NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn’t need a 2nd ref if the touchies actually do their job and the bunker are given a set of rules they’re actually allowed to rule on for all 16 teams in this competition.
Yeh touchies seemed to have collectively decided to restrict their role to running up and down the sideline. That’s it.

the DT reporting that Andrew Webster (Panthers Assistant) is the front runner for the Warriors job, also on the Tigers radar

“I did see it. It was pretty disappointing that it came out in the media and in the end obviously it wasn’t true,” Brooks said. “I think it came from a place where it probably shouldn’t have and that is what is frustrating sometimes about this club, a fair few stories get leaked out and I think it comes from people a lot higher than us. “In the end, it obviously didn’t happen because I played. It’s just another thing (that happens at the club)… what can you do?.”

“It’s a big decision for me, and I’ve got to have a think about what’s best for me,” he said. “I think a lot of the time I haven’t put myself first with these decisions. When the time comes I’m going to sit down and maybe be a bit selfish and do what’s best for me.

“I’m getting towards the back end of my career, so I’ve got to make a decision where I’m going to play my best footy, and a club that looks like they’re going to be in contention. “I haven’t played finals footy, and that’s what I want to do, you want to win premierships.”

But Brooks believes the 23-year old’s best spot is at five-eighth.

“Personally, I think his best position is five-eighth,” Brooks said.
“But when he has played at centre, he played (there) a fair bit the year before and he did really well there so he is a runner of the ball and if we can get the ball in his hands as much as possible, getting him running the ball, that’s his biggest threat.”

“You want to keep your spot but if there is someone there and you’re not playing your best footy and they are going to come in… I guess that helps you to play your best footy so I think it is good to have healthy competition.”

“Honestly, I think Doueihi’s best position is where he wants to play, and that’s in the halves,” Ofahengaue said. “He was our best half last year, he is so dangerous with the ball.
“I think playing in that six or seven role he can float wherever he wants.

“At centre he is held to just one spot and for Doueihi to have an impact on the game, he needs to be everywhere. “I’m not the coach but that is how I see it. I think he probably sees it the same way.”

Sounds like Brooks might want out. Wonder if Bennett goes for him. I personally rate him if it's 500k or less.

“I did see it. It was pretty disappointing that it came out in the media and in the end obviously it wasn’t true,” Brooks said. “I think it came from a place where it probably shouldn’t have and that is what is frustrating sometimes about this club, a fair few stories get leaked out and I think it comes from people a lot higher than us. “In the end, it obviously didn’t happen because I played. It’s just another thing (that happens at the club)… what can you do?.”

“It’s a big decision for me, and I’ve got to have a think about what’s best for me,” he said. “I think a lot of the time I haven’t put myself first with these decisions. When the time comes I’m going to sit down and maybe be a bit selfish and do what’s best for me.

“I’m getting towards the back end of my career, so I’ve got to make a decision where I’m going to play my best footy, and a club that looks like they’re going to be in contention. “I haven’t played finals footy, and that’s what I want to do, you want to win premierships.”

“But when he has played at centre, he played (there) a fair bit the year before and he did really well there so he is a runner of the ball and if we can get the ball in his hands as much as possible, getting him running the ball, that’s his biggest threat.”

“You want to keep your spot but if there is someone there and you’re not playing your best footy and they are going to come in… I guess that helps you to play your best footy so I think it is good to have healthy competition.”

“Honestly, I think Doueihi’s best position is where he wants to play, and that’s in the halves,” Ofahengaue said. “He was our best half last year, he is so dangerous with the ball.

“At centre he is held to just one spot and for Doueihi to have an impact on the game, he needs to be everywhere. “I’m not the coach but that is how I see it. I think he probably sees it the same way.”

Sounds like Brooks might want out. Wonder if Bennett goes for him. I personally rate him if it's 500k or less.

He's wanted out for months apparently. He even had the Knights lined up because they were keen, but the Tigers said no. He'd be a great pick up for the Dolphins IMO

I kind of hinted this yesterday when talking about the Dolphins, but i wouldn't be surprised if Doueihi rejoins Wayne.

He's wanted out for months apparently. He even had the Knights lined up because they were keen, but the Tigers said no. He'd be a great pick up for the Dolphins IMO

To partner who? Milford? O'Sullivan? That Panthers' kid?

To partner who? Milford? O'Sullivan? That Panthers' kid?
I think it was before they'd signed Milford tbh, so months is wrong. It could have even been in the off season.

I kind of hinted this yesterday when talking about the Dolphins, but i wouldn't be surprised if Doueihi rejoins Wayne.
Doueihi is a beast, but the Tigers would be crazy to let him go.

Either pickup would be great. Surely if they were to get Doueihi though Milford is off the table?

Doueihi is a beast, but the Tigers would be crazy to let him go.

Either pickup would be great. Surely if they were to get Doueihi though Milford is off the table?

You would think so, but its a bit odd he is asking not to get picked if its not at 6. Both have links with Wayne. Depends on what the Tigers do with Brooks i feel. Not a great sign when they are picking him over Doueihi who i think is a better player anyway. I think O'Sullivan and Doueihi would be a decent halves pairing.

You would think so, but its a bit odd he is asking not to get picked if its not at 6. Both have links with Wayne. Depends on what the Tigers do with Brooks i feel. Not a great sign when they are picking him over Doueihi who i think is a better player anyway. I think O'Sullivan and Doueihi would be a decent halves pairing.

Random thought and Adam may not go for it but what about:

6. Brooks
7. O'Sullivan
13. Doueihi

I reckon who could make an excellent modern day 13.

6. Brooks
7. O'Sullivan
13. Doueihi

Wouldnt be a bad option. I wonder if its more an issue with him wanting to play at 6 or if he's just sick of the shit at the Tigers.

6. Brooks
7. O'Sullivan
13. Doueihi

While it’s not quite the 3rd prop position anymore, would he be able to last in the forwards?

Dude’s a bit glass-y these days

While it’s not quite the 3rd prop position anymore, would he be able to last in the forwards?

Dude’s a bit glass-y these days

Good question and it would be a massive risk, I cannot actually see Redcliffe doing it as it is really risky. They do have a few fallback options already though with Stone, Nicholls, K.Bromwich even or even Gilbert.

the DT reporting that Andrew Webster, the Panthers assistant will be announced as the Warriors new coach.

they say it is "understood" Webster has signed a 3 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.