NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegan hipgrave has retired effectively immediately from concussions. Not sure what he was worried about, never seemed to have many brains in the first place 😉

But for real, feel for the guy. Always showed a bit of promise and his aggression if shown in the right way was always admirable.

Rothfield reporting that the NRL want to tweak the six-again rule AGAIN ... although i don't mind this change:

Under the new plan, teams will get a penalty inside their own 20-metre zone instead of six-again for when the opposition is offside or caught interfering and slowing down the play-the-ball. This often happens early in the tackle count when teams deliberately give away a six-agains to keep opponents pinned on their own line.

Rothfield reporting that the NRL want to tweak the six-again rule AGAIN ... although i don't mind this change:

Under the new plan, teams will get a penalty inside their own 20-metre zone instead of six-again for when the opposition is offside or caught interfering and slowing down the play-the-ball. This often happens early in the tackle count when teams deliberately give away a six-agains to keep opponents pinned on their own line.
Should have been this from the start.

Sounds good but Melbourne and Penrith will still be offside Willy nilly

It sounds good in theory but what will likely happen is the refs will now just be far more unlikely to call ruck infringements inside the 20.

It sounds good in theory but what will likely happen is the refs will now just be far more unlikely to call ruck infringements inside the 20.
Nailed it.

Fox Sports reporting that the NRL will accommodate the small number of unvaccinated players. while they haven't said it specifically, I assume that will require an exemption from the QLD and Vic governments due to the COVID laws they've put in place.

Peter Vlandys says:

“I think people are really making a mountain out of a molehill. There are 15 players and that should reduce over time,” he said.

“We believe we can — like the government in NSW — allow for 95 per cent vaccination and the 5 per cent who don’t, you can work with it. The risk is low to nothing.

“So we are going in accordance with what the NSW government is doing. We can put processes in place where no one is at risk.

“As a rugby league family, we look after everyone. You can’t force people to do something they don’t want to do.”

Rugby League Player’s Association CEO Clint Newtown

“The risk is just incredibly low,” he told the Herald.

“It’s about creating a safe workplace and based on the high rates of vaccination in clubs, we will be working with the NRL and clubs on what is the most up to date medical advice ... and implementing things that will provide the most minimal risk.”

the number of fines dished out at the judiciary in 2021 increased significantly.

in 2020, 39 fines were handed down
in 2021, 187 fines were handed out

thats a 379.5% increase ... I now know how they made more income than expected last season :rofl

Asiata's been handed a notice of termination.

If he doesn't get the jab, he will be sacked. Asiata has said he would be happy to go into construction than get the vax.. Idiot doesn't realize he will suffer the same fate there, as well.

Asiata's been handed a notice of termination.

If he doesn't get the jab, he will be sacked. Asiata has said he would be happy to go into construction than get the vax.. Idiot doesn't realize he will suffer the same fate there, as well.
If he got a good dose of covid that would probably change his mind.

DC66EC07 395B 43BC AAF5 48E9C6DF625F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• mrslong
  • FACTHUNT
  • teampjta
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.