the sunshine coast area.
You’re joking right? About the recruiting part?

You’re joking right? About the recruiting part?
got told about it today from someone involved in firehawks. unsure how true it is but i dont see why the person would lie

I would have so much more respect for the Storm if they rebranded to South Qld Storm or something.
I wouldn't... **** the storm.

Everyone knows they are a pseudo QLD team due to recruitment strategy only... force the ***** that sign with them to play out of Melbourne and the miserable weather that comes with it

At the start of each season the "pundits" can't resist making various predictions about the year ahead which is pretty gutsy given the nature of our game. I can never remember who said what but, now retired and confined to my cell during this bout of pestilence, I have the time to track one such crystal-ball gazer. I post the results below for shits and giggles. :rofl
Preds

They've had other options before ... we just "Crushed" them

I follow the Dolphins as much as I do the Broncos really. Going to be interesting for me if they do get the nod as I want to see both teams doing well. I don't want the Titans or the cowboys to do well though!

I've never been a Dolphins fan but I'm a life-long northsider and I can easily see myself adopting the Phins as a true second team - when they aren't playing the Broncos, of course. It'd be great to have a second truly local team to support.

I'm the same as you with Titans and Cowboys, and I definitely wouldn't be getting invested in the other bids.

But Easts (FH) are/were one of the Storms feeder? I don't get it.

What's the bet that the Firehawks will just become the first-grade feeder for the Storm. Have ready-made NRL experienced players that can be bought for unders, how convenient.

Storm are such a fucking cancer. You have an entire fucking state to yourselves and yet you're playing the unfair card about a pocket of Queensland that you had zero ties with until 6 years ago while neglecting your own population for over 20 years. Bunch of *****

I would have so much more respect for the Storm if they rebranded to South Qld Storm or something.
I would have so much more respect for the Storm, if they admitted they cheated and accepted the fact their premierships were illegitimate, stopped pretending they actually won, were actually penalised properly for what they did, publicly apologized for what they did, started developing juniors, actually started caring about the good of the game......
Until then they can **** right off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Skathen
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.