NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommorow Daily Telegraph is going to release a new top 100 NRL salary list, a new number 1 as well which I assume is Ponga.

Would be interested to see how many we have in that list.
I'll be interested to see whose salary has gone up and down since they released their list last year

Must be tough for tigers fans watching Naufoloma gushing over the storm in the post game interview.

Basically said he wasn’t enjoying his footy, was worn down by not playing finals for 10 years, but is working hard again now he’s at Melbourne. Asked if he wants to extend at the storm he giggled like a school girl and said No Comment
To be fair though, Tigers had him in reserve grade at the time.

Yeah for sure. But he handled it with no tact at all. None of the expected - “it’s a great experience for me but the tigers have done a lot for me over the years” or some other cheap deflection.

It’s just jarring sometimes when players don’t stick to the script. I don’t even blame him but tigers fans will be feeling a bit cucked watching that lol

He's always been a good winger, slightly above average I would suggest, scored some cracking tries over the course of his career. Melbourne would've been quite happy to pick him up

Yeah for sure. But he handled it with no tact at all. None of the expected - “it’s a great experience for me but the tigers have done a lot for me over the years” or some other cheap deflection.

It’s just jarring sometimes when players don’t stick to the script. I don’t even blame him but tigers fans will be feeling a bit cucked watching that lol
Probably would be keener to say things like that if it were true. He has been unfairly made the scapegoat for most of there shit and is constantly out of the team with no apparent reason.

according to the Courier Mail / DT top 100 rich list (Brent Read byline)

Jesse Bromwich is the 7th highest paid player in the game on $1.05 million
Somebody stop Payne from reading the paper.......!!

oh......wait 🙄

carry on.

Ciraldo has reportedly signed a 5 year contract to take over as head coach of the Bulldogs from next season.

told Panthers players at training today

If Canberra go on to win today, they will still fancy their chances of a playoff berth ahead of the Broncos. Only a major miracle will see Brisbane topple Melbourne on Friday night. Canb, Syd and Parra all have winnable games next weekend.

If all the favourites win next round, Bris will be sitting in 8th a mere 2 points ahead of Canberra (if they win today). It's hard to fathom that a team with 13 wins could potentially miss out. Still nervous times ahead.

If Canberra go on to win today, they will still fancy their chances of a playoff berth ahead of the Broncos. Only a major miracle will see Brisbane topple Melbourne on Friday night. Canb, Syd and Parra all have winnable games next weekend.

If all the favourites win next round, Bris will be sitting in 8th a mere 2 points ahead of Canberra (if they win today). It's hard to fathom that a team with 13 wins could potentially miss out. Still nervous times ahead.

there are 3 games to go.
where 4 points clear of 9th place
and you pick us to potentially miss out to the Raiders. 🤔

just FYI neither the Roosters (2 points behind us) or the Eels (= points but much worse differential) have easy draws

the Roosters play the Storm and Rabbitohs
the Eels play us and the Storm
and we have a game against the Dragons

p.s. If Manly beat the Titans, they actually jump the Raiders on the ladder

there are 3 games to go.

just FYI neither the Roosters (2 points behind us) or the Eels (= points but much worse differential) have easy draws

Er no

raiders are now 24 pts
Manly are 20

If manly win that puts them in 22.

Raiders have a piss easy draw to r25

We're 2 wins clear of the Raiders (with 100 points differential advantage)who are the only team who still have a chance.

We have Eels, Storm and Dragons, I'm very confident we'll win that last one at least.

Raiders have Knights, Manly, Tigers. I don't think they have it in them to win all 3 although that's an easy draw but Manly will trouble them.

Er no

raiders are now 24 pts
Manly are 20

If manly win that puts them in 22.

Raiders have a piss easy draw to r25

my mistake.
NRL. com haven't updated their ladder

there are 3 games to go.

Manly will be 2 pts behind Canberra with a win today. If the Broncos lose their last 3 (which is very possible) and Canberra win their remaining 3 (which isn'tas likely) , they will secure 8th. The Roosters will be fine, they are red hot. Bris vs Parra is a huge match with the loser potentially finishing 9th.

But if I were a betting man, I would tip that Canberra will come up short with Bris and Parra battling for 7th/8th. But I was just highlighting the number of scenarios still in play.

Ciraldo has reportedly signed a 5 year contract to take over as head coach of the Bulldogs from next season.

told Panthers players at training today

I am sure Ciraldo is very happy with that however, it's one hell of a punt to take

He's going to be taking over a team that has been one of the worst teams going around for the past few years in his debut season as head coach in the NRL. I reckon he wouldn't have taken anything less than a 5 year deal

He's going to need to be every bit as good of a coach as they've made him out to be

5 years for a highly rated rookie coach...this could never go wrong.

didn't anyone learn from our Seibold years ...

The Titans copy his roster strategy
Bulldogs copy his contract

No pressure Cameron..
ED050EBC 7CBF 403E B063 BED572691D6D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Justwin
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.