NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the start of each season the "pundits" can't resist making various predictions about the year ahead which is pretty gutsy given the nature of our game. I can never remember who said what but, now retired and confined to my cell during this bout of pestilence, I have the time to track one such crystal-ball gazer. I post the results below for shits and giggles. :rofl
View attachment 14952
What a strikerate!

I've never been a Dolphins fan but I'm a life-long northsider and I can easily see myself adopting the Phins as a true second team - when they aren't playing the Broncos, of course. It'd be great to have a second truly local team to support.

I'm the same as you with Titans and Cowboys, and I definitely wouldn't be getting invested in the other bids.
You know what, if it pisses off the Storm, bring in the Dolphins.

Anyone else notice that the man who passed the jj giltinan shield to bellamy and the storm was none other then.....

Graham annesly... haha ffs... only a few days after cecchin bidding farewell by sucking off Cameron Smith in the media it deadset has become an absolute joke to even pretend there isn't bias in the referree ranks...

Anyone else notice that the man who passed the jj giltinan shield to bellamy and the storm was none other then.....

Graham annesly... haha ffs... only a few days after cecchin bidding farewell by sucking off Cameron Smith in the media it deadset has become an absolute joke to even pretend there isn't bias in the referree ranks...
He's the NRL Head of Football, wouldn't have thought it was that unusual. Jared Maxell is the referee's boss (**** me, he was useless, how did he get that job?).

He's the NRL Head of Football, wouldn't have thought it was that unusual. Jared Maxell is the referee's boss (**** me, he was useless, how did he get that job?).
So he's Jared Maxwell's boss. The refs obviously answer to him, despite his title, otherwise he wouldn't be do his weekly reports/bullshit

Wayne Bennett declared the Bunnies’ campaign the best regular season he has been a part of in 35-year career as an NRL head coach.

“To think that we’ve only lost four games in a season, it’s certainly the best season I’ve coached, I don’t think I’ve had that many wins in my whole career,” Wayne Bennett, 4.9.21

How quickly he forgets !! ... or maybe it's an "age" thing.

Funny listening to people say "at least Matt lodge owns his mistakes" nd be happy with the tiny punishment he got... imagine for a second he played for the Broncos still haha. Better yet, imagine any of the ex Broncos players were flopping it up and make errors the way they are for their teams and they still played for the Broncos hahaha... they'd be getting hammered in the media. What bs considering we are so hamstrung to make the comp "even"

Wayne Bennett declared the Bunnies’ campaign the best regular season he has been a part of in 35-year career as an NRL head coach.

“To think that we’ve only lost four games in a season, it’s certainly the best season I’ve coached, I don’t think I’ve had that many wins in my whole career,” Wayne Bennett, 4.9.21

Hes technically correct, no?

Thought I might dive in to the stats and see just how dominant Turbo was this season.. pretty self explanatory.

Tom Trbojevic -

15 games - 25 tries, 29 linebreaks, 30 try assists, 44 linebreak assists.

Anthony Milford, Brodie Croft, Tyson Gamble, Albert Kelly, Cory Paix & Karmichael Hunt combined -

52 games - 6 tries, 13 linebreaks, 29 try assists, 29 linebreak assists

Thought I might dive in to the stats and see just how dominant Turbo was this season.. pretty self explanatory.

Tom Trbojevic -

15 games - 25 tries, 29 linebreaks, 30 try assists, 44 linebreak assists.

Anthony Milford, Brodie Croft, Tyson Gamble, Albert Kelly, Cory Paix & Karmichael Hunt combined -

52 games - 6 tries, 13 linebreaks, 29 try assists, 29 linebreak assists

What a random group to compare to, not really sure why you would choose a group of bits and pieces players.

There is no doubt that he has been super dominant but why not use other actually top level players in his position in comparison like say Tedesco or even Hynes/Paps.

What a random group to compare to, not really sure why you would choose a group of bits and pieces players.

I chose every single player that has played in the halves for the Broncos this season.

I chose every single player that has played in the halves for the Broncos this season.
Isn't that more highlighting what a dumpster fire our team has been rather than how amazing Tommy is? I didn't need stats to know how rubbish our team has been.

Lookin for a job.

Isn't that more highlighting what a dumpster fire our team has been rather than how amazing Tommy is? I didn't need stats to know how rubbish our team has been.

Yes, I know our halves have been bad. I still thought it was an interesting stat that he's contributed to 20 more tries & 31 more linebreaks in 37 fewer games than our entire seasons worth of halves combinations.

I'll try and make the next stat a bit more interesting for you

It's impressive but it just highlights the current state of the competition and the how vital momentum is.

When you're on top you're going to have more opportunities to extend and pad your stats out. If you're behind teams will just trap you and it takes a real key play or mistake from the opposition to get back into it.

Such a dumb post

Why compare halves from a bottom 3 side vs the best fullback in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Scorchie
  • westy316
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Manifesto
  • Dazza 92
  • NSW stables
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • RodF
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Strop
  • Painin the Haas
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Brotherdu
  • Spooky1013
... and 39 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.